Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warning concerning CC and Mods in Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lozzaloulozzalou Posts: 189 Member
    If you've never used CC before, I'll offer another suggestion:

Organize, organize, organize. Rename the files so that you know exactly what they are. Put different types of CC into folders. Have a furniture folder, and in the furniture folder you need folders for beds, chairs, tables, etc. Same for clothes, CAS items, Sims.

This will help immensely if you end up having something in your game that is causing issues, and also if you put something in that you don't like and want to get rid of.

OMG after all my time of playing the sims i have NEVER thought of that!! Urgh all that time i've wasted trying to find particular content when i could of organised it in different folders. LOL i fail.
    www.thehopkinslegacy.wordpress.com

ORIGIN ID: Lozza-xx

forumsig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Ltt0142Ltt0142 Posts: 85 Member
    I've downloaded a lot of cc with both Sims 2 and 3 but I'm unsure if I will this time around. We'll see.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »

I do not use CC or Mods. but I know that some people do.
    i agree with @Allspice1232 that is a standard disclaimer. and i truly think the best help and advice comes from those that use cc and mod, i get those that dont use are surprised that many would install something with such a disclaimer but it really isnt hard to make back up copies and read instructions. see problem solved. also again its a disclaimer like the ones EA give out :) game data files can be corrupted.

@Stormkeep i know right soo many CC already out there. and the mod section here is cooking! fingers crossed i wont need to wait too long for some good mods. the only thing im not happy to see return are the recolors. ive already prepared myself to make my own recolors

Came from SimsVip has lots of advice on it.
    http://simsvip.com/
  • Options
    abohemiianllamaabohemiianllama Posts: 21 Member
    Script mod damaged my game

Info: I have a MacBook and I own the city living pack. This was my first time using a script mod. If there is any other info you need please ask.

Yesterday, I downloaded the UI script mod off a reliable website (mod the sims). I put it in the mods folder and when I opened my game it didn’t seem to recognise that I had downloaded it. I messed around with the file a bit (took it out of a folder for organising, and I also ticked the box next to script mods). My game was fine at this stage. Then I double clicked one of the zip files and it turned into a box with green writing that spelt out exec in it (shown below). I was so desperate to get the mod to work that I thought what I had done might finally work but it damaged my game. And badly.

this is what the file looked like

This is a screenshot of my screen. The bottom controls bit is gone and when I click to interact with anything (including the menu at the top right) it doesn’t respond. The only thing that I can do is change the view. I also can’t exit the game via the menu because the menu is frozen, so I have to restart my computer every time I open sims. The main menu to sims (like the loading screen) is fine and so is the map, but as soon as I go into live mode the game is damaged.

I have tried a lot of different methods. I have restarted my laptop (Mac) about 5 times, and sill no difference. Through origin, I repaired the game but it didn’t change anything. I have also deleted all of my cc files and the script mod that ruined the game. I have unticked the box next to script mods in game options in the menu in Sims 4. My last three options are these: uninstall and reinstall the game (which I am happy to do), see a tech guy that gets rid of viruses, and write this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I only downloaded sims a few months ago and I don’t want the experience to end so quickly. Thank you.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @abohemiianllama Sounds like the mod you chose is not compatible with the current version of the game - it's an outdated mod. Pull out the *whole* mods folder and restart the game. Your game should now be fine.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @luthienrising thank you for the advise... im no tech pro at all but isnt there an important file in there or something? the Resource.cfg one? thank you again for all your help :)
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @abohemiianllama the game will automatically generate a new Resource.cfg file.
  • Options
    OH MY GOSH GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT YOU AHHHH @luthienrising @Bananas_45