Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was your coolest moment in any Sim game?

For me it was the first Sims game. I brought it home from the store and because of my work hours, I had the game all to myself until I had to go to work just before my younger daughter came home from school. I think she was about 10 at the time. I made one particular Sim who was a copy of very annoying, obnoxious coworker. I will call him "LB" for short. I gave him all negative traits. He only had hair on the sides of his head. Not very smart and fancied himself a ladies man. He tried to be a bully but if you stood up to him he didn't know how to handle that. And he was always trying to run some sort of scam on people. That was the coworker not the Sim. LOL. I made him a little two or three room house with just the basics and just forgot about him and left him to roam the neighborhood.

I go to work and come home and when I see my daughter she was a bit upset. I asked her what happened and she said she made a Sim family in my game and all was going well when the doorbell rang. The wife opened the door and theres LB standing at the entrance. He walks in uninvited and starts trying to kiss the wife. The wife gets mad and slaps him so LB beats her up. The wife ran away and got her husband and LB beat the husband up. Then the wife beat LB up and he ran out the house and went back to his house and stayed there. My daughter said LB did all the things he did on his own and that really was so cool to me that he could do stuff like that. Of course I had to delete him or my daughter would of had a fit. LOL.

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My coolest moment was the first alien abduction. I had no idea it could happen!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Tensai_ZooTensai_Zoo Posts: 109 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not the coolest, but the biggest 'what the hell'-moment was, when my sim was killed by flies in TS2
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    Formal Snowboarding
    t4ezICyl.jpg
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    It wasn't a big moment for me but a moment I'll never forget was when I had a sim in TS2 get pregnant while at college. I didn't think that could happen but it did and by the time she was done with college her kid was pretty much ready to start. It really made me feel like wow this is something that could happen in real life and I really enjoyed the fact that it happened in my game. It was a tough college experience for that sim but I made it work and it really brought life into my game.
  • Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I remember being told that my male sim was abducted when I let my brother play for an hour or so, but back then I was so shocked when he was pregnant. It was a HUGE 🐸🐸🐸🐸 moment... pregnant male sims... Alien babies... Ah.
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    One funny memory is when I played the original, I was talking on the phone with my now boyfriend, then crush, and he was telling me what to make. Which was him, in a fancy suit, with two lesbian girlfriend sims, both named after me. I reminded him of that the other day.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    One funny memory is when I played the original, I was talking on the phone with my now boyfriend, then crush, and he was telling me what to make. Which was him, in a fancy suit, with two lesbian girlfriend sims, both named after me. I reminded him of that the other day.

Haha, I like the way your bf thinks!

• Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    In Sims 1, I used a cheat to trap the pizza delivery man in the attic and then put every dirty dish I had up there with him. There were so many flies - it was glorious.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2014
    I remember playing the sims urbz as a young teen, (13-14) and my sim had this interaction that said "lap-dance" and I was just like, yeah let's try that, and I went like, what is she doing to him, something sexual? And that's how I learned what a lap dance was, thank you EA ;)
    Edit: Maybe not a cool moment, more like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 moment!
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    @Bokimbol, I had a moment like that! My kids and I shared the original Sims neighborhood. One day I invited my daughter's little couple over to my house where two adult brothers lived. I thought I should entertain them, so I turned on the music and invited one of the guests to dance. Little did I know that dancing was considered a romantic interaction! When my daughter came back to the game, she was so upset because one of her Sims was in love with mine and the other had a broken heart! I thought I'd never hear the end of it!

I think my coolest moment, though, was in Sims 2 when Brandi Broke had her baby. That was my first Sims 2 baby, and I had never seen the cut-scene sequence for birth before. Well, I'm so very sentimental about birth, I started crying and smiling at the same time :-)
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2014
    When I first started playing Sims 2 (my first sims game), I shared the save file with my younger brother. Don't know why we did that, but we just did.

Anyway, we were playing with the Goth household, where Dina had moved in and was pregnant with Mortimer's second child. Back then I found that pregnancy/taking care of babies and toddlers was really difficult. Mortimer was at work, Cassandra was out of the house, Alexander was at school and neither my brother nor I realized that you could hire a maid or baby sitter, so poor Dina was running around the huge mansion, cleaning, cooking and tending to her firstborn (a baby at that point) with that gigantic belly of hers and rapidly depleting needs.

Pretty quickly her sleep and hunger dropped to a bare bones, completely red bar minimum. I couldn't even really get her to walk to the fridge because she kept fainting, so I finally let her rest on that floor for a while, which just got her hunger bar to fall even lower. At that point Mortimer returned home, but the baby started crying so I sent him upstairs to take care of that. I decided that Dina had enough energy to cook herself a meal (again, completely forgetting about the quick food option). So she finally gets herself downstairs, prepares pancakes or somethings and as she's about to sit down to eat, she freakin' dies. Right there. Inches away from her plate. And the worst part was, I completely didn't register that my brother deleted all the stairs and there was only an elevator left. The thing was ridiculously slow! I even sent Mortimer to try and beg the Grim Reaper to let his wife live, but by the time the darn elevator moved, pregnant Dina was long gone.

That's what really sold me on playing Sims games :P
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    When my first sim I ever made ended up with a boyfriend in the game. I had known same sex relationships were possible but was just so pleased when it happened to my sim, we even got married and adopted a kid.
  • Options
    FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    Tojax wrote: »
    Back then I found that pregnancy/taking care of babies and toddlers was really difficult.
    I still think that pregancy in TS2 is way harder than in TS3, they were hungry and sleepy all the time! :O
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • Options
    @Ashkevron Yeah, I was happy to find out that the Sims franchise was perfectly ok with same sex relationships. And as lame as this will sound, I'm pretty sure that being able to play out their lives helped me empathize with them. I know this probably sounds silly, but I was in my early teens when I began playing Sims 2, so seeing same sex couples treated similarly to heterosexual couples in a popular game did make an impact on the way I perceived certain things :)
  • Options
    harobed7756harobed7756 Posts: 83 Member
    The coolest moments have always been exploring new EPs for the first time... first university degree, finding out my fairy could successfully beat up a mummy, first horse jumping competition, first meeting descendants in the future, etc ...

