Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the...??

The ignore list is limited to FIVE entries? Heck, it needs to be 10x that number just to accommodate the deliberate trolls!!

Seriously, someone needs to take a good hard look at raising that limit.
"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    We have an ignore list?
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I personally just don't care enough to ever bother to ignore anyone, so 5 would be way more than enough for me, but I wonder why it's only 5... If someone wants to ignore a whole truck load of people why would whoever is in charge of setting this stuff up care? You really should be able to ignore as many people as you want.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Yup
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Yeah. Click on a person's name to get to their profile. There you will find a handy "Ignore" button which will cause all of their posts (except the root post of threads they start) to magically vanish. It's... "less than perfect" though. It does sorta mess up the formatting of remaining posts, at least using Chrome.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    I don't want to ignore anyone (except the disgusting picture spammers) because then I might miss some really good flame wars. I can't have that.
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    The limit should be 20 or something
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    We have an ignore list?

you can go to a persons page and in the right hand corner is a ignore button. :p

• Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    I find it odd it's so low. It should be unlimited.
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    It's not all that effective though. :(
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    Just dismiss the petty trolls and use ignore function for bigger headaches. That's what I do.
    5a46jk.jpg
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Now that I know about that button, I have a few trolls in mind that I can use that on. :)
  • Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member
    Not that I intend to ever use this feature, but I'm just curious: can one edit the list to remove someone and replace them with someone else later? It would suck if you really like ignoring people, so you do it often...then all those people you originally ignored stopped going on the forums, and there's this whole new slew of people that should be ignored coming in, but you're already maxed out...
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    You will just have to bump someone else off the list in order to ignore me, Netguysteve. >:) We all have burdens to shoulder.
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Yes, you can
    Not that I intend to ever use this feature, but I'm just curious: can one edit the list to remove someone and replace them with someone else later?

Yep. You can go back to the person's profile to unignore them. You can also manually edit your ignore list.

• Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    the forum need better mods, not a block list
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    You don't have to bump anybody off your ignore list.

158y7k.png

You can't use the list to add more than five people, but you can still go to people's profiles and ignore them if you already have five people. The ignore list will show more than five people and you can remove people from the list if you have more than five. I'm using Firefox in case this only works in certain browsers.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I had just rather skip over them and go on to the next post.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I read the troll posts for the entertainment value. Though, there should be a lot more than 5 for those who do wish to use it.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Yes, unsatisfactory low. You can block an unlimited number of other users on Twitter, by way of comparison.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900