Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Im Never going to be able to play

Origin is messed up right now. I got the game and I felt so excited. Now all my excitement was sucked down the drain because nothing ever works. Why does it have to connect to origin? I dont understand. I cant just install and play. I have to wait for origin to work before I can play. Im literally in tears now. I wrote in the tech forum but its just not that busy. So I just want to whine because all I want is to be able to play the sims 4 and I cant. :'(
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    athyrmoseathyrmose Posts: 223 Member
    I had the same thing happen last night, but I was able to resolve it by restarting my PC. Have you tried that?
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yeah I tried that already. Still no luck.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    Bummer Origin is down. I'm guessing it's their servers. I'm about to go get my game and hope it's fixed shortly.
  • Options
    I hope so too. Its the worst feeling in the world to be on top of the world happy about the game. Then to find out that I cant even install my game. Im really in tears right now. This is awful. Ive been trying to get it to work for an hour. Going to try restarting agian. Dont think it will work but I have to try something. I just want it to work so I can play.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Are you downloading from disc? I just did it and had no problems. Mine's ready to play, but I think I better run out and get a quick supper first.
  • Options
    Yes Im using a disc. Im happy for you.

Im sad though. I dont know if Ill ever be able to play.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ughhhhhhhhh the thing is tricking me. It started to show where to type the product code for like 1 second then it showed a circle chasing its tail then it went to temporary unavialable agian. i hate this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    loialarentloialarent Posts: 65 Member
    What error are you getting? Screens?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    ughhhhhhhhh the thing is tricking me. It started to show where to type the product code for like 1 second then it showed a circle chasing its tail then it went to temporary unavialable agian. i hate this 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

Oh dear. I hope you get it installed soon. *hugs*

• Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I agree that it's terrible that one must connect to Origin to activate the game. When their servers are down it punishes players who bought the disc version.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    It says its temporary unavialable. And to try agian in a few minutes.

And theres no refresh button so I keep having to open and close my dvd rom door and restart it.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    @fullspiral thanks

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ZanarridaZanarrida Posts: 112 Member

I fell your pain @alyssasim87 hopefully your disc will download sooner. My is still downloading and it taking forever almost three hours 30minutes. :\
  • Options
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I agree that it's terrible that one must connect to Origin to activate the game. When their servers are down it punishes players who bought the disc version.

I know Im not even sure if I can take the game back. I dont really want to. I really want the game to work. I wish there was a way to install without origin. This is beyond upsetting.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    Zanarrida wrote: »

I fell your pain @alyssasim87 hopefully your disc will download sooner. My is still downloading and it taking forever almost three hours 30minutes. :\

Is it because origin was being a pain?

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ArielDelphinusArielDelphinus Posts: 628 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hun I hope you get it in soon. Gamestop here opens in a half hour, I soooo hope I don't have that problem. I know you are upset, I would be to. Take a deep breath, go for a walk and hopefully when you get back it will be all better. Playing MMO's for as long as I have, I have learned a great deal of down time patience. :)
    “Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
    ― Neil Gaiman
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I'm installing it on my lunch break. Hurry up install!! I want to at least load it up before I have to get back to work.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    I couldn't buy the game through Origin so I'm pretty annoyed too. I tried Paypal and 2 different credit cards and got a different error code each time. My mom was going to stop somewhere and pick it up after work but now I just called her and told her not to get it yet if the problem is Origin.
  • Options
    Ok after 2 hours, over 40 tries, 3 computer restarts, Im finally getting somewhere. At least I think I am.

But now I have no clue what Im doing. It said to download. I never had a game say download just install. So what does this mean?
    Is this just another step before installation? Or is this mean its installing? And will it ask me for my 2nd disc? This is weird to me.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    see if the solutions here help if you are still having problems connecting to origin http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    Ack, where are my manners?! I meant to also say I'm sorry you're having trouble and I wish I could help. I sure hope you're getting somewhere *hug* and if I come across anything that'll help I'll let you know :)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I hope so too. Its the worst feeling in the world to be on top of the world happy about the game. Then to find out that I cant even install my game. Im really in tears right now. This is awful. Ive been trying to get it to work for an hour. Going to try restarting agian. Dont think it will work but I have to try something. I just want it to work so I can play.

In how you feel, my weeks been so busy that I won't be able to download the game till Friday.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who has responded.

Anyway its up and running. Ive been playing for 2 days now and am having a great time.

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    HGriffinlovessimsHGriffinlovessims Posts: 928 Member
    Mine wont stop crashing and its ruining my life...I cant wait to play a long period of time!!!! So glad your game is fixed Alyssa
  • Options
    AshleeMDAndradeAshleeMDAndrade Posts: 53 Member
    You will play it, but then it will crash. It will be forever a battle with Sims 4
    <3