Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you don't like The Sims 4, you can return it.

DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
The Sims 4 has Origin Great Game Guarantee, basically saying that if you don't like the game, you have 24 hours after you start playing it to get a full refund.
Here's the message :
"IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT, JUST RETURN IT
This game is eligible for the Origin Great Game Guarantee! That means if you don't absolutely love it, we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first."
So basically, all of you haters out there, stop hating. Get the game, try it out and if you still stand by your opinions refund it.
****CAREFUL I AM NOT SURE BUT THIS MAY BE ONLY FOR THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION.****
It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!

Comments

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2014
    Dasakala wrote: »
    ****CAREFUL I AM NOT SURE BUT THIS MAY BE ONLY FOR THE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION.****
    This applies to any game shown in origin that has the great game guarantee symbol. This applies to both the limited edition and the digital deluxe version of The Sims 4.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    RazorXv2 wrote: »
    This applies to any game shown in origin that has the great game guarantee symbol. This applies to both the limited edition and the digital deluxe version of The Sims 4.
    Talk about misinformation. What a bad opening post...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    RazorXv2 wrote: »
    Talk about misinformation. What a bad opening post...

I never said it applies only to the Digital Deluxe, I said I was unsure.
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nevermind
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    Why drop money on something to see if I will like it? I try to teach my kids not to shop that way as it's irresponsible shopping in my book. That is just my opinion though. I could careless what others do with their money.

Yeah, financial responsibility is something very close to my heart as well. But it's useful information for those who may want to return their game if it turns out they don't like it.

EA has been giving us a chance to try their games for free with game time anyway, so that would probably be a better way of trying out the game for free until you decide to buy it. When/if they ever put TS4 in their game time programme is another matter, however.
  • Options
    OphylleniOphylleni Posts: 60 Member
    I purchased the limited edition version of the game on Origin and I like knowing that I'll be able to return the game if I find I don't like it. I've seen things in the demos and Let's Play videos that I really like, but there are other things I'm still not too sure about. My expectations are higher than normal because of the higher price tag on this version.

In fact, after watching the demos I went back to Origin to confirm that I could return the game if not satisfied. I began thinking I'd wasted my money. And then last night, I got excited again after watching another video. So, we'll see what happens on Tuesday. I don't have to work, so I'll have plenty of time to play with it and make a decision.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    I am going to guess customer service is going to be overloaded, hence loads who want to return it will be unable to :P
    I'd say if you are unsure, don't get it at all until you are satisfied with the reviews.
    Or get it on another day.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    LukasFreemanLukasFreeman Posts: 185 Member
    I'll be playing it despite the missing feature list
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Also time playing with the CAS demo counts as game time from what I was told. It cuts into your 24 hours.

That can't be right, that's just terrible if it is.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    Also time playing with the CAS demo counts as game time from what I was told. It cuts into your 24 hours.

"36 hours played""
    Oh dear...
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    Because Origin is always so trustworthy to begin with... :/
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member

A Guru has already confirmed that time spent in the demo will NOT count toward the 24-hour return policy.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

A Guru has already confirmed that time spent in the demo will NOT count toward the 24-hour return policy.

Well thank goodness, that would have been awkward ;)
  • Options
    Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

Good. That was bothering the heck out of me.
    Banners.jpg
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    It would be a little bit ridiculous for your Great Game Guarantee automatically to automatically expire if you have played the CAS Demo for more than 24 hours.

And yes you have 24 hours from the time you first started the real Sims 4 ... or til September 9th (7 days later) if you haven't played it.
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I just think that this is just perfect. I am sure about the game, thus I got the physical edition, but for anyone who has doubts this is a great way of EA proving they are NOT all about money. People are too judgemental too quickly. Try the game, make an opinion out of it and decide whether or not you will keep it :D
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2014
    The great game guarantee is nice in theory. But it's already known to have it's fair share of problems, including the infamous "404 - Page Not Found" error upon clicking on the "Request Refund" link. And that is without what could potentially be a ubiquitous crash following 24 hours after the launch. Also, keep in mind: "Refunds may not be supported where Electronic Arts detects fraud or abuse of the refund process." and "Electronic Arts reserves the right to revise the Great Game Guarantee Policy at any time in its sole discretion. Any revisions to the Policy will be effective immediately for all subsequent purchases."

Also, it doesn't work magically by any means. You HAVE to submit a "Refund Request Form" and wait up to 48 hours, and then if they approve of it.. you'll get your money back in 7-10 days.

So technically, they could royally 🐸🐸🐸🐸 over and you'd have little say against it. Dealing with Origin's customer support has been an absolute nightmare for me in the past, I wouldn't rely on this.. and I advise you all to be wary. Anyways, I digress; if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Edited for source: https://origin.com/en-ca/great-game-guarantee-terms
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @CallaCantDisco, except if you live in the US where you definitely don't need to worry about it, as long as you've paid with a credit card. If EA gives you hassle when you request a refund, you just have to call your CC company and THEY will give you the refund. Then it is between them and EA to duke it out. That is assuming you are NOT trying to commit fraud and just asking for the refund, in good faith, under the 24-hour policy.

I can't speak for other countries, but here in the USA the consumers are protected by law from shady practices like what you describe.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods