December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.
November 29 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Cool - I just figured out if you leave a thread and come back it will bring you back to where you left off. That is better at least.

    I'm finding that really confusing to be honest. My posts aren't appearing in the order they should be until I hit refresh again - wonder if it's related to that.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,613 Member
    Wow, so I haven't been on all day and I feel like I've missed so much. Anyway, I've just checked and apparently I only have 35 points :\ How do I get 50 points? Is it just dependent on how many likes you have? I'm so confused :s

    Through earning badges or by people liking and agreeing with your post

  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,613 Member
    leelujack wrote: »
    This is highly frustrating where is the moderators post that explains this? yesterday I was fine today when i logged in i was a new member and was restricted I liked and agreed on a few posts and bam back to being a normal member.....great way to treat people pfft

    Just follow the steps on the front page and it's be back to normal in no time ;)

  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 5,942 Member
    Yay! I am official now...not that I was really concerned either, more just curious. Thanks guys.
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,831 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Where can you see how many points you have.

    Click on your profile and then scroll down past your badges (left hand side). There will be a grey box with your info in it.

    thanks I did and have 236 points so how do you get them and what do you do with them or what are they for?

    Sounds as though they are tied to the amount of likes and agrees you receive.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 5,942 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Cool - I just figured out if you leave a thread and come back it will bring you back to where you left off. That is better at least.

    I'm finding that really confusing to be honest. My posts aren't appearing in the order they should be until I hit refresh again - wonder if it's related to that.

    Yes - the messages that are popping up at the bottom will take some getting used to. That was confusing for me too.

  • The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    phew only just in ;)
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 516 Member
    By the way, how much the requirements for posting changed on these forums? before, you needed a TS3 game registered to even post here (That's why I didn't posted until today, I only have TS2, the cas demo, and TS4 preordered on origin). If they eliminated the game requirement, we could see a troll attack soon (lucky for me, I avoided the last one)

    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

    Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Somebody probably will create a post like that at some point to help the new members get the points they need to have the full freedoms of the forum :)
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    Well, at least I'm new and it's two weeks before launch. If I'm not a member yet (doubt it; haven't posted much yet.) I'm sure I'll get there by the time it matters. If this is what needs to be done to make the forums safe, so be it.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    By the way, how much the requirements for posting changed on these forums? before, you needed a TS3 game registered to even post here (That's why I didn't posted until today, I only have TS2, the cas demo, and TS4 preordered on origin). If they eliminated the game requirement, we could see a troll attack soon (lucky for me, I avoided the last one)
    My guess is that they'll require having Sims 4 or one of its expansion/stuff packs registered in order to create a new forum account. But since they haven't been released as of yet, it's currently wide open to anyone. But this is only a guess.

    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,613 Member
    @ladybastilla
    You are a member, look under your profile picture ;)
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 390 Member
    I just got my 50 points. I feel so free! Haha :D
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    I like this, it means less images that make me want some mind bleach being posted by fake accounts.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • ladybastillaladybastilla Posts: 172 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    @ladybastilla
    You are a member, look under your profile picture ;)
    There goes my plum vision again. :p Thanks very much. I didn't see that. :)
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    By the way, how much the requirements for posting changed on these forums? before, you needed a TS3 game registered to even post here (That's why I didn't posted until today, I only have TS2, the cas demo, and TS4 preordered on origin). If they eliminated the game requirement, we could see a troll attack soon (lucky for me, I avoided the last one)
    My guess is that they'll require having Sims 4 or one of its expansion/stuff packs registered in order to create a new forum account. But since they haven't been released as of yet, it's currently wide open to anyone. But this is only a guess.

    Maybe, but they might just go by your Origin account too, since it's now required.

    Maybe that means if you act like a big enough tit your Origin account will get banned so you'll have to re-buy your whole library again.

    Huh, that'd be a pretty good deterrent actually.
  • QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    Yup, reports (& maybe flags too) surely do lower your points:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/3216532/LILHUNNYSUCKS
  • simbolismesimbolisme Posts: 124 Member
    Pyer wrote: »
    been a member since 2009. I am a lurker.

    The love for long time lurkers is stong in this one! Enjoy!
    ...................nothing going on here.............................................................................no, absolutely nothing!
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 516 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    My guess is that they'll require having Sims 4 or one of its expansion/stuff packs registered in order to create a new forum account. But since they haven't been released as of yet, it's currently wide open to anyone. But this is only a guess.

    They should do it like that when the game launches, so in the next 15 days we can say that registration and posting is free for all. That is a dangerous path, let's hope that the new member restrictions works.
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    By the way, how much the requirements for posting changed on these forums? before, you needed a TS3 game registered to even post here (That's why I didn't posted until today, I only have TS2, the cas demo, and TS4 preordered on origin). If they eliminated the game requirement, we could see a troll attack soon (lucky for me, I avoided the last one)
    My guess is that they'll require having Sims 4 or one of its expansion/stuff packs registered in order to create a new forum account. But since they haven't been released as of yet, it's currently wide open to anyone. But this is only a guess.

    Maybe, but they might just go by your Origin account too, since it's now required.

    Maybe that means if you act like a big enough tit your Origin account will get banned so you'll have to re-buy your whole library again.

    Huh, that'd be a pretty good deterrent actually.

    I didn't considered that, in fact, my name is actually my Origin ID (I have some TS4 CAS simmies shared, in case someone wants to get a look lol), now we should be careful with that.

    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

    Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    There should be something in place where not only you must have "points" but also must have a registered Sims game in order to earn those points. I really don't want to see retina melting photos popping up on these forums all the time.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top