Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else's sim gaining weight?

Comments

• Options
    LorchiesLorchies Posts: 248 Member
    awww mortimer

MJrudIf.jpg
    4H0wpBe.gif
    SXqHYMo.gifWxpCjVk.pngyQHCqnz.gifr8OGTWg.png56PglL7.gif
    B9hE3y9.pngCOLCyt0.gifB9hE3y9.png
  • Options
    firekrakerjaxfirekrakerjax Posts: 8 New Member
    I had everything below typed out so I could share my story & pictures, but I keep getting a message saying that I have to be around here longer before I can post links. Does anyone know if I can do anything about that? I'm not a big poster and I don't want to reply to a bunch of posts just to share some pictures.

Here's what I wanted to post along with the pictures I took:

I love this thread...in fact, I came on here because I wondered if my sim was the only one (Sorry the "after" pictures are dark. It's nighttime).

She's lazy, gloomy & a loner. She works in the painting field.

He's neat, cheerful & outgoing (I made them as opposite as I could on purpose). He works in the culinary field because I honestly didn't know what other job to give him (I want him to work in mixology but he keeps getting promoted in the culinary side of it).

They're both adults now. She's been pregnant with twins once.

I had her run on the treadmill twice, but shortly after she gets an uncomfortable moodlet because she's lazy...I forgot exactly how it's phrased but it's something like excruciatingly uncomfortable...so dramatic.

I've had him exercise on the treadmill maybe 3 or 4 times so far.

They eat pretty much everything, but lately I've been trying to make more salad for dinner and scrambled eggs for breakfast, not pancakes or french toast. Also, I haven't stopped them when they continue to eat once the hunger bar is green. She did that a lot before getting married, so that may be why she's gotten so big.
  • Options
    KylerzmomKylerzmom Posts: 1,074 Member
    @firekrakerjax new users are not allowed to post pictures (it states so in the forum rules) but I am not sure how many time you need to have posted to be able to sorry!
    You know nothing.
    1cc950bf-a674-44ca-8d69-a234571ea2f5_zps8d6da33b.jpg
  • Options
    John4626John4626 Posts: 155 Member
    I think there is a bug involving sims and weigh/muscle. My poor girl looks like the incredible hulk, and I hadn't even had her exercise. She is a gardener and is outside and walking a lot, but I can't seem to do anything to prevent her from looking like she-hulk. She is wearing a sweater in this pic, but her arms are as grotesquely muscled as her legs.

N5QOb93.png
    Banner_zpsa6d528fe.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I see. I guess I should read the rules. I never post to the forums but I've been playing the games since the original sims. Maybe I'll go comment a bit more around here so I can post them. :)
    Post edited by firekrakerjax on
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Yeah, I thought my sim was getting a little thicker. When I saw that I immediately thought of your thread, lol. So I thought I'd come back to tell you about it and to say I sent her to the gym, and that seems to do the trick. But someone mentioned taking pictures, so I think I'll try to do that, so I have something to compare it to.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    John4626 wrote: »
    I think there is a bug involving sims and weigh/muscle. My poor girl looks like the incredible hulk, and I hadn't even had her exercise. She is a gardener and is outside and walking a lot, but I can't seem to do anything to prevent her from looking like she-hulk. She is wearing a sweater in this pic, but her arms are as grotesquely muscled as her legs.

N5QOb93.png

she hulk ? ^^

1471227-she_hulk_by_portalcomic.jpg
    4H0wpBe.gif
  • Options
    RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm glad i found this thread because I seriously thought I was losing it. My sim started out very thin with a little curve to her with thick thighs. 3 pregnancies later and she looks like a totally different sim. I only noticed when I changed her clothes, right then it dawned on me that she had gained weight. Now I have to try to fit in working out with her work schedule and her kids. Being a single mom of 3 is not easy. Sheesh
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Hmm. I haven't noticed any weight gain in mine, and they don't exercise (just like their Master Controller, heh), but it's only been about a Sim week. We'll see.
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    >
    > S100Headache wrote: »
    >

> Anisim wrote: »
    >
    > Hopefully Maxis/EA will tune this down a bit. I'm also hoping that my sim won't lose her "goods" when she exercises.
    >
    >
    >
    > I think that fitness/fatness are done on the sliders and not on the body parts. The only thing that seems to affect actual body parts is pregnancy.

I really hope so. I like the way my Sim looks now and I want her to stay that way.
  • Options
    XOBABEXO3XOBABEXO3 Posts: 350 Member
    My YA sims have not gained anything, they did have a child and omg she's ALWAYS eating and shes getting chubby! LOL Even when her hunger is a tiny bit down if I'm not watching her she'll go find some food.
  • Options
    lauraf_1986lauraf_1986 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I think we are bugged. I have had the same problem with my female Sim. She is super plump. I jog, I treadmill, everything, and she is still a rolly polly. She was pretty skinny when I made her and her husband does 0 workouts and has retained the same shape as when I created him. I think we are just screwed lol

Might be the culinary career... Mine is a Mixologist. I'm sure she is stuffing herself at work! :(
  • Options
    testingcheats true wont let me modify dem body/face D: ..errrh
    4H0wpBe.gif
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Lorchies wrote: »

you can. after doing testingcheats true, type "cas.fulleditmode" , now CAS will have the full body options.

Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    almondalmond Posts: 153 Member
    Not my sims. I only make sure they eat salads for the most part, though. No greasy/fattening foods!
  • Options
    Lorchies wrote: »

you can. after doing testingcheats true, type "cas.fulleditmode" , now CAS will have the full body options.

ty ^^
    4H0wpBe.gif
  • Options
    ouch...mortimer is gone ....i can't find him anywhere.
    4H0wpBe.gif
  • Options
    AmairaAmaira Posts: 293 Member
    @simmadness24 They get an instant bump as soon as they find out they are pregnant that grows as the trimesters pass. Though I think they keep some baby weight after the pregnancy you have to work off.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Let's try this again.

Here's the before/after of my sim (in the "after" she's an adult & has been pregnant once with twins but she ate everything she could make & i didn't stop her when the hunger bar was green even before pregnancy):

ba001.jpg

Her husband, now also an adult, who exercised only a few times and pretty much ate regularly. He never gained a significant amount of weight:

ba002.jpg

After having them "eat healthy" & exercise a lot in their free time. This only took a few days:

ba003.jpg

He's gotten more lean just from the treadmill. They both workout at home because they're able to socialize with each other and their kids that way.

I had to make her take a bath to calm her down when she got "excruciatingly fatigued" then put her back on the treadmill.

Anyway, I hope this isn't a bug. It's quite realistic and I like it.
    Post edited by firekrakerjax on
  • Options
    Phantomrose90Phantomrose90 Posts: 299 Member
    I've noticed today, when I loaded up my game that my female sim looked like she gained a bit of weight. I had her jog, and use the treadmill for two/three days. Now she's back to her normal weight. The husband also gained some weight. I'm working on him losing a bit of his weight as well. This is pretty awesome, it is just the matter of maintaining their weights. Also, they have been using the grill a lot, so I have to get them to use the grill less, and make salads more. xD
  • Options
    reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    My sim gained weight when she was pregnant with her twins and ate a lot during her pregnancy she eats when her hunger bar is yellow but usually makes gourmet meals she is not in the cooking career but she does eat diiferently compared to her husband and kids who will have small quick meals when hungry. Here is what she looks like trying to have her lose weight.

[img][/img]09-03-14_12-50nbspPM.png
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I noticed all of my sims were gaining weight. I had a rather large sim start exercising once a day and by day three she was very skinny. I think as long as they exercise 2-3 times a week, they should be able to maintain weight alright.
  • Options
    SmithMarshSmithMarsh Posts: 1,057 Member
    This is kinda like the laundry deal for me. I do it but I don't like having to schedule in working out in rl. Why would I want to play a game where I have to take away time from the fun things I like doing and fool with it there too?

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I don't mind having my sim hit the gym and that...problem is I don't want her to come out looking like she is some wcw wrestler lol!!!
    Still waiting for Toddlers...