Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Strange That They Still Haven't Said A Word About Premium Memberships?

Is it strange that we are now less than 11 hours away from the US launch, and there hasn't been a single word uttered about the Premium Memberships in any official capacity? Does it even still exist or was it something they were planning that has been put on the back burner? There are players who have the final playable game in their hands already. Certainly if the subscription is still an option, there is information about what you are buying. Do they really want the first information that comes out publicly to be from an uncontrolled source? That just doesn't sound wise, and sounds nothing like EA at all.
"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".

Comments

• Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Hopefully they scrapped the idea. From what I understand of the premium membership idea, even for EA it just seems excessively greedy.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    It was only ever a rumour it may come or it may not it was always just speculation . Do not believe everything you see always check the facts. Rumour soon becomes a fact on this forum!!
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Yeah it is strange they never commented on a feature that they never commented on in the first place :/
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Pretty sure it is scrapped or people already playing in Asia would have mentioned it.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Either they scrapped the idea, it was just a rumor, or they're waiting to announce details till they actually have the Sims 4 Store up and running, which might be a few weeks after game launch because they'll be busy dealing with other issues like if someone finds a major bug that needs squashing.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    Even for EA a premium membership seems overly greedy. But then again the store had some serious money grabs to buy...
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Well I've set firm rules for myself this time. Unless it adds game play I wont buy from the store. There are far to many talented creators that give away better quality clothes and such.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @Netguysteve, I LOVE your siggie!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    I've been looking for a in game store and haven't seen one yet.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    IIRC, they didn't roll out the Sims 3 store until a few months after Sims 3 released; there was the free download for Riverview but it was handled separately.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    IIRC, they didn't roll out the Sims 3 store until a few months after Sims 3 released; there was the free download for Riverview but it was handled separately.

Hi, no, it was available the day of release. We got to have the free world (Riverview) if we registered the game. But I don't remember much of any real content for sale. Maybe there was, I just don't remember that part of it.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    I haven't seen anything about a premium membership. But I haven't been in the gallery much.
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Snosrap522 wrote: »
    It was only ever a rumour it may come or it may not it was always just speculation . Do not believe everything you see always check the facts. Rumour soon becomes a fact on this forum!!
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Yeah it is strange they never commented on a feature that they never commented on in the first place :/

You both seem to be forgetting where this originated from in the first place. It was during the Live Play that SimGurus Graham and Ryan did. It was clearly promoted within the UI when they entered the gallery. It's not a case of pure speculation that someone just pulled out of thin air.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    @Netguysteve, I LOVE your siggie!

Thanks. :D
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    Is it strange that we are now less than 11 hours away from the US launch, and there hasn't been a single word uttered about the Premium Memberships in any official capacity? Does it even still exist or was it something they were planning that has been put on the back burner? There are players who have the final playable game in their hands already. Certainly if the subscription is still an option, there is information about what you are buying. Do they really want the first information that comes out publicly to be from an uncontrolled source? That just doesn't sound wise, and sounds nothing like EA at all.

I think it will be patched into the game in a few months, if not weeks. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

• Options
    tayloremxxtayloremxx Posts: 543 Member
    This is interesting, I don't remember anything about it haha! Shows how much I pay attention!
  • Options
    LaDawn35LaDawn35 Posts: 248 Member
    Something is coming, give it a week or so. There letting you get into the game see all there is and soon ppl will want more and BAM! there going pull it out on you lol
    eb27a170-96c2-4192-aa8f-f4a4cd1a000a.png Origin Id: QuanishaJenkins / Twitter: https://twitter.com/QuanishaJenkins

• Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a Sims4 store of some sort; it is inevitable IMHO

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius