Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skirt Gone Wrong

dltn43dltn43 Posts: 80 Member
wudbdnl47z7dlf84g.jpg

Just created a recolor of a skirt (tie dye) to go with the tank top (tie dye) that was created 2 days ago. Well I don't know what went wrong but, when I put the skirt on this sim this is what happens. The skirt ended up being tan with the top being tie dyed and the bra on top of the top. I didn't even put the top on her, that happen automatically when I chose the recolored skirt.

Anyone know what just happened and/or why?

BTW, Origin was updated along with the Sims 4 Demo before the demo was loaded.
[img][/img]8bh13c873lt4tk24g.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mq0r328t4p8ueqk4g.jpg

This is the tank top that was created 2 days ago. It works correctly as opposed to the skirt.
  • Options
    MaclimesMaclimes Posts: 513 Member
    If you upload the files somewhere, I (and anyone else) can take a look at it when I get the chance.
  • Options
    Ok thank you. Will do that in a few.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Opps posted the wrong link.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here's what's going on: That file has the texture and alpha of the top, but the mesh and ID of the skirt.

So, first it loads the SHAPE based on the mesh. In this case, the shape is that of a skirt.

Then it loads the TEXTURE, but only the areas allowed by the ALPHA. That alpha you have just says, basically, "Draw a tie-dye shirt".

Since it doesn't have a mesh there, it draws it straight on her skin (and therefore under her bra).

EDIT: In case that didn't make a lot of sense, I drew a picture:

4dVk0Kb.jpg

EDIT 2: AND it looks like you removed the file. Let me know if you need further help. I'll leave the stuff I already said in case it helps you or anyone else.
  • Options
    Okay, yup. My original post still stands. That's exactly what happened. It looks like you copied the DDS/DXT file from the top, and tried to just stick it on a skirt. I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way.
  • Options
    Maclimes wrote: »
    Here's what's going on: That file has the texture and alpha of the top, but the mesh and ID of the skirt.

So, first it loads the SHAPE based on the mesh. In this case, the shape is that of a skirt.

Then it loads the TEXTURE, but only the areas allowed by the ALPHA. That alpha you have just says, basically, "Draw a tie-dye shirt".

Since it doesn't have a mesh there, it draws it straight on her skin (and therefore under her bra).

EDIT: In case that didn't make a lot of sense, I drew a picture:

4dVk0Kb.jpg

EDIT 2: AND it looks like you removed the file. Let me know if you need further help. I'll leave the stuff I already said in case it helps you or anyone else.

@MacLimes Thank you for the explanation. That sort of makes sense. How does something like this happen. That's part of what I don't understand. The only thing that I used that was the same as the top was the pattern when I started to do the skirt.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Did you actually edit it in photoshop? If so, it's possible that when you hit "Import DDS" in S4PE, you accidentally imported the top's DDS file instead of your modified skirt's DDS.

I should add that the DDS file contains the alpha AND the texture in one file. That's why I think this is what happened.
  • Options
    Okay, yup. My original post still stands. That's exactly what happened. It looks like you copied the DDS/DXT file from the top, and tried to just stick it on a skirt. I'm afraid it doesn't quite work that way.

LOL!!!! Now that's funny. I don't know how I did that when I thought that I had just started from the beginning. Thanks so much for your help.
    Think I'll try again. :D
  • Options
    Did you actually edit it in photoshop? If so, it's possible that when you hit "Import DDS" in S4PE, you accidentally imported the top's DDS file instead of your modified skirt's DDS.

I should add that the DDS file contains the alpha AND the texture in one file. That's why I think this is what happened.

Oh you know I have a feeling that's what happened. :):o
  • Options
    Sure! If you need any further help, don't hesitate to tag me when asking. :)
  • Options
    Oppps again. I'm using gimp.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, still the same basic concept. I tossed together a matching DDS file, if you'd like to compare. I know mine works, because I just tested it.

Forgot to link it. Here it is: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49334851471653880952
  • Options
    Ok will do. :)