Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-order Questions...?

So I thought I was finally going to pre-order but the thing is I can't figure out who to get it through! I want to get the premium edition and I want to go to the store to pick it up. Walmart or Target was my first two choices because they open earlier then Gamestop or Best Buy but they don't give me the option to pick it up, just ship to home!

So does anyone know can I go into Walmart or Target and reserve my copy that way or am I stuck waiting until 10am to pick it up? Digital download is not an option because I have a super slow internet connection and even with the early preload option I don't want to do that for the base game. TIA :smiley:
- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
alliesim02
The Scott Legacy

Comments

• Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Also anyone know the big difference between the Prima Guide and Collectors Guide? Thanks!
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i dont think you reserve copies at walmart/target. they usually have plenty of copies available on launch day. so you should be good to just walk right now, however, i dont know what time exactly they'll put them out on display~
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    edited August 2014
    also, according to amazon the collector's edition guide features:
    • Hardcover with premium treatment and materials.
    • Comes with a code for a valuable exclusive in-game computer item (The P.R.I.M.A. 3000) that will entertain your Sim for hours on end.
    • Additional pages include Q&A, "Behind-The-Scenes' and "Making of" content with the game developers.
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    If you don't want to pre-order, then you don't have to. I don't think TS4 will sell out in a few hours so you don't have to worry about that.

But if you want some of the goodies that come with pre-ordering, I ordered mine through Gamestop and mine does let me pick it up in store. I've never heard of a pre-order outside of an actual game store though. I'm not sure if that is possible with Walmart or Target.

The Prima guide is normally more detailed and more like a textbook. I think the Collector's guide is a much smaller version of that. Like a booklet.
  • Options
    VampirspiegeleiVampirspiegelei Posts: 704 Member
    It really depends on the store. Some stores allow their customers to preorder, some don't. Better ask.
    Or order at amazon and have your copy delivered.
    ... jinkies oO
  • Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    Why not just get it delivered to your house? It normally gets there day 1 or in some cases, earlier.
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    Target, and I think Walmart too, should have reserve cards that you can buy right now in the store. Targets card is only $1 that I know of off the top of my head.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I preordered from Amazon and chose the option to have it delivered on release day so I will get my copy on Sept 2.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    My local game store is naughty really. You can walk into store and no new release games are on the shelves even by mid day on release day. I went into store I think it was when Island Paradise was released and none where on the shelf.. They claimed they had none out the back. Thing is though the said retailer takes pre orders. I've pre ordered from Gamestop this time.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    I might see if I can go in Walmart or Target and ask. I'm hesitant to have it delivered because I want it as early as possible on launch day and knowing my luck I'd get it when my kids got off the bus :( I know I went into Walmart to get an EP once at like 1am and while they didn't have it out one of the employees went back in the back and got a copy for me. I just don't want to take the chance that I have a ton of simmers in my town and end up driving all over to get a copy! lol That would be my luck too...
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy