Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

are we going to have a sims 4 store?

So I was wondering will we have a Sims 4 store like we have with the Sims 3? I ask because I have money in my ea wallet and I know we can't use sim points from the sims 3 store for sims 4 but we should be able to use from our wallet?

thank you

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I have heard that there will be NO Sim Points, it will be real money purchases only. And I have heard there will be no "store" but instead the additional content will be sold straight through Origin (and maybe straight through an in game interface).

I have also heard that the moon-landing was faked, though, so I cannot speak for the veracity of what I have heard. It's all second-hand information. I didn't follow the official twitter feeds and stuff on this game until we were getting close to release.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    If it's $$$, then EA will be on it like a bad rash.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    well @stormkeep i heard from a friend who heard from a manager at game stop that there may not be a store like sims 3 :) dont know why game stop is clued in, who knew

@lauriej0823 not a real clue. im hoping for a proper store because i rather be outside the game when shopping but who knows!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ceejay402 wrote: »
    well @stormkeep i heard from a friend who heard from a manager at game stop that there may not be a store like sims 3 :) dont know why game stop is clued in, who knew

@lauriej0823 not a real clue. im hoping for a proper store because i rather be outside the game when shopping but who knows!

Me too, if TS4's version of the "store" is in game only I find it inconvenient. I always turned that aspect off in TS3 because I don't want to see stuff in game that I don't already own.

Not so much because the temptation to buy is created (as it was I still pretty much bought every single thing available in the TS3 store other than the clothes and hairs that looked ridiculous to me), but because when I want to go shopping, I want to go shopping, and when I want to play the game, I want to play the game...not really a fan of combining the two.
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    It'd be interesting if it did use the Origin wallet, I guess it'd give people more incentive to buy physical gift cards from places like GameStop and such if that's the case.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    I purchase the game cards and use them because I have had my cc card stolen when using it online. someone even hacked my Walmart.com account and purchased several ps3 on my account and had them shipped to California. I was able to stop this but since then I use gift cards/cash cards to purchase items online .
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sorry didn't realize It was your signature.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I don't think this a actually ea sims 4 site. If they were why would they be asking for donations to run the site?

What are you talking about.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I thought they said the Gallery would take place of it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    I don't think this a actually ea sims 4 site. If they were why would they be asking for donations to run the site?

I think the link in your signature. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

then why she was commenting my sig.
  • Options
    yes I thought that was what you were directing towards didn't realize it was your signature. and I hope the store is not through origin. I hate having to use it now to play demo.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Stormkeep wrote: »

then why she was commenting my sig.

I think she didn't realize it was your sig and thought that you were providing it as a link regarding the question of this thread.

Mind you...I'm totally speculating, but that's what it looks like to me.

edit to add: She responded and I was right, yay me!
    P.S. @lauriej0823, I agree, I hope it is not through Origin too...but you're out of luck, you DO have to use Origin to play the game, regardless of whether that is where store content is. It is how the game is set up. (What you wont' need is your disc in to play).
  • Options
    yes I thought that was what you were directing towards didn't realize it was your signature. and I hope the store is not through origin. I hate having to use it now to play demo.

That still doesn't Excuse you for assuming my Sig was a link.
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    If they do have a Sims 4 Store, it more than likely will be in game, since that's also where we pull in rooms, houses, sims, and stuff. Would I use it? Well if they released content like the faire folks set in sims 4... absolutely!
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    MyBootsMyBoots Posts: 15 New Member
    There will be some kind of 'store.' Knowing EA.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2014
    actually there is a new store... http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-lifetime-rewards-list/

well so far...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    actually there is a new store... http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-lifetime-rewards-list/

well so far...

Those are neat! And considering I'm not a morning person in real life, I will definitely be getting that night owl reward for my sim as well!
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    If it's $$$, then EA will be on it like a bad rash.

Agreed.

However, I am HOPING that if there are premium items as in TS3 store, they will not be attached to an entire friggin world or venue.

OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    There might not be single item purchases. Only monthly or yearly premium subscriptions
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Don't you think it will work similarly to Sim city 5?? wen you can buy small bundles for $5 and have it added to your game the next time you start it??
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    There are too many new regulations around the world now about digital currency for there to be a Sims 4 store like there was a Sims 3 store.

I'm sad about it all going through origin, because as of right now, there is no way to gift as far as I know, so I can't gift my friend DLC like I did in Sims 3!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    I don't get why we can't transfer simpoints from the TS3 Store to any future TS4 one. Looks like an especially petty way of forcing people to spend more to me. But EA, right..?
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    I don't get why we can't transfer simpoints from the TS3 Store to any future TS4 one. Looks like an especially petty way of forcing people to spend more to me. But EA, right..?

They cannot use digital currency if there is a new store, so there is nothing to convert it to.

A lot of the world has crazy regulations on digital currency, so it's not as easy as you seem to think it is to convert it.
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”