Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycle bin from the live broadcast?!?????

I was watching the live broadcasts last week from the EA gurus and in one of the 3 I watched, I saw a guru grab a plate (possibly bowl of food) and throw it away in a special trash can that "recycled" the item automatically and gave the family 60 simoleons into their family funds. So I KNOW this is in the game. I SAW it! But my friend who is treaming a lets play on twitch cannot locate it, and when I google it, it says no recycle bins in sims $ LMAO! I JUST saw the gurus use it tho! So does anyone know WHERE it is located, what it looks like, or is called, etc, something to help her locate this in the game? Quick answers are MUCHO appreciated since she is live right now ;) thanks!

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    I was watching the live broadcasts last week from the EA gurus and in one of the 3 I watched, I saw a guru grab a plate (possibly bowl of food) and throw it away in a special trash can that "recycled" the item automatically and gave the family 60 simoleons into their family funds. So I KNOW this is in the game. I SAW it! But my friend who is treaming a lets play on twitch cannot locate it, and when I google it, it says no recycle bins in sims $ LMAO! I JUST saw the gurus use it tho! So does anyone know WHERE it is located, what it looks like, or is called, etc, something to help her locate this in the game? Quick answers are MUCHO appreciated since she is live right now ;) thanks!
    You might have seen no trash compactors in the Sims 4. AFAKI, the recycling bin from the demo is in the game.

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    hamburgerfayehamburgerfaye Posts: 431 Member
    edited September 2014
    Great, I know it is in game ;) And if you google "sims 4 recycle bin" theres posts that say no recycle bin. But, again, I already said all of this in the original post... sooo...
    Do you know where it is located in game to purchase, like what subcatagory in buy, or the name of said item so I can help her locate it :D I dont have the game, so I cant just pull it up and look for it for her...
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    I think it's a reward object, I don't know I don't have the game yet but I think it is.
  • Options
    hamburgerfayehamburgerfaye Posts: 431 Member
    Ahhhhhh.... thanks alejandro... that would make sense as to why she couldnt locate it in buy mode! Can anyone confirm this?
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    It was actually mentioned in one of the videos. I think it was the same one you watched? But yes, it is specifically a reward object. I don't think they mentioned what it's a reward FOR, though. :/
  • Options
    KyrreKyrre Posts: 6 New Member
    I bought it earlier with my sims. I searched by rooms, kitchen, trash and it was there. In the middle of them all. Has lights on it. .. Unfortunately I'm at a dr appointment and don't know the name of it off the top of my head.

Just started the game and pretty sure Ididn't unlock it but it does give simoleans when i drag trash into it.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Maclimes wrote: »
    It was actually mentioned in one of the videos. I think it was the same one you watched? But yes, it is specifically a reward object. I don't think they mentioned what it's a reward FOR, though. :/

I'm not sure I want to DO what's required that would have a bin as a reward...the mind boggles! >:)

• Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I found it in appliances in Miscellaneous. And yes it works. I only got $20 for my dishes though. :open_mouth: