Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1 million plus copies sold in first week

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote: »
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    The game hasn't even reached 100,000 preorders. How do you expect it to surpass 1 million??

Last I checked about a week ago it was nearly at 100k.

Also most people don't pre-order games so...not sure what your point is.

Most people don't order games? TS3 had over a million preorders. GTA had over a million preorders. Need I go on?
    Million preorders? Thats like $60 Million, right? Ha, within the first three days GTA V sold over $1 BILLION dollars...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/20/entertainment-us-taketwo-gta-idUSBRE98J0O820130920

tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500.jpg

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    The game hasn't even reached 100,000 preorders. How do you expect it to surpass 1 million??

a lot of people (myself included) buy physical games. Since origin doen't provide physical games - people buy it on other websites - so that does't make any point

No, it does matter. If this game can't even reach 100,000 preorders, with less than 2 weeks till launch, then that's a problem. It has flop written all over it.

Ooooh lets see what happens xD
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    Hm i bet 1 mil or less
    cheater!
    lol just saying i'm going to be surprised if it surpassed 1 mil
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member

a lot of people (myself included) buy physical games. Since origin doen't provide physical games - people buy it on other websites - so that does't make any point

No, it does matter. If this game can't even reach 100,000 preorders, with less than 2 weeks till launch, then that's a problem. It has flop written all over it.

Keep in mind preorders were open since August 20, 2013. That is 1 year with less than 100K preorders. I think there will be a boom when Origin drops the price and starts offering bundled games with a couple EPs for TS4.
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Hm i bet 1 mil or less
    cheater!

Same here.
    Sims is getting kinda old and people have moved on. Also there's probably a good chunk of people who have everything for Sims3 and rather not spend money on a new sims game and lose everything they had.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member

Keep in mind preorders were open since August 20, 2013. That is 1 year with less than 100K preorders. I think there will be a boom when Origin drops the price and starts offering bundled games with a couple EPs for TS4.

Oh dang. I didn't know that preorders were open that long...
  • Options
    Hm i bet 1 mil or less
    cheater!

Same here.
    Sims is getting kinda old and people have moved on. Also there's probably a good chunk of people who have everything for Sims3 and rather not spend money on a new sims game and lose everything they had.
    Is it sad that i prefer tomodachi life/animal crossing over the sims?
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Hm i bet 1 mil or less
    cheater!

Same here.

Nah. People like different things. Won't bother me none.
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    Need I go on?

Yes please.

Also do you have a source for your Sims 3 pre-order figure?

Google is your friend.
  • Options
    Hm i bet 1 mil or less
    cheater!

Same here.

Nah. People like different things. Won't bother me none.
    Yeah the sims i something that i want to play but with all the glitches and it just got boring after awhile
  • Options
    bflury wrote: »

Last I checked about a week ago it was nearly at 100k.

Also most people don't pre-order games so...not sure what your point is.

Most people don't order games? TS3 had over a million preorders. GTA had over a million preorders. Need I go on?
    Million preorders? Thats like $60 Million, right? Ha, within the first three days GTA V sold over $1 BILLION dollars...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/20/entertainment-us-taketwo-gta-idUSBRE98J0O820130920

tumblr_m7vkrb3f9p1ramus3o1_500.jpg

Oh, right! I forgot. GTA made over a billion dollars. Anyone who says preorder "don't matter", clearly don't know what they're talking about.

• Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Need I go on?

Yes please.

Google is your friend.

Why did you cut out the part where I said I tried Google and couldn't find the answer?

Almost sounds like you're just making stuff up.
  • Options
    Oh, right! I forgot. GTA made over a billion dollars. Anyone who says preorder "don't matter", clearly don't know what they're talking about.

You're comparing Sims 4 to GTA?

Keep them laughs coming.
  • Options
    Sincerbox wrote: »

1.4 million in its first week...and apparently over 1 million of those were pre-orders. Wow. So Sims 3 sold less than 400k copies after release in a week?
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    skittlejg wrote: »
    I'm calling it now.

Anyone wanna make a wager? I'll bet you 100 million simoleons.

Please, stop. Do you realize you've gone from just being pro-Sims 4 to literally spitting out lies now.

How can you call me making a bet lying? That doesn't even make sense.

I call the idea that you believe this game will sell more than a million copies the first week it comes out a lie. That and the notion that "most people don't pre-order games".
  • Options
    "Electronic Arts' third full iteration of its best-selling life simulation game sets a record for best-selling PC game launch in the company's history."

Why are we comparing a console game to a PC game?
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    Need I go on?

Yes please.

Google is your friend.

Why did you cut out the part where I said I tried Google and couldn't find the answer?

Almost sounds like you're just making stuff up.
    The only one ignoring any "parts", is you. I've linked one link to TS4 preorders, and someone else posted a link to TS3. What other proof do you need?

• Options

You're comparing Sims 4 to GTA?

Keep them laughs coming.
    Reading comprehension goes a loooong way. Where did I talk about TS4? I was just pointing out that preorders matter, when it comes to game sales.
  • Options
    someone else posted a link to TS3.

That was for first week's sales figure. And you talk about my reading comprehension.
    Reading comprehension goes a loooong way. Where did I talk about TS4? I was just pointing out that preorders matter, when it comes to game sales.

Well let's see...you not many people have pre-ordered Sims 4...I said most people don't pre order...then you talk about how great GTA did...then you used GTA as an example of people who say pre-orders don't count don't know what they're talking about...

It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together to see you were referring to my earlier comment regarding Sims 4 pre-orders.

Look. I get it. You want to troll in one of my threads. Please at least be a little more subtle about it.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I doubt it. TS3 only sold 1.4 million, and there's a lot of ticked off people right now. I doubt it'll hit 1 million. Whenever I look at facebook and the forums, despite the very outspoken groups that have to fight with everybody, the ones with a negative view on the game always have more support, often a lot more. From the online community it seems there's more unhappy people than there are happy people. A lot of people aren't part of the online community and will blindly buy it without knowing all we've learned online just because it's sims, but a lot will have lost interest after sims 3's buggy mess too. It's harder to judge the excitement/hatred of those not online, they might be a bit less likely or a bit more likely overall to buy it, it's impossible to say, but basically I'm figuring they'll cut sales in half and hit 700,000 or so. That's just my theory though.
  • Options
    skittlejgskittlejg Posts: 155 Member
    someone else posted a link to TS3.

That was for first week's sales figure. And you talk about my reading comprehension.

Well let's see...you not many people have pre-ordered Sims 4...I said most people don't pre order...then you talk about how great GTA did...then you used GTA as an example of people who say pre-orders don't count don't know what they're talking about...

It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together to see you were referring to my earlier comment regarding Sims 4 pre-orders.

Look. I get it. You want to troll in one of my threads. Please at least be a little more subtle about it.

To be honest, you are the best troll I've ever seen because you always confuse people and are completely and utterly relentless. You are the only troll that has ever been able to get to me, so props for that. But anyway, it's not a difficult concept. GTA had more preorders and therefore sold way more copies than other games. The Sims 4 hasn't had many preorders. Can you put two and two together here?
  • Options
    I often read comments from people who are unhappy with the direction EA has taken with TS4 that the sooner the game flops the sooner they will get on with making TS5. This logic befuddles me. What's to say that the company wouldn't decide that the franchise has had its day in the sun and retire it?

I would never cheer for this game to fail. I don't want to see the end of the series.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    If the sims 4 going to be a flop i don't know what is going to happen to the sims
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    The pre-orders on VGChartz are for US orders only. Also, for some reason, it says 5 weeks to release, not 2 weeks, so I'm not sure what that's about. Most PC games show about the same number of pre-orders at around 5 weeks but, again, VGChartz seems to have their dates listed incorrectly or perhaps their best estimates are based on data from 3 weeks ago.

TS3 sold 1.4 million copies it's first week. If someone has a link to show what the pre-order numbers are for TS3, you'll have to share it because I have yet to find it or have anyone else find it and share it.

I would be very surprised if TS4 sold over 1 million copies it's first week.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper