The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    JennaIsGhostJennaIsGhost Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited October 2014
    awellenbl wrote: »
    Deleting those is pretty delicious. ;) Deleting the online versions is rather annoying. And apparently now useless to make ads show up. I hope that is just temporary. It feels so taunting to watch the ad button dissappear as soon as I log in. :\

I'm still getting a lot of ads over here. I've gotten 100 points so far, so I shouldn't be complaining.
    I am still get broken ads though. :/
    a.k.a. Jenna, in case the username didn't give it away. ;P
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    "Color Simmons, cooooolloor!"
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
    Gif from Rub Some Bacon on It
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    I shouldn't really be complaining either, as I have gotten lots of ads in total and there are people who don't have any showing up. I still hope the sponsor pay app hasn't decided, that I have had enough ads for good.
  • Options
    AaronsimsAaronsims Posts: 720 Member
    Ugh. If it's been close to two hours is it safe to assume nobody is going to answer my EA help chat session?
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    @ Spreadsheet team - I can clock in anytime
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    Aaronsims wrote: »
    Ugh. If it's been close to two hours is it safe to assume nobody is going to answer my EA help chat session?

That stinks! I waited 30 minutes yesterday and that was about all I could handle.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    edited October 2014

The one time I used chat the expected wait was an hour, and I got someone after about an hour and 45 minutes;-)

:no_mouth:
  • Options

You could always request them to call you. I know online is easier but the phone can also be faster.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, I gave up. I'll try another day. :p I'm supposed to be cleaning my apartment so I was kind of using it as an excuse to just sit and avoid working.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited October 2014

You could always request them to call you. I know online is easier but the phone can also be faster.
    I don't know if receiving a call is faster, but the phone reps are certainly more capable of solving problems. I think the live chat reps are outsourced from India, and aren't given much power to actually solve problems. They're also hampered by a language barrier; while they know English, they don't understand any colloquialisms, and our speech and writing is peppered with them. You also have to make sure you type in proper English; don't use "u" for "you" or anything similar, because they just won't understand it. (Not all of them can actually speak the language, so they don't necessarily know how "you" is pronounced.)

Plus I doubt that they're given any authority to make decisions or changes to a person's account. If you need points restored, they may not have the power to do so. The phone reps, however, do. They also give outstanding service. I've never had a problem once I contacted a phone rep.

You might have to wait until tomorrow to contact a phone rep, however; I think they are there M-F, and EA is on Pacific time. I don't know their opening and closing hours, but you can figure that if it's 9am on the East coast, that it's 6am here, and there's a pretty good chance they aren't there yet. ;)

ETA a word I was missing.
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    The second chat representive I chatted to was able to make my bonus items show up as owned. And I think he did that by repurchasing them, as they now show up twice in my purchase history, once as free and once with the regular price. The number of points in my account didn't change, so they must have some kind of power to do something with the point balance.
  • Options
    When I requested them to call me, they called almost right after I sent the request. I didn't expect it to be that quick. Also, I think if you contact a phone rep, like many other companies, they're scattered all over the world because I'm pretty sure the guy I talked to when my computer was messing up I'm pretty sure was Indian as well but he spoke English better than most people do. haha! I do agree that the phone reps give outstanding service, and they will stay on the phone with you until they fix the problem.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    @missy2311 - Hi Catherine. I'll do this last one, then clock out. Thanks!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    158 ) Technophobe No More / 833 / 1530 / 46% / 2 hrs (less than 92)

Next up -

159 ) India Inspiration- Scarf and Maang Tikka / 2 hrs
    160 ) Chun Co. Teppanyaki Grill (repeat of 149?)
  • Options
    Dru-AndersonDru-Anderson Posts: 106 Member
    YW for the gifts. :) I've been sitting here bored while waiting for an ea help chat to be answered and decided to entertain my self by doing a little gifting.

OM! My "Oops" button worked again! I found a lovely gift from you, @Aaronsims! Thank you so much!!! :)
    I know I cannot be tagged/linked to in the forums. It is because I'm dashing, as in the "dash" in my profile name. If you're looking for my Sims3 page, it can be found here: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Dru-Anderson
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    @trithone, glad you got Aurora Skies, I know you really would love it, and your very welcome. Now you take it easy! <3o:)
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll definitely try calling next time! :)
  • Options
    When I requested them to call me, they called almost right after I sent the request. I didn't expect it to be that quick. Also, I think if you contact a phone rep, like many other companies, they're scattered all over the world because I'm pretty sure the guy I talked to when my computer was messing up I'm pretty sure was Indian as well but he spoke English better than most people do. haha! I do agree that the phone reps give outstanding service, and they will stay on the phone with you until they fix the problem.
    I had to call last week about something, and the rep I spoke to was VERY glad to speak to a Sims player. Or at least not someone who plays FIFA. Apparently FIFA had just released in the U.K. that morning, and they were swamped with a lot of FIFA calls. She didn't play FIFA but she plays Sims, so she had more fun talking to me than to someone else. :)

I think many of the live chat reps use scripts. When Cogitotoro called with a problem once, and she was VERY CLEAR that her problem was NOT something in particular, he immediately asked if the something that she just said wasn't her problem, was her problem. When she told him she had already done X, Y, and Z, he asked her to go and do X, Y, and Z. You get a lot of that with live chat; it can be hit or miss finding one who actually wants to think, and doesn't just want to follow a preconceived script.

You know how Cogitotoro likes to goof around. She posted a transcript of part of the chat in the then-current DD thread, and it was hilarious how the rep was blatantly ignoring everything she said.
  • Options
    I had to call last week about something, and the rep I spoke to was VERY glad to speak to a Sims player. Or at least not someone who plays FIFA. Apparently FIFA had just released in the U.K. that morning, and they were swamped with a lot of FIFA calls. She didn't play FIFA but she plays Sims, so she had more fun talking to me than to someone else. :)

I think many of the live chat reps use scripts. When Cogitotoro called with a problem once, and she was VERY CLEAR that her problem was NOT something in particular, he immediately asked if the something that she just said wasn't her problem, was her problem. When she told him she had already done X, Y, and Z, he asked her to go and do X, Y, and Z. You get a lot of that with live chat; it can be hit or miss finding one who actually wants to think, and doesn't just want to follow a preconceived script.

You know how Cogitotoro likes to goof around. She posted a transcript of part of the chat in the then-current DD thread, and it was hilarious how the rep was blatantly ignoring everything she said.

The guy that tried to help asked me how long I was playing sims while he had me we were waiting for my computer to restart. Surprised me how much they didn't want me to be bored haha.

I actually haven't had that problem before, but I could see how someone would. I'm pretty sure as well that they just follow a script until something all of that doesn't work and then they're forced to do something about it. Sadly a lot of customer survives are like that. Especially online. It's like taking the easy way or something.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    You know what annoys me, not being able to change the career outfits. Meehh.
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    You can change the career outfits if you have Nraas Master Controller. (pokes Jenna into using Nraas mods) You might need the Cheats add-on, I'm not sure, since I have all of them. I do it all the time for my historical worlds. I hate it when a medieval Sim puts on an outfit that can only exist in the 20th century or later.
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    I've been so behind on this thread - if I don't read for a couple of days, I have 30 pages to catch up on. :s I finally gave up (tonight) around page 85. I have been getting some dud ads tonight, but a couple of them paid out even though nothing happened. I can't complain about that. :D
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    You can change the career outfits if you have Nraas Master Controller. (pokes Jenna into using Nraas mods) You might need the Cheats add-on, I'm not sure, since I have all of them. I do it all the time for my historical worlds. I hate it when a medieval Sim puts on an outfit that can only exist in the 20th century or later.

Hmmm...I'll have to look into this. :D
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    bcsmasbcsmas Posts: 272 Member
    Catching up on what I have missed, I've seen a few others on the board are not feeling well. To those of you, I hope you feel better soon!

Missed a couple of deals today that I don't have. But looking at the prices of them, would have to have waited to get them anyway. haha

Glad you were feeling better @trithone. Hope everything goes well tomorrow for you! Yay for your husband letting you get Aurora Skies!

These broken ads are so annoying. It seems like I keep getting more and more of them! Also, about the ads... I remember seeing people saying they aren't getting points from the MTV ads.. I just had some of those ads and I got the points from them but some took a few minutes to show.
  • Options
    Untitled.png
    Please tell me why sims wants my sim to cuddle with a dead person? LOL!
    MyPage
    I own the whole store!!
    ezgifcom-resize.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My ads worked after all, even if I had to clear the browser history after every batch. :) And I started using Chrome for that, which I don't use for anything else, so deleting cookies doesn't log me out of everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top