Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiplayer

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Very true, I agree 100%... that's my first "disagree" rating and I didn't know we could see who disagreed with us. Hmmm, that's probably not going to go well for some people/members. :|
  • Options
    tthessims3tthessims3 Posts: 76 Member
    I think they should be doing polls on what the sims players want!!
    Cause honestly i wouldn't mind multiplayer it would be cool but only if you could turn it on or off :)
    [img][/img]89acae44-52a8-4ad6-b22c-4e385de70f9e_zps85d71323.jpg

• Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    I would like multiplayer like minecraft were we could set up are own server for my kids and grand kids to hop on and play together
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    EA can't seem to get multiplayer right with the Sims series. Every time they try they either screw it up or nobody wants to play the game.
    Sims online - Gone
    Sims Social - Gone
    Project Olympus - Cancelled
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    It's extremely selfish of someone to go "Well it's MY game, and I want to play by MYSELF". I get that, I get that a lot but why should others not enjoy it together because YOU don't want it? Do you know how that attitude works at a playground? You won't be liked by the other kids. We all like to play games differently. "Hey, wanna play hopscotch?", "Yeah, only if we play by MY rules!!!!" :\
  • Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    I wouldn't necessarily mind an optional multiplayer system for the game. It could perhaps be set up in a similar fashion to the way travel between worlds is, with you being able to go off and visit other players worlds and interact with them (with permissions set by the player who owns the world). Sort of an expansion on the showtime feature that allowed you to choose to send a Sim to visit a friend's town, but with the added benefit of being able to go with them. I would hope that in such a case the player who owns the town would be able to control who can visit and what they can do while visiting.

However, I am glad that it is not a focus for the base game of the Sims 4 as it would likely pull resources away from other aspects of the game development. A future expansion possibly including something like this would be fine though.
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2014
    Valandis wrote: »
    It's extremely selfish of someone to go "Well it's MY game, and I want to play by MYSELF". I get that, I get that a lot but why should others not enjoy it together because YOU don't want it? Do you know how that attitude works at a playground? You won't be liked by the other kids. We all like to play games differently. "Hey, wanna play hopscotch?", "Yeah, only if we play by MY rules!!!!" :\

You could turn that around too. Could it not be seen as selfish for some players to demand that the Sims franchise change from a single-player game to a multiplayer game?
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just play secondlife. I play as a 4 year old on there but you can role play any age you want!

And you can buy this life hud that gives your avatar hunger and bathing needs ect... just like the sims! Theres a also a plumbob that you can buy to add to your avatar! I have seen it before.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    After what happened on simcity, I don't think Maxis or EA are up to the task.

And personally, I'm glad. There are other online options out there.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    edited August 2014

You could turn that around too. Could it not be seen as selfish for some players to demand that the Sims franchise change from a single-player game to a multiplayer game?

I thought about that as well, but the ones who wants multiplayer added usually wants there to be a compromise and keep the singleplayer part of it as well.
  • Options
    BlazerineBlazerine Posts: 2,544 Member
    Online would be fun if it was set up like the sims Social. Which in a sense it actually is. The map probably would have allowed a person to create a sim for each district. In other words it would of have been more like a co-op with friends. Oppose to being entirely online.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member

I thought about that as well, but the ones who wants multiplayer added usually wants there to be a compriomise and keep the singleplayer part of it as well.

You have a point there. Still don't want it, but you have a point.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    PassionfruittartePassionfruittarte Posts: 131 Member
    Online isn't just about socializing. Sometimes you want your friends and family to play with you and create beautiful houses and roleplay. Or show off your houses and tour them to your masterpieces room by room.
  • Options
    Online isn't just about socializing. Sometimes you want your friends and family to play with you and create beautiful houses and roleplay. Or show off your houses and tour them to your masterpieces room by room.
    Yes, it's about experiencing the game together, the ups and downs, all of it.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    Is there going to be any kind of multiplayer in The Sims 4 game?<br />
    Thanks!

No, and personally I'm glad its going to be a single player off line game. I would hate to have to constantly be online in order to play the Sims 4. I really think single player is better for a sims game.

I also really hope that EA doesn't try to make the Sims 5 online either.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    edited August 2014
    I only want to ply Sims as a single player game. But i have no problem with it being optional to play either single player or multi player, provided it's COMPLETELY optional, and that there is absolutely NO unlockable content you get for being multiplayer. Features like chat, sharing, I'm fine with that being available to multiplayer only I'm just talking about content - objects, clothing - I think rewarding people for choosing to go the multiplayer route by offering a set not available to single players is promoting one style of game play over another.

I guess it should go without saying but i'll say it anyways. I don't want to there to be unlockable content for single players either, that multiplayers cannot get. It wouldn't be fair either.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I only want to ply Sims as a single player game. But i have no problem with it being optional to play either single player or multi player, provided it's COMPLETELY optional, and that there is absolutely NO unlockable content you get for being multiplayer. Features like chat, sharing, I'm fine with that being available to multiplayer only I'm just talking about content - objects, clothing - I think rewarding people for choosing to go the multiplayer route by offering a set not available to single players is promoting one style of game play over another.

I guess it should go without saying but i'll say it anyways. I don't want to there to be unlockable content for single players either, that multiplayers cannot get. It wouldn't be fair either.

I agree with this. If it's optional, and doesn't come with free objects or interactions or clothes, I'd be fine with it.
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I would like to play online but only in closed sessions with a few friends. If this where a option that would be nice! If other wise? Where I had to play online all the time with public players coming and going... no online desired.
  • Options
    ExyllExyll Posts: 29 New Member
    a co op feature where maybe there's one house in the neighborhood designated for online players/friends to pop into your town when you allow it would be cool, but not a 24/7 thing
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    I would like to play online but only in closed sessions with a few friends. If this where a option that would be nice! If other wise? Where I had to play online all the time with public players coming and going... no online desired.

Yeah that's a third option actually. Like a closed multiplayer option for lack of a better short terminology. Where it's not online to where anyone can chat/visit/share with you but that you have a list of players that you opt to share/chat/play with. The list has to be updated per player for you to see anything the other player has at all. That way, its exactly like you say, you can choose to only play with a handful of your friends and absolutely no one else, if you want.

It's a really good thought.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    > @Coffefreak4Life said:
    > No and thank GOD!!!!

This, so much this. Some games just aren't meant to be multiplayer and the sims is one of them.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    xHareHarexxHareHarex Posts: 536 Member
    Imagine, how would you deal with the trolls ? :trollface:
    BvVCNKLIEAEit3I.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There are a lot of young people who would be shut out from the Sims if it became a multiplayer game, just because there are a lot of weirdos out there who'd try to game the system and use it to gain the trust of those young players for bad purposes. That's why we can't have nice things. :| (Also, I really don't want to have to deal with the trolls and griefers in game -- bad enough here on the forums.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,682 Member
    edited August 2014
    :(..<br />
    <br />
    I thought they would of added multiplayer.. EA are too lazy I guess I kinda dislike single-player games but hopefully The Sims 4 single-player is better than The Sims 3 single-player. :)

Originally, Sims4 was meant to be an online game, but apparently when they went that route with Sim City, it was a massive failure. So, they revamped and we now have a offline, single player game. To me, this is what the Sims are meant to be. I don't want anyone else 'messing' up my Sims which, if this was played online, could very well happen. It was bad enough when I played WoW for a very short time, that my little gnome got knocked off of her feet upon entering a town that was SUPPOSED to be a safe place for her to be. (Oh, and I should mention that she wasn't merely knocked off of her feet, she was KILLED.) I was not set to pvp, but pve or whatever it was that meant I was playing against the environment. :open_mouth: This did not make GalacticGal a very happy camper. (And please, please, please don't use the PREPOSITION of when you need the VERB have, lest you be discovered as lazy as you claim EA to be. :s )

Would have, could have, should have, or the ever popular contractions: would've, could've, or should've. Thank you very much. End of English 101 rant. :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Olivesims2Olivesims2 Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2014
    Co op is not online (as playing with everyone in the world) If you ever played Terraria, Starbound, Minecraft you choose to play on your own private server that someone creates. My son always made the server on his computer and me, and other family members joined it was fun. We had vent up and built our own town and talked to each other. It would be cool if we could each build on a lot and built are own public places. Oh and on the games listed you had the choice to play single player also.
    Post edited by Olivesims2 on
    I get my games free using this site :) To earn gift cards
    http://www.instagc.com/115196