Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    I've been struck down with a virus this last week, so, I don't know if I'm going to have the time to finish mine :(

Sorry to hear that, @FaithofKaela ! :frowning:
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    I've been struck down with a virus this last week, so, I don't know if I'm going to have the time to finish mine :(

Sorry to hear that, @FaithofKaela ! :frowning:

Yeah, it's been a rough week, but at least I've finally nearly finished House MD! Feeling a bit better today though, looking forward to playing some Division with the hubby this weekend, we'll see what I can get done next week.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    SyddyB206SyddyB206 Posts: 353 Member
    Does there have to be a computer in every home? Does there have to be a musical interments in every home? Does there have to be easels in every home? Does every home have to have all the basic skills in them?
    0TSlsxY.jpg
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    SyddyB206 wrote: »
    Does there have to be a computer in every home? Does there have to be a musical interments in every home? Does there have to be easels in every home? Does every home have to have all the basic skills in them?

The community must have all basic skills provided for (except for rocket science), these can be individual in the 4 residential dwellings, or as part of a series of communal areas:
    - Each community must include readily accessible computers, a vegetable garden, chess tables, a easels, musical instruments, and fitness equipment as well as book cases.

As you can see from the above, as long as the skills are available in the community somewhere, you do not need to incorporate them into each individual home.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 61 - The Hawthorne Project - Disaster Plan
    FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C0F2D432E0D611E687FFCC1F570176B5?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Social living&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 413,795
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHskMvQVHD
    ENTRY DETAILS: The look of the lot was inspired by traditional houses in the Faroe Islands and Iceland. Since I was already in the area I tried to give the interiors a Scandinavian feel too. I wanted to have a community area for the residents that was quite natural and unimposing. I also wanted a good bit of open space so that's why the Community Centre is underground.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
  • Options
    Awesome entry, @folala ! I really feel the pressure now! :smiley:
  • Options
    thanks @StSciurus ! :) Cant wait to see your take on the challenge - I'm quite confident it will be fantastic!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    folala wrote: »
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: folala
    ORIGIN ID: folala
    LOT: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C0F2D432E0D611E687FFCC1F570176B5?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Social living&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 413,795
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://flic.kr/s/aHskMvQVHD
    ENTRY DETAILS: The look of the lot was inspired by traditional houses in the Faroe Islands and Iceland. Since I was already in the area I tried to give the interiors a Scandinavian feel too. I wanted to have a community area for the residents that was quite natural and unimposing. I also wanted a good bit of open space so that's why the Community Centre is underground.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Amazing entry @folala!!!
  • Options
    popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Beautiful entries, everyone. @StSciurus, can't wait to see yours. I'm sure it'd be amazing.

By the way, @BuildnShare I don't have space for a community centre but I've incorporated all the skills items either at an outside common area or the individual homes. I hope that's okay. I think the brief didn't mention that there needs to be another building other than the 4 houses.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Beautiful entries, everyone. @StSciurus, can't wait to see yours. I'm sure it'd be amazing.

By the way, @BuildnShare I don't have space for a community centre but I've incorporated all the skills items either at an outside common area or the individual homes. I hope that's okay. I think the brief didn't mention that there needs to be another building other than the 4 houses.

That is absolutely fine @popettypop2012. Looking forward to seeing how you have incorporated everything :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @FaithofKaela ! :) Hope you're feeling better now.
  • Options
    folala wrote: »
    Thanks @FaithofKaela ! :) Hope you're feeling better now.

I am, thanks hon <3
  • Options
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

FORUM ID:popettypop2012
    ORIGIN ID:popettypop2012
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Japanese Housing Complex
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/CCA512ACE1E911E68EE6A009AE90941D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=popettypop2012&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST:
    TOTAL COST: 286,333
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/kHGfn

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose Japanese style houses, mainly because I love Japanese architecture and design. The colours are mainly neutral with a lot of wood accents. There is a swimming pool, DJ booth, bar, garden, BBQ and kids play area outside. The chess table, easels, musical instruments and bookshelves are scattered amongst the houses.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please. Thank you.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    V7fyohX.png
    cO7Furs.png
  • Options
    Wowza @popettypop2012 - that place looks totally amazing!!!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Totally agree with @FaithofKaela amazing and beautiful creations from your all @popettypop2012 @Anadxer @folala :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Agreed! Amazing entries so far. :smiley: I finally have mine done—and when I say "done", I mean, "I've run out of ideas and am utterly exhausted!" Now all I have left to do is take thousands of pictures, label and organize them into five albums…
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Beautiful creations @popettypop2012 and @folala! I love how you both chose a theme that is based on different culture's architecture! <3
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Wonderful creation @folala !

I love your build @popettypop2012 ! (Because I'm biased with Japanese builds)

Looks like I won't be able to submit an entry this time. I'm too focused on vampires at the moment :D
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    StSciurus wrote: »
    Agreed! Amazing entries so far. :smiley: I finally have mine done—and when I say "done", I mean, "I've run out of ideas and am utterly exhausted!" Now all I have left to do is take thousands of pictures, label and organize them into five albums…
    I can well and truly empathise with you @StSciurus I'm in exactly the same situ as you :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    I'll look forward to your entries in the next challenge (hopefully) @StSciurus and @masajo :)
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    Well, this round of the challenge bested me! I started and have all the shells done for the builds, but I just can't seem to focus on the interiors and getting them done.

I'll keep on going, but it's been so long since I have built anything, that it's just too much!

Loving the entries so far!!!
  • Options
    AnadxerAnadxer Posts: 39 Member
    @folala you build is out of this world. I love the pool.
    @popettypop2012 I love the theme, and design good work.
    00.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @faithofKaela @equuest @Anadxer and @pronterus. I'm glad you guys like it.

Good luck with your builds @StSciurus and @masajo. The pictures always drive me nuts. I don't have that many pictures because my internet is playing up and it takes sooo long to upload anything so I had to be selective.

@FaithofKaela I really love your Scandinavian style housing, I esp love the community area.
  • Options
    GeekMonkey34B21GeekMonkey34B21 Posts: 131 Member
    Don't have time to do this one but everybody's look amazing!! Can't wait to try a future one! Well done guys
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: It Takes a Village
    LOT COST:
    BUILD COST: §975,036
    TOTAL COST:
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: see below

ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the park in Willow Creek to build and therefore was inspired to make a row of four Victorian attached townhouses with a courtyard and community center in the rear. The slideshow for the exterior of the whole lot is here.

In order to furnish the townhouses, I need to envision that families that would be living there:

The 5-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a couple with a teenage son and two twin girls (children). Living with them are the husband’s father (elder) and the father’s neighbor and lifelong friend (another elder male). The house is decorated in a traditional style with warm colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The first 3-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a couple with a toddler (girl) and a teenage son. The house is decorated in a traditional style with warm colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The second 3-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of an abstract expressionist artist (elder female), her daughter and her husband, and their teenage daughter. The house is decorated in a modern style inspired by the work of Mondrian. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The 2-bedroom townhouse is for a family consisting of a gay couple with a teenage daughter. The house is decorate in a modern style using black, white, gray and purple as the chief colors. The slideshow for this townhouse is here.

The community center has everything from soup to nuts (not literally, of course) in it. The slideshow for the community center is here.

My chief regret is that the lot is too complicated to be useful in the game except perhaps for story tellers. **shrugs**

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC

Japu6Ln.png
    3VjKXrR.png
    Post edited by StSciurus on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top