Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    @BuildnShare thanks for the welcome! :)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Rykel wrote: »
    Some questions about challenge #31:

1. You mention no fences are allowed inside the home. Does that include using the "fence for window shopping" to create a border around a tiled section on the floor? It is a flat fence that looks like it is on the ground and works well to separate different floor finishes.

2. Are we allowed to play-test the build?

3. Are we allowed to upgrade appliances?

Hi there @Rykel - you can use the flat fence to create a border around a tiled floor, just no using them for sectioning off sections of the home. You may play test and upgrade appliances, just be mindful that doing so will affect the price of your home due to depreciation. So, we recommend that you take a note of the price of the build before heading into Live mode. Finally, welcome to @BuildnShare!! We look forward to seeing what you create.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @BuildnShare This challenge looks amazing. I am not a full member yet so I probably can't submit my entry but I will try my best to get there. Meanwhile, I will start building. Thanks so much for the challenge.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @BuildnShare This challenge looks amazing. I am not a full member yet so I probably can't submit my entry but I will try my best to get there. Meanwhile, I will start building. Thanks so much for the challenge.

You can still enter!
    Where we request links, you can post the link and leave out the https:// We can still see it that way.
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    @popettypop2012 - @Lebanna is right, you are more than welcome to join in! Jump in, the water's lovely :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Attention Expert Entrants for Challenge #27 - RYUNOTEN, ATTORNEYS AT LAW

Your results are available on this page.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @Lebanna @BuildnShare Thank you guys. You mean I should post my screenshots on Photobucket or something like that? And then I place the links without the http? Thanks for the tip. Will try to do that.
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @Lebanna @BuildnShare Thank you guys. You mean I should post my screenshots on Photobucket or something like that? And then I place the links without the http? Thanks for the tip. Will try to do that.

Exactly! :)
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Simrissie_RykelSimrissie_Rykel Posts: 113 Member
    edited November 2015
    CHALLENGE #: 31 Fall Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: @Rykel
    ORIGIN ID: Simrissie
    GALLERY: #Simrissie #BnS31
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: http://www.thesims.com/gallery/EB86A6058E0411E58FD4BCD67EAF595D
    LOT COST: $1,500
    BUILD COST: $58,072 (before live testing and upgrading appliances the cost was $85,889.00)
    TOTAL COST: $59,572 ($87,389)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1039.photobucket.com/user/Simrissie/slideshow/BnS31 - Fall Designer Showdown
    ENTRY DETAILS: My inspiration item was the "In the balance antique scale". It inspired clean, minimalistic lines and I used the metal/steel and wood materials from the item as a base for decorating the home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please, would love to get feedback and improve my building/design skills.
    OTHER: MOO, NoCC

2uz54hy.jpg

jph4xf.jpg
    Post edited by Simrissie_Rykel on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @Rykel I am impressed with this renovation! The colors scheme and the decor are exquisite! I want to live in that house! Super job! Will download when I get home from work ;)
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    @Rykel I love the color scheme and interior design of your build! Gorgeous! :)
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Topiary Trees
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 62,325
    TOTAL COST: 63,825

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1297.photobucket.com/user/masajo2/slideshow/Topiary Trees
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose 'Passion's Kiss' as the inspiration object, which reminds me of country cottage plants. This led to a cosy cottage style build.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/13EE14EC8E2311E5828895621DDA1796?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

e6663572-1a15-44d6-9b1d-9602aea8588f_zpsmlkhj09b.png

Picture9_zpsyicpv7mc.jpg

uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    @VIRTUALEE Nice entry! The color is so lovely, it reflects from the inspirational object very well! :)

@Rykel Nice entry! I like on how you used the balance scale to make this house a minimal modern look! Love the contrast and the balance between this build! The architectural design looks beautiful too! :) Sadly, upgraded appliances don't transfer from the gallery! But hope Maxis will address that issue ASAP! :)

@masajo! Very cozy build! Love the use of a flower to make it a Country feel, very reflective! I'll comment it on your thread soon! :smiley:

Amazing entries everyone! :smiley: Good luck to each of you! :)
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @RyeCris16 Thanks so much for taking the time to encourage us! Have a great one,
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Many thanks for all your kindness and support @RyeCris16 very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LOT: Time For Christmas
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D99B37CF8F7911E58C707B5F533B83B9?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=BnS31&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 1,500
    BUILD COST: 65,404
    TOTAL COST: 66,104

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://picasaweb.google.com/100834899276394815320/TimeForChristmas?authkey=Gv1sRgCPP9yMmwkZaYDw
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose 'Grandfather Clock' as the inspiration object, which reminds me Christmas of my childhood in my grandmother´s home. The clock reminds me of New Years Eve. In Spain we eat a grape for each month of the year, when strikes twelve strokes, one on each stroke, so the grandfather clock is essential! LOL Well, we switch on the tv for the chimes ;)

20-11-2015_11-43-41.png
    20-11-2015_11-52-10.png

SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

• Options
    @VIRTUALEE , your house is lovely !! I´m loving all you build, sweetie. You have skills enough for much than a begginer and a great creativity.

@Rykel, your home is adorable !! I love all those soft colors and patterns you used.

@masajo , I love that garden !! Your house is very well decorated and furnished, as always.

I was not going to participate this time because I have flu :( But that Grandfather Clock was calling me !! And I love Christmas !! :smiley:

• Options
    @AIRIS6962 thanks for taking the time to look at our builds, it means so much to get your feedback and encouragement!
  • Options
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    @AIRIS6962 thanks for taking the time to look at our builds, it means so much to get your feedback and encouragement!

You´re welcome, dear !!
    Can you, please tell me if my link for slideshow works? THANK YOU <3
  • Options
    @AIRIS6962 - your slideshow works perfectly hon!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @AIRIS6962 - your slideshow works perfectly hon!

Thank you so much !! :smiley:
    I think the one I posted in the last challenge was wrong. I am using Picasa Web, because my Photobucket is full !! :dizzy:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited November 2015
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: Cozy Christmas Cabin
    LOT COST: $1500
    BUILD COST: $101,411
    TOTAL COST: $102,911

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/slideshow/Cozy Christmas Cabin?sort=6
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the "Dear Old Grandfather Clock" for my inspiration and decided to make this a Christmas cabin.

ENTRY DETAILS:

ENTRY DETAILS:

11-19-15_3-59-53nbspPM_zpszxv39jdo.png
    11-20-15_1-58-32nbspPM_zps2pvuvbp4.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @VIRTUALEE, Such a Pretty home! I love the soft pastels, so pretty and delicate. Even though this is a tiny home, you managed to make it feel quite roomy! :blush:

@Rykel, Your home is Beautiful with a lovely Asian flair! There are so many clever ideas throughout this gorgeous build. I really love the side deck with all the plants. So pretty! :relaxed:

@masajo, Gorgeous home with so much curb appeal! The landscaping is fabulous and I love that you were able to fit a patio out back! The pops of red throughout give it a nice warm, cheery feel! :blush:

@AIRIS6962, I see you're getting excited for Christmas too, lol! :D Your home is Lovely! The red and white are just beautiful! I Love that Awesome vanity you created in the bedroom! :smile:

@RyeCris16, Hi Rye!! Are we going to see an entry from you? I hope so! :blush:
  • Options
    @VIRTUALEE @RivendellStar @RyeCris16 @AIRIS6962 @WrathofCath Thank you so much for the kind feedback!
  • Options
    @RyeCris16 Didn't know that upgrades don't transfer to the gallery - thanks for the heads up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top