March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    KojiK wrote: »
    Hello great challenge! I have a question when you said no green it means no plants? Thank U

I took the description to mean he doesn't want green objects, or probably green or red flowers. He wants lots of plants, especially a vegetable garden (required) and palm or leafy trees that aren't fruit trees. (Basically, Xmas stuff drives him up the wall. LOL )
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hello great challenge! I have a question when you said no green it means no plants? Thank U

I took the description to mean he doesn't want green objects, or probably green or red flowers. He wants lots of plants, especially a vegetable garden (required) and palm or leafy trees that aren't fruit trees. (Basically, Xmas stuff drives him up the wall. LOL )

Exactly @SimsIslandheart, he doesn't want any red or green objects, but plants are fine @KojiK, but no pine trees!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    edited May 2018
    FORUM ID: jhgkjhgkjh
    ORIGIN ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Green Oasis
    LOT COST: 1.500
    LOT NAME: Nookstone, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: 28.161
    TOTAL COST: 29.661
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QmE8uXk
    ENTRY DETAILS: I placed Hermey in the hot desert of Oasis Springs - the total opposite of what he is used to, because the climate is very suitable for outside living and the yeararound use for his new... tada: lanai, where he can enjoy a cool drink. The house is a friendly mixture of modern and a colorful mission. The aquatic blue is a cool contrast to the browns and beiges of the desert and the lush green garden with the lap pool gives him both: a refreshing cool off from the daily heat and excercise as well.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: always appreciated!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc, but moo
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: DLWvGZ2.png
    Lee00Wo.png
    Yes, I know, there is a red apple in the picture. I see it as a small encouringing reminder. Whenever hermey gets sentimental, because life gets tough sometimes on your own, he can look at the red apple and remembers where he comes from. This might give him the strength to carry on, because he never wants to go back to christmasland....
    Post edited by jhgkjhgkjh on
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    edited May 2018
    bhaXpM1.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS93 - THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member

Exactly @SimsIslandheart, he doesn't want any red or green objects, but plants are fine @KojiK, but no pine trees!

So let me see if I understand no green, red and white combo because it looks to christmasy?

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• lorrie1910lorrie1910 Posts: 26 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII -
    FORUM ID: lorrie1910
    ORIGIN ID: lorrie1910
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/719F462C509211E88DD727308412E0F7
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Mid Nowhere (Windenburg) - A House For Hermey
    BUILD COST: $28,235
    TOTAL COST: $29,735
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/wlTM5Fr
    ENTRY DETAILS: A House For Hermey is set in the beautiful countryside of Widenburg. It has a outdoor swimming pool which has outstanding seaviews, Herbey can relax here whilst enjoying a cocktail or two. Inside it has a large living room where Herbey can catch up on his favourite TV shows, play chess or practice his guitar skills. The study comes complete with a computer and bookcase and there is even room for his running machine. He has a comfortable bedroom decorated in sunny shades of yellow and the kitchen comes complete with a dining area.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: [img][/img]BhVoQHs.jpg
    [img][/img]efv71WR.jpg
    Post edited by lorrie1910 on
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    SIM CHALLENGE - #BNSPH6
    FORUM ID: SoulGal7
    ORIGIN ID: SoulGal7
    Link to Gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D1E19C4E50B911E885F8589460A27704?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SoulGal7&max=50&maxis=false

Name: Harvey Wallbanger
    Traits: Slob, Lazy, Goofball
    M/F/TG: M
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Occupation (Or Former Occupation): Former apartment superintendent

Spouses Name: N/A
    M/F/TG:
    Traits:
    Aspiration:
    Occupations (Or Former Occupation):

Child 1 Name: N/A
    Child 1 M/F/TG:
    Child 1 Traits:
    Child 1 Aspiration:

No cc

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, and your family if appropriate, and why you are applying to The Hawthorne Project.

Dear Hawthorne People,
    My name is Harvey Wallbanger and I used to work as an apartment superintendent in San Myshuno. Yah, I know, you think I was named after a drink, but that is not the case. My family has been in the apartment superintendent maintenance business for years, and the name "Wallbanger" is our trademark because we are always banging on the walls, fixing things with our hammers and fiddling with electrical things. I really didn't want to follow in my family's footsteps. I wanted to branch out, be a rebel, but when I found out you got a free furnished apartment, heck, I was in!

Life was good. Oh yah, in my younger years, I was known as quite the ladies man. In my blue tux, I was a head-turner. I still have that blue tux and wear it sometimes when I go out to some fancy, smancy restaurant, and I am still a head turner, although I often hear sims chuckling when I walk through the door. Youngins', they know nothing. Well, what I was trying to say was that the ladies loved me, but I never found that "someone special"..know what I mean. I kind of wanted to give all the gals a chance at me, you know. So, yes, I am still single and available. I know, hard to believe.

Well, everything was going great, I had worked for the Llamarcins apartment building for nearly 30 years. Yep, count them. 30 years at one job! Can you believe it? All the neighbors just loved me and were always bringing me things, like gourmet fruitcake, to thank me for rescuing their goldfish from the toilet, you know, normal things superintendents do. Well, then I get this letter the other day, that the Llamarcins apartment building was going to be sold to some highfalutin bigshot who is going to renovate all these old, historic apartments into modern, new condos. And, get this, they don't want me to be part of the "new" look. They said I was dated....more like stale dated.

So, here I am nearing retirement with no job, nowhere to live, no one to give me gourmet fruitcake and no furniture even. I have no idea what to do. I've tried to find a new job, but even though I have years of experience, they all want someone "younger", more hip and with-it and computer literate with their new fangled on-line security systems. So, I am writing to you, dear Hawthorne People for help.

Tell us about your ideal home space:
    You know I've been thinking that maybe down south in one of those "over 55" retirement communities would be ideal. You know what I mean...be in charge of a mobile home park. One level. I have had it with stairs and elevators. And decorate my outdoor space like I want with a plastic flamingo or 2. Yah, that's the ticket. There are always sims needing some help with something and I heard that there are a lot of lady sims living in these places just looking for a single, handy guy like me. Maybe it's time for me to settle down. Oh yah and those places have community centers right in the complex, too, with things like card games, and dances, and even bar-b-qs. Can't remember the last time I had a bar-b-q 'cause of the fire code, they weren't allowed in apartments. And movie nights under the stars...with an outdoor big screen tv...I can see it now...just like those drive-in movie theatres I used to love. Ahhh....that would be the life. Well, thanks for reading and I hope you can help me. Park benches are getting awfully hard to sleep on.

HARVEY_OUTSIDE.png

HARVEY_WATCHING_HIS_RETRO_SHOWS.png

HE_DIDNT_KNOW_WHAT_TO_DO.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: FidgetyAtom
    ORIGIN ID: FidgetyAtom
    LOT: Hilltop Cottage
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: The Shrieking Llama in Windenburg
    BUILD COST: §28,500
    TOTAL COST: §30,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Pictures here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Well, I was thinking something kind of 'elfy', but not christmassy. I am not even sure if I accomplished that, but maybe the roof type! Though I love this house through and through, and already have been playing with Hermey in there for a while. I hope you like it.
    It's one bedroom, one bath, open floor plan. Semi modern decor. Garden, and pool side fun.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    DceWJNMXcAEDw-2.jpg
    DceWRVMXcAAmQjf.jpg
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    @SoulGal7 - Harvey looks amazing, but don't forget to post him the Hawthorne Project: Sims thread as well!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

So let me see if I understand no green, red and white combo because it looks to christmasy?

Exactly @KojiK!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VII -
    FORUM ID: linday
    ORIGIN ID: iamlinday
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Sunny Sanctuary
    LOT COST: §1,500
    LOT NAME: Nookstone, Oasis Springs
    BUILD COST: §28,485
    TOTAL COST: §29,985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Click for pics
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted to get poor Hermey as far away from the cold as possible, so the dry desert in Oasis Springs seemed fitting. Here he can enjoy lazy days by the pool - or work hard on studying towards becoming a dentist. His home is small, but functional, and far from red and green.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    40119279610_abc8fb3263_c.jpg
    27057179487_f82b94d131_c.jpg
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow @buildnshare! Thanks for giving Hermey a home!!!

@TresaofPern I think Hermey would love a simple home in the suburbs, and what a lovely home it is! It's great that you got him his pool and some wonderful outdoor living space and lots of light!
    @jhgkjhgkjh - Stunning Spanish home and what gorgeous landscaping. Really beautiful job!! And I love his makeover!!
    @linday, absolutely charming little home. Love that living room/study and the seating near the pool!
    @lorrie1910 - very cute house and you definitely picked the right views! Great spot sitting at the pool!
    @fidgetyatom - Completely charming. Wonderful build! The garden and lawn are to die for.
    @maryjane2joe - Wow..that's a lot of eye candy. Fantastic work on that budget! Very cool!!

AND although it's really up to the judges...I made Hermey to hate Christmas colors because he's just sick of them. I don't think he'd have any trouble with sage green or brick red, just christmas red and green (candy apple red and kelly green)

What amazing communes were created in this round. And communities. Loved seeing the different approaches people took with it. What amazing work!

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    AND although it's really up to the judges...I made Hermey to hate Christmas colors because he's just sick of them. I don't think he'd have any trouble with sage green or brick red, just christmas red and green (candy apple red and kelly green)

That was what I took away from the challenge description! I'm avoiding most red and green in general, but mostly because I'm working with color schemes that are about as far away from Xmas as possible - sunny, tropical, floral, bright, etc. The reds and greens are getting sorted out almost by default. XD

• maryjane2joemaryjane2joe Posts: 294 Member
    @Ainsleyf !!Thank You!! And especially thank you for taking the time to give us all compliments.. that's a wonderful act of kindness!!
    285JXDb.jpg
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment, @Ainsleyf! It is very nice of you that you took the time and look at all our creations. :) Hermey is a really cute! Oh love his ears! During my house test he really went through the house and took a seat on his new lanai. So funny! I was so perplex I forgot to take a picture. Than he started cooking immediately. Funny guy!
    You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    jhgkjhgkjh wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment, @Ainsleyf! It is very nice of you that you took the time and look at all our creations. :) Hermey is a really cute! Oh love his ears! During my house test he really went through the house and took a seat on his new lanai. So funny! I was so perplex I forgot to take a picture. Than he started cooking immediately. Funny guy!

Guess he was saying, "I love this house, but I'm hungry!"
    image.png
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    @Ainsleyf Thank you so much for the compliment. I've been meaning to tell you, this little elf is just so much fun! I've played with him quite a bit (as you can see in the photos lol) and I just adore him. He's quirky and cute! Great creation you have here.
    Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited May 2018
    ______
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VII -
    FORUM ID: TheDismalSimmer
    ORIGIN ID: TheDismalSimmer
    LEVEL: Expert - Probably punching waaaay above my weight class but I want to compete with the best :p
    LOT: Tudor Cottage 4
    LOT COST: 1 500
    LOT NAME: Cottage Am See, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: 28 402 28 477
    TOTAL COST: 29 902 29 977
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: Poor Hermey was so tired of the North Pole, so he figured it was about time to move back to the shires where he came from. His old Tudor cottage sits in the lush countryside and has the landscaping to match but Hermey could only afford rather modest furnishings due to his previous job's low pay. Maybe if Mr. Claus would adopt a better business model then he would be able to pay his workers better, but that's ancient history now. Fortunately it has just enough of the bare essentials for him to start anew.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. And be BRUTAL!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

33VBhBw.png
    srw3TWQ.png
    Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on
    dgvibNQ.png
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member

LEVEL: Expert - Probably punching waaaay above my weight class but I want to compete with the best :p

Holy, cannoli! That is one pretty cottage <3 As a judge and long-time entrant I certainly don't think you're punching above your weight class by entering in the top level. Just a tip though - the guide we use for judging gives equal weight to 3 areas: architecture, landscaping and interior design. You'll want to make sure you've given equal attention to all 3 areas. Also, we judge solely by your media, so the more pictures the better. (there's still time to add more)

Welcome to BuildnShare, and good luck in the challenge :)

• TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    edited May 2018

Holy, cannoli! That is one pretty cottage <3 As a judge and long-time entrant I certainly don't think you're punching above your weight class by entering in the top level. Just a tip though - the guide we use for judging gives equal weight to 3 areas: architecture, landscaping and interior design. You'll want to make sure you've given equal attention to all 3 areas. Also, we judge solely by your media, so the more pictures the better. (there's still time to add more)

Welcome to BuildnShare, and good luck in the challenge :)

Thanks for letting me know! Haha yeah this is my first time entering so still a bit of a learning curve I suppose. I've made a minor palette swap (no change in costs) and expanded / updated the album. So the cost will still be within budget. The only other change is the addition of a plant near the fireplace (the original one disappeared and I did not realize until after I took the pictures), and I added that to reflect the actual final cost of the house and lot.
    Post edited by TheDismalSimmer on
    dgvibNQ.png
  • lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    @Ainsleyf thank you so much! And thank you for making Hermey, he’s adorable! In my game he has got a makeover, so he has now completely escaped his Christmas nightmare :P
  • kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: kilra0
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: pineapple & the blue sea
    LOT COST: 2000
    LOT NAME: Bro (Windenburg)
    BUILD COST:27985
    TOTAL COST: 29985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xDEYakZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: it's play tested and works fine :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: nocc
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Yq4j0Rp.png
    KA5n8m3.png
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Wow you guys! You're fast builders and all so gorgeous with that tight budget! <3
    Congrats @Ainsleyf for winning the project...love your Hermey!
    I intended to comment on all the hippie houses, but I feel like we've moved on. Sorry to all I didn't comment on, loved them all.
  • WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    FORUM ID / ORIGIN ID: Wildling
    LOT: Tiki Beach Bungalow
    LOT COST: 1500
    LOT NAME: Bedlington Boathouse
    BUILD COST:28498
    TOTAL COST: 29998 (!!)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Kjcd7By

ENTRY DETAILS: You don't need a lot of Simoleons to have a luxury beach bungalow. Ok, maybe you do. If you don't you can have this bungalow instead.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EfeXRb8.png
    LHmbMSJ.png
  • BolonkafrauchenBolonkafrauchen Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2018
    CHALLENGE #94 - The Hawthorne Project VIII
    FORUM ID:Bolonkafrauchen
    ORIGIN ID:bolonkafrauchen
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert) Established
    LOT NAME: Newcrest, comfy Cubby
    Gallery Name: Elf Summer Refuge
    LOT COST: 1500
    TOTAL COST: 29008
    HOUSEHOLD: (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F2DB257F538111E888BADCEAC1BA3175?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=weekly&searchquery=Bolonkafrauchen&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by) https://imgur.com/a/aofEsnn
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please) t0WFNOo.png
    JOeNpAu.png

#BnS94
    Dear Hermey,
    Thank you so much for giving me the chance to design you new home! I can totally understand that you choose to go somewhere warmer. Unfortunately, the budget you gave me was very low. But I do think the tiny home I created will suit you well. Since you want to enjoy the wonderful Sim eternal- summer, I spent only a basic sum of money on the two small rooms. Bedroom and kitchen are two –in-one and the bathroom is tiny. However you will find all your needs taken care of. I decided to use a wonderful bright yellow for the living room. You will find a tiny friendly hamster to keep you company. While I did add some decorations, I would suggest you start learning to paint, so that you can give a nice personal touch to the walls.
    Now to the outside. While indoors is quite minimalistic, your garden will hopefully make you very happy. Not only is there a terrace with a bbq, an easel to start your painting desire and a chess game to enhance logic skills, I even manages to give you a tiny beach area by the pool, where you can enjoy either a nice glass of iced tea or you can even mix yourself a cocktail. Of course I included the palm trees you love so much. There are plenty of fruit and vegetable plants around the garden. I am certain, you will be the best gardener of the region soon. You said you needed something to be fit. Well, I decided you will love to exercise with this wonderful water slide. It is a lot more fun, isn’t it?
    I really hope you like your new home. Once you have accomplished your dentist career and earned a little more money, be sure to contact me. I will be more than happy to create a bigger home for you soon.
    Yours
    Bolonkafrauchen
    The Hawthorne Project
    Post edited by Bolonkafrauchen on
    vdeaSb2.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top