In addition, it took me weeks, maybe months, to find the customizing tool in Buy Mode. That was a real Ah Ha! moment.
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    I'm sure there are many, but the one that popped into my head when I read the title of this thread was my Sim going to look out the window then cleaning it.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    My coolest moment in Sims 3 was when my sim had a baby with the Grim Reaper! But then EA made that impossible with a patch and ruined it for everyone. :(
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    My most memorable moment was in The Sims. I had started building my own houses around town and making my own sims so I don't have any memorable characters from the game to connect to. I just remember that I had built a house and two couples lived in it. I had spent a lot of time on those sims, their house, and building their careers. I had some sims from another house I had made come over for a house party. In all, I had about 6 of my own sims on the lot. I had placed a grill in the back yard in a decorated patio area. It was nicely landscaped with flowers and shrubs. I had one of my sims grill some hotdogs for the party.

The flowers caught fire being too close to the grill. I did not have a fire detector close enough to the grill (only inside the house.) The fire started spreading rapidly and my sims (all of them) kept trying to put it out. I finally got one of my sims to call the fire department. By this time yet another passing by sim (also of my own making) came in off the street to help put out the fire. My sims are starting to die in the fire now. At the end, the fireman did come. It took the fireman about two sim days to put out the fire which had finally spread to the house itself. All 7 of my sims died in that one fire. All 4 of the sims that lived there died, the two sims that came for the house party and the passing by sim all died in the fire. I watched until the fireman put out everything. As I said, it took about two sim days. When the fire was finally out I was sitting there in live mode staring at an empty house with no sims to control.

I sat there for a while trying to decide what to do. I was just shocked. I think I would have let the story play out if I had had just one or two deaths. But I had accidentally killed 7 of my own sims all at once. I quit the game without saving.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    FeMillah wrote: »
    Tojax wrote: »
    Back then I found that pregnancy/taking care of babies and toddlers was really difficult.
    I still think that pregancy in TS2 is way harder than in TS3, they were hungry and sleepy all the time! :O

Huh... so I'm not just imagining it?
    I haven't played Sims 2 in a long time, so I don't really remember the details of the baby/toddler life stages. But I do recall that my first family's kids (twins out of all things) were taken away by social services because I just couldn't handle two babies at a time. I remember being upset about that :P After that incident, I always made sure that there was one more adult than baby in the household. Made things a lot simpler.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    One cool moment in Sims 1 for me was when my sim turned her pet beagle into a sim -- she was a bit avant garde, with green lipstick, but they were best friends. In Sims 3 it was the first time my private investigator whipped out the branches for a stakeout.
  • Options
    PapierzastaPapierzasta Posts: 19 New Member
    The coolest moment was when I was a kid and played the first Sims game (BTW, I love all the parts, but my fondest memories are of The Sims 1 :)). I played it with my friend sitting next to me and me made all the decisions together. We created a single male Sim and moved him into a starter house (we were not aware of cheats at the moment). A little later he met his first wife, who had a daughter and was super rich. He married her, got rich, moved into a mansion... and we decided to get rid of the spouse and the kid so he could live a bachelor life :P. So we put them in the pool and removed the ladder... and so we decided to make him a gold digger - which he became. It was amazing how rich he got.
  • Options
    mbgreenleafmbgreenleaf Posts: 58 Member
    Oh all the joy of removing ladders from pools...but the best was in Sims 1 when I had a particularly rockin' house party, and Drew Carey showed up! I didn't know that could happen at that point, so I was pretty amazed.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    1. I had a male sim get impregnated by aliens. He gave birth to a lovely hybrid girl and they were living the good life.
    I got a little emotional when the alien mom came ringing the doorbell. A heartwarming reunion between mother and child!
    They spent the night getting to know each other.

2. I wanted to max all skills on a single sim. So I created a vampire. After a month she was pretty advanced in her endeavor, but
    sadly I was bored of playing. So on one faithful night she went to visit the local beach. She made sandcastles all night and witnessed her last sunrise on that beach. The sun took her away :'(

3. Everything about Isla Paradiso. I loved that EP when it worked. The lag appeared later on for some reason.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    One that I wish I had pictures.

I sent a group of five sims to University and they eventually paired up in couples.
    Two who were not romantically involved had been showing signs of extreme interest, but I did not do anything about it. Graduation day came I begin sending them home. The final two were the flirts. So I figured why not, let them have a fling before going home.

Later I decided to have this group share a house as they began their careers. So upon loading the new house they were all standing on the sidewalk. The first thing the flirts do is start making romantic moves on each other. Then all hell breaks loose as the slapping begins. The odd man out, the fifth sim, stares at the other four slapping each other in shock. I had a good laugh.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I wouldn't say that this is cool, per say, but it was definitely funny.........I remember that I had a sim who had a significant other and he was over at my sim's house. He used the bathroom and so I decided that she would pop the question and had her go into the bathroom. They were talking and wouldn't leave on their own accord, so I made the move. She got down on one knee, he accepted, and boom! They were in formal wear--her in a wedding dress and him in a tux--getting married!! LOL!! I wish that they would bring things back like that........I miss the crazy/zany stuff.