Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How does the hashtag thing in the gallery works?

Hi guys,

I have seen in the live gameplay broadcasts the simgurus using the hashtag (#) for finding houses and sims. How does this thing work actually? Is it like #playername and you find the house/sim made by a particular person?

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I don't understand this either, if someone can explain in a simple way, I would appreciate it.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    No, people use hashtags of specific phrases in order to sort of categorise their creations. For example, if someone made a sim of say, Beyonce, they could use the hashtags #celebrity #singer #music etc so people can find it easier in the gallery.

There's a separate search for user's names I think.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    @keybOx - Thanks for explaining! I appreciate it. I would love to know about the user name search too. Say for example, you want to download houses of a particular builder. How do you go about it? I do not want to search the whole gallery to find one home!
  • Options
    MurglemurgleMurglemurgle Posts: 245 Member
    Hi Yanti,

I remember someone explained this in the forums, but by the nines, I cannot find the thread :s , anyway, let's say that you wanted to participate in the live broadcasts by creating your sim and sharing it in the gallery.. you would have to add the hashtag *#TS4LB* (without the stars) to the description of your sim. That way you could find any sim with the same tag.. although I noticed that they used *#thesims4lb* which I think wouldn't find sims with the other hashtag.

I'm sure someone will come and explain it better. <3 Cheers!
  • Options
    @yanti68 No problem. So to find gallery uploads by a specific person, you'll need to know their Origin ID. If you click the button directly to the left of the search box, there's an option to search by Origin ID. You just write their name in the search box there, and you should be able to find all of their gallery uploads.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited September 2014
    just put #then whatever your looking for. like #FinalFantasy is the tag i used for my final fantasy sims i made. Another is #Twilight for the twilight based house i made. if someone uploaded with that tag,they will show. try random things with it and see what you come up with. #celeb and others you can think of.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    @Murglemurgle - Thanks for taking the time to explain. Very nice of you! Yes I noticed the simgurus constantly typing that to download sims into their homes.
  • Options
    @keybOx - Ah okay! Hmmm...now I am wondering if their Origin name is the same as their user name in this forum? I guess I will find out soon when the game releases. Thanks again.

@LovenVincent - Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. There is so much of new stuff to get used to isn't it? LOL!
  • Options
    yanti68 wrote: »
    @LovenVincent - Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. There is so much of new stuff to get used to isn't it? LOL!

Anytime :) and yes there is lol

• Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    I did not understand this either. Still don't a little... So if I create a sim do I put the hashtag in the description?
  • Options
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    I did not understand this either. Still don't a little... So if I create a sim do I put the hashtag in the description?

Yeah, once you've saved your sim and you have the window up that lets you change the snapshot and such, you click on the description box and add whatever tags you want, just make sure you have # before the word/phrase you want to use, and that there are no spaces #likethis. Wish they allowed for bigger descriptions though, so you could give both backstory and add tags.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

You can add a hashtag yes. Yes in the description. #LoveyCouple or something. it does let people find things fast. then you can tell people the tag to help find it faster. Origin ID is good too though so if you give people your Origin ID,they can see just YOUR stuff and not anyone else who shares that tag. Many may/will,share that tag with you but its a fast way to search for what they want.

• Options
    SimLover23SimLover23 Posts: 362 Member
    Awesome! Thanks!!
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks!!

Anytime :) have fun!

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate all your ans. I guess if someone made a house or a sim, I am sure that they would post pictures on the forum, like new house or new sim. tell all about it like on the sims 3 forum, then they would tell you were you can find it or them, in the gallery.
    Nice to know this info thanks
  • Options
    JinsBaeLovesUJinsBaeLovesU Posts: 1 New Member
    If I type a hashtag into the search thing it only shows me the things I did like the sims I made. But I want to see what other people did :(
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If I type a hashtag into the search thing it only shows me the things I did like the sims I made. But I want to see what other people did :(

Next to the search box you can select to search by name, hashtag or EA Account ID -- make sure you have hashtag selected. Try some of the suggested hashtags to make sure it's still working -- they're still working out some of the bugs in the Gallery. Also make sure the hashtag is spelled correctly.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Sounds like your searching in your library, not on the gallery. Make sure you are on the gallery section, not just your library.
    p8L4V6v.png