Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free Object Placement

Now WHY have they not told us about this before? This kind of thing is what excites us! Sims team, don't be all doom and gloom with what's missing, tell us more of what you have included!
tFU6JMe.png

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Now WHY have they not told us about this before? This kind of thing is what excites us! Sims team, don't be all doom and gloom with what's missing, tell us more of what you have included!
    Umm we knew about this... we also knew about the floating rooms and landscaping on the roof.

Not sure why people are surprised...

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    FREE? I like free things.
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Is that like the replacement for moveobjects on/off?
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    mulboro wrote: »
    It is supposed to be in addition to. They were working on getting move objects back in the game, but as of a few weeks ago it still wasn't ready.

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    bflury wrote: »
    Umm we knew about this... we also knew about the floating rooms and landscaping on the roof.

I've not heard anything about free placement until this broadcast and I've been following everything that's come out so far. I've not seen it mentioned anywhere let alone discussed, which is something I imagine would have been happening seeing as it's quite a big feature. Where was it announced prior to today? It's possible I missed it if it came from one of the non English speaking CC teams.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited August 2014

No, they confirmed moveobjects on isn't going to be in the game at launch but they were trying to get it back in. If you hold Alt you can place things off the grid. This isn't a new thing, it was in TS3 too.

34336_s.gif
  • Options
    bflury wrote: »

I've not heard anything about free placement until this broadcast and I've been following everything that's come out so far. I've not seen it mentioned anywhere let alone discussed, which is something I imagine would have been happening seeing as it's quite a big feature. Where was it announced prior to today? It's possible I missed it if it came from one of the non English speaking CC teams.
    The feature was mentioned from the campers in one of their blogs. I am not sure which one, but I know it wasn't new information today.

The landscaping was pointed out in a picture where one of the houses had landscaping on the roof.

And I know the floating floors were discussed, but I can't recall where.

• Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    the sims team has been anything but doom and gloom about things that are missing! the sims team to,d us what isnt in the game and are not moving on to things that are, its the community stuck on whats not. glad youre excited now tho
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member

No, they confirmed moveobjects on isn't going to be in the game at launch but they were trying to get it back in. If you hold Alt you can place things off the grid. This isn't a new thing, it was in TS3 too.
    Neat. I learned something today
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member

Neat. I learned something today

Cool. :) I was a little surprised by how many people don't seem to know about that, it's very helpful.

34336_s.gif
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member

I never heard about most of it either till today but then again,im not as *seeking* when it comes to all things the sims 4. move objects has been turned into a few aspects in the sims 4. like the free placement thing. but also you can move objects that sims are using and they will reset,not dealing with the *object is being used* junk. you can put anything pretty much anywhere now and it doesnt matter if its being used or not. completely free from all restrictions. awesome i think :)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx