Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Last name didn't change after getting married.

I moved two sims in together and when they got married, the female still has the same last name she did before they got married, and their child has her last name.
Digital Dollhouse Designs Lot Showcase
Origin ID: asphyxiateddoll

Comments

• Options
    Olesko17Olesko17 Posts: 13 New Member
    I have the same issue... AND you can't even change her last name lol AHHHHHHH FRUSTRATING
  • Options
    danilee2328danilee2328 Posts: 16 New Member
    Same here :(
  • Options
    MsHoneyluv21MsHoneyluv21 Posts: 15 Member
    Im going back to sims 2 and 3. Forget this game.
  • Options
    dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    Ah - 2nd thread I've seen like this. Might be worth checking out what Tech Support can do about it. No cheat using testingcheatsenabled_true to 'rename sim' is there? And, heck, in TS3, you could just go down to the Town Hall to rename playables..

I must have been bugged in Sims 3 because sometimes my sims had that option and sometimes they didn't. It was weird.
  • Options
    Koach137Koach137 Posts: 74 Member
    Ah, crud. This is not good at all. :( I sure as hell hope they can fix it.
  • Options
    Zenith25Zenith25 Posts: 185 Member
    I had the same thing happen too and don't see an obvious way to rename.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Can anyone out there confirm whether this happens with all marriages or not?
  • Options
    Zenith25Zenith25 Posts: 185 Member
    Thanks @MsPhy I'll try that out. :)
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    I was watching an LP and that happened. Score 1 for feminism but 0 for you if you want to change the names. IDK who the kids got the last name from.
  • Options
    sammlynn364sammlynn364 Posts: 82 Member
    This happened to me too. You can choose the babies last name upon birth, but either spouse's original last name stays the same as before they were married.
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    You cannot change the last name in CAS via testing cheats. It tells you that you cannot modify pre-created sims or something along those lines. You can only edit their appearance through that.

And this happens to me, too. I reported it last night and posted in the bug thread. Had a sim host a wedding party, after the party ended his new spouse went home along with the other guests and her last name did not change. Nice work, Sims team! How many expansions do we have to wait through for this to be rectified?

I enjoy the game but these little things are starting to build up and get to me.

They really dropped the ball when it comes to sims relationships with one another. No family trees, no real in-depth relationships between family members, the only relationships you have indicated via the panel are the bare basics: sibling, parent, grandparent. No uncles, no cousins (far as I am aware), no in-laws.

The new emotions system is all froth and no substance when features that would tie it them together are missing. I had the parents of a sim die and they didn't even feel sad about because they didn't witness the deaths! Another sim-child's parents got divorced right in front of him and he didn't even react, no sad mood, nothing! Really missing the old aspirations system in TS3 with wants/fears and decent aspirations.

If TS3 actually played without stuttering like it's sinking into a swamp, I would go back to it until expansions are released for TS4 but I can't stand even the minimal amount of stutter.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    BWpunisher wrote: »
    You cannot change the last name in CAS via testing cheats. It tells you that you cannot modify pre-created sims or something along those lines. You can only edit their appearance through that.

And this happens to me, too. I reported it last night and posted in the bug thread. Had a sim host a wedding party, after the party ended his new spouse went home along with the other guests and her last name did not change. Nice work, Sims team! How many expansions do we have to wait through for this to be rectified?

I enjoy the game but these little things are starting to build up and get to me.

They really dropped the ball when it comes to sims relationships with one another. No family trees, no real in-depth relationships between family members, the only relationships you have indicated via the panel are the bare basics: sibling, parent, grandparent. No uncles, no cousins (far as I am aware), no in-laws.

The new emotions system is all froth and no substance when features that would tie it them together are missing. I had the parents of a sim die and they didn't even feel sad about because they didn't witness the deaths! Another sim-child's parents got divorced right in front of him and he didn't even react, no sad mood, nothing! Really missing the old aspirations system in TS3 with wants/fears and decent aspirations.

If TS3 actually played without stuttering like it's sinking into a swamp, I would go back to it until expansions are released for TS4 but I can't stand even the minimal amount of stutter.

Wow. It shows how little effort went into this game.

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited September 2014
    I moved two sims in together and when they got married, the female still has the same last name she did before they got married, and their child has her last name.

Because female Sims are liberated in TS4.

• Options
    LorenzoUzuLorenzoUzu Posts: 52 Member
    This game sure has gone downhill, if you have to use cheats to change simple things like last names.
  • Options
    LorenzoUzu wrote: »
    This game sure has gone downhill, if you have to use cheats to change simple things like last names.

Yes.

• Options
    bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    One of my sims BF died and she wasn't notified. :( so different than TS3. I have a feeling if we want those type of relationships (mourning, etc) then we're going to have to stick with TS3. I really hope that's not the case, though.
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2014
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I'm liberated as plum and still plan on taking my Fiance's last name when we marry :P
  • Options
    Lilmik552Lilmik552 Posts: 21 New Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    There's a workaround. I can't remember right now if I had to have Origin online or not -- I think I had it off -- but anyway, here it is:

Ctrl-Shift-C

testingcheats true

Shift-Click on your Sim and choose "Modify in CAS"

This takes you to CAS, where you can change the name.

You can also change the household name by going to Manage World. There's no cheat involved in this one. Just choose the family and change the household name.

I was successful in changing the wife's name, the child's name, and the household name using these methods.

I've tried this but it said "Cannot edit and existing sim" or something like that..Had same affect while managing household.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Chain wrote: »
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

I'm liberated as plum and still plan on taking my Fiance's last name when we marry :P

Not even hyphenated? That's rather unliberated of you.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    If you get the message "Cannot edit an existing Sim," try putting Origin offline. I swear to you, folks, I have successfully renamed my Sims. Let me see if I can get some screen shots.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Okay, this is really strange. I had to try it 3 times this time, but the 3rd time it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first two times. Here are the shots.

Testingcheats true

shot1_zps1f5f4142.jpg

Dennis Kim, before I clicked on his name to rename him:

shot2_zps2758d881.jpg

Dennis Kim, now renamed to Dennis Jones. You can also change relationships with other household members while in this mode.

shot3_zps2024bcb1.jpg
  • Options
    They didn't code in marriages! The spouse doesn't move it, the name doesn't change.

The game is very sloppy and unfinished.
  • Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    Okay, this is really strange. I had to try it 3 times this time, but the 3rd time it worked. I don't know why it didn't work the first two times. Here are the shots.

Testingcheats true

shot1_zps1f5f4142.jpg

Dennis Kim, before I clicked on his name to rename him:

shot2_zps2758d881.jpg

Dennis Kim, now renamed to Dennis Jones. You can also change relationships with other household members while in this mode.

shot3_zps2024bcb1.jpg

Sorcery! If there is any way you can figure out why it works sometimes and not others, that would be phenomenal. i can't get it to work!!
    I tried it with origin on, with origin off, clicked with the selected character, with someone else.... pre-existing sims can't be edited. This wedding is horse plum!

that's a line from a movie but it kinda fits really well here haha
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top