Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could somebody help me please?

Hello! I'd like to know if the "Gigabyte GT 640 GDDR5 1GB" Graphics Card will be sufficient enough to run The Sims 3 with Medium - High graphics. I will not mind playing with medium as long as Advanced Rendering is on, that's what matters most to me. From what I google the DDR3 GT 640 was able to run TS3 Maxed Out. I know for a fact that GDDR5 is better than DDR3 but that's basically all I know. So will it be able to run TS3 + the expansion packs on Medium - High? Thank you for your time :D . (The actual name is "
Gigabyte GeForce GT 640 1GB GDDR5 GV-N640D5-1GL" I cannot post a link yet.)
It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!

Comments

• Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    According to this table http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements The GT 640 is maybe for University and Island Paradise, but there is a red No for Into the Future. I probably think you can play on medium until you install ITF. What are the rest of your specs?
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
    2GB of RAM and AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 5200B 2.7GHZ. And it's okay I never liked ITF that much :D! The ones that matter to me the most are Seasons, IP, SP, and Pets. University if possible as well. The others I can survive without.
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    What's your budget? You may be able to get something better.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    > @SungFishy said:
    > What's your budget? You may be able to get something better.
    I was going for a Radeon 7770 that I know for sure can max out TS3 - easily. But I would have to change my PSU which I am terrified of doing and I won't. I decided to go for this one because it requires a 300W PSU which is mine. If you have anything to suggest within 300W that is better I am open to suggestions.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Geforce GTX 750 Ti can play the game on mid-High. http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications And the minimum power supply required is 300W. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487028&cm_re=gtx_750_ti_ftw-_-14-487-028-_-Product This one is overclocked FTW(For the win)
    I still think you may need to upgrade your power supply,but since you are scared, I will avoid suggesting new power supplies
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    I'll get in trouble for using over 80$. I already got in trouble for buying that card. I'm not really picky. I can put up with medium graphics as long as things don't take over 40 hours to load. I remember in Island Paradise, my favourite EP things on my laptop (Which can run the Game on Max but everything else is completely copper) took like 30 seconds to load. It was unbearable. As long as that's not an issue I will survive through mid graphics. I will give ITF a try, but I am not really excited about it, I found it extremely empty. Thanks for all your help, I'll just post another thread on Tom's Hardware just in case somebody that holds the GPU knows better.
  • Options
    Alright, you're welcome :) . Get the GT 640 then, it seems like your budget is extremely tight.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    > @SungFishy said:
    > Alright, you're welcome . Get the GT 640 then, it seems like your budget is extremely tight.
    Just tryin' to make do with what'a got.