Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Game WORTH it?

I haven't played the Sims in years! I stopped playing right after I bought Sims 3 Pets. lol.
I read you don't have toddlers and there's no pool. Is it still worth it?
Also, what does a pregnant sim look like in sims 4? (Before giving birth?) I have seen pictures of them in labor but would like to see what they look like. Do they also have 1 set of clothes for pregnancy like sims 3?

Comments

• Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    SimLogic51 wrote: »
    I haven't played the Sims in years! I stopped playing right after I bought Sims 3 Pets. lol. <br />
    I read you don't have toddlers and there's no pool. Is it still worth it? <br />
    Also, what does a pregnant sim look like in sims 4? (Before giving birth?) I have seen pictures of them in labor but would like to see what they look like. Do they also have 1 set of clothes for pregnancy like sims 3?

they can wear whatever clothes they want which is nice

no toddlers and babies are tied to their crib
    no pools
    no color wheel, you have to choose the pre sets the designers made
    no create a style tool
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited September 2014
    For Me...yes. I got bored of the robot sims and dull gameplay in the sims 3. today ive been playing for most of the past 12 hrs (breaks for food dog and other household things) and love it i havent spent much time playing with build but play has been good so many little things for me makes up or will hold me over till the features that were left out come back...thats personal though so if nothing else get it from origin play extensively for the first 24 hours and if you dont like it return it for a refund....great game guarantee is available for the sims 4
  • Options
    SimLogic51SimLogic51 Posts: 359 Member
    thanks for your input guys (gals). I just remember i used to be obsessed with the sims from the get go, not sure if i can even play sims 4 on my computer. might install sims 3 game again but then again i got tired of that easily which makes me worry about sims 4. I used to be story teller lol. I used to play non-stop when i was obsessed. lol.
  • Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    I think it's good
  • Options
    XOBABEXO3XOBABEXO3 Posts: 350 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm in love with The Sims 4! I too got bored of The Sims 3 :( There is a lot of things missing but honestly I don't miss any of them. It's so different from The Sims 3. (in a good way!) It was weird at first getting used to the new UI. I love all of the little details they've added, The food looks really good! My sims made a grilled cheese and when she sat down to eat it the cheese oozed out of the sandwich! The new multitasking is nice! Sims can do so much more! My sims were dancing and my male sim started flirting with my female sim while dancing! If you're still unsure about it watch some lets plays and review and ask questions about the game! Hope I helped!
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    You should check other sites for information and reviews, though be prepared. The majority are giving it a low score. I would expand your search, because it is always better to search outside of these forums, because the die-hard fans that think EA never does anything wrong will say anything to give it a high score. From my search I found most were low scores. My fiancé is wanting to buy it Friday, I am wanting to just say no by reading the reviews from others from everywhere. Always research a game before buying and always go outside of the original game forums.
  • Options
    KatxLuffKatxLuff Posts: 312 Member
    They removed ALOT. And changed the whole way its played. Its kind of like Sims 1 with better graphics and multitasking. I was extremely disappointed and I returned mine.... Try it out and then return it if you don't like it.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I personally think it IS worth it. Yes they took out some very important things, but trust me, the game is still plenty exciting and fresh. In my opinion, it is the best base game that has ever come out in the sims franchise. The graphics are gorgeous, the emotions are fantastic, and you can still VERY MUCH have a legacy or a large family without the toddlers. I feel like the babies, while they are tied to the crib, are very cute. Their limbs move and they make facial expressions. The food selection is incredible and makes me hungry just playing, as well as there are AWESOME parties to throw. You can move back and forth between two worlds which in my opinion makes up for the small worlds, because its essentially like TWO different kinds of towns in one. The loading screens take my computer about 10 seconds to load but I find that I play my sims more at home, and its still 100 percent fun.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Ask the question again 2-3 weeks from now when the honeymoon is over.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I think from all the negative comments this is one honeymoon that's not going to last 2 or 3 weeks. Looks like divorce after 1 night of it. :\

6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I think from all the negative comments this is one honeymoon that's not going to last 2 or 3 weeks. Looks like divorce after 1 night of it. :\

5.3 user rating on metacritic so far.

• Options
    mana0143mana0143 Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2014
    Personally I love it! I have played all of them, and this one is great as well. I don't really remember the base game of Sims 3 to make an accurate comparison (I'm getting old. .. ;) )but I have already put several hours into it and I am not bored. Some things are harder and it gives me a challenge. Becoming friends for example. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I would have liked to have pools and toddlers, however as of now, I am not missing them. Maybe I will after I get the hang of everything but I really like this game.
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    The game was worth the money to me. I know I played the sims3 base game for about 3 hours before I thought I knew the whole game. I am on hour 8 and have only touched the surface. I cannot tell you if the game is worth it to you.