Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #135 Spring Designer Showdown

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DD7FA00615211EA8F1B56A050AF8D5F?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=bns135&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 101,286
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 103,286

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/PdvlURM
    Floorplan ground floor: https://imgur.com/gallery/QB32Hin

DETAILS: I choose the lamp for the design piece. It seemed to be a modern piece, so that is the style I went for. Because it is supposed to be in Spring, I decides to build a modern green house - so lots of plants and garden space. The plans might fit a bit better to a warmer climate, but they looked the best with the modern design, so I stuck with them. Total count of my design piece (the lamp): 38

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please. (Also, I feel like I forgot something, but am not sure what. Ideas?)

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    ]HoKAizt.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • Options
    TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2020
    CHALLENGE #135 - Spring Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: TwtyBrd0707
    ORIGIN ID: FairyGirl_Em_89
    LEVEL: Established??
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bargain Bend
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/18D36BEE624211EA877F91AF13390B02?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns135&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 100,882
    TOTAL COST: 102,882 (in game it says 102,912 ??)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/JgaosRw
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my entry for the Spring Designer Showdown. I used the blue and gold urn as my inspiration. I decided to go for a victorian feel for house. The outside of the house is where I used the blue mostly and the inside has a lot of blue and yellow in reference to the urn. The urn also felt like it was from the victorian era hence the victorian style.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Used some photos #LuckyHeather posted to the gallery
    TWITTER TAG: NA
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/emilybdixon
    TUMBLR LINK: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    avC1vql.png
    fa09YGp.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited March 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    NEW LOT LINK: Nature's Glory
    GALLERY COST: 101,174
    TOTAL COST: 103,174
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xUDyNsk
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to use the lamp, which inspired me to use wood tones throughout, broken up y slashes of color, just as as spring flowers are spots of color against barren ground at the start of spring. I went for a contemporary style and tried to use pieces whose description and look reminded me of the jellyfish lamp, such as the cufflefish sofa and the Laramidian end table.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Features art by roseymow/rosemow.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4JkqbQS.png
    2ybMTm1.png
    image.png
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Ugh...I overlooked the "bargain Bend lot" requirement. Now I've completed my build and my "Dome" won't fit on the lot properly, (Yes, my build was odd) but I'm tired and don't have the energy to come up with something else. I think I will still share my build, if you don't mind, I will just consider myself disqualified. Note to self - always be sure to read the rules :s
  • Options
    AlJay wrote: »
    Ugh...I overlooked the "bargain Bend lot" requirement. Now I've completed my build and my "Dome" won't fit on the lot properly, (Yes, my build was odd) but I'm tired and don't have the energy to come up with something else. I think I will still share my build, if you don't mind, I will just consider myself disqualified. Note to self - always be sure to read the rules :s

Oops! And I thought it was bad the time I mistook the lot size requirement! Yes please do share, Aljay, your builds are always great!
    image.png
  • Options
    lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    @Talea12345 Love the modern jungle feel of your build. The inside is very nicely furnished.

@TwtyBrd0707 What a stunning build! It looks like it fits right in with the neighborhood and feel of Willow Creek

@SimTresa love the kitchen and the open floor plan. Very nicely done

Definitely inspired by the three of you to enter the challenge.

@AlJay Please post anyways! Your stuff is always incredible
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • Options
    @Talea12345 Love the modern jungle feel of your build. The inside is very nicely furnished.

@TwtyBrd0707 What a stunning build! It looks like it fits right in with the neighborhood and feel of Willow Creek

@SimTresa love the kitchen and the open floor plan. Very nicely done

Definitely inspired by the three of you to enter the challenge.

@AlJay Please post anyways! Your stuff is always incredible

Thanks! And please do enter if you have time.
    image.png
  • Options
    BUILD UN-OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fledermaus Bend in Forgotten Hollow
    NEW LOT LINK: Welcome To The Future
    LOT COST: $2000
    GALLERY COST:$100,332.00
    TOTAL COST:$102,332.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Botanist's
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I used Robo as my inspiration. I used the color scheme for the house and carried through the thought of experiments and inventions for scientists from the future. The scientists are more specifically botanists, in keeping with the spring theme, who have decided to venture home after the great apocalypse of the Sim Worlds. Scientist's found a way to survive in space, but unfortunately it is not ideal conditions and this brave family of botanist's are going to see if it is possible for Sims, as well as plant life, to survive in the devastated worlds.
    *disclaimer* I started this build before there was any concern in my mind about the Corona Virus and this build is in no way related to that (Although it has given me much more time for simming :) )
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure! Although it is not necessary to take the time to review my non-entry. I'm sure you will have something to say about following the rules :#
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EhbxraK.png
    mLjbhWl.png
  • Options
    @AlJay I really like how creative you got with your build. It is definitely futuristic.

@SimTresa I love how your house is laid out. I love the outside with all the colorful flowers.

@Talea12345 I like how your build is so modern and how you added in all the plants.
  • Options
    Thank you @TwtyBrd0707
  • Options
    Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    @TwtyBrd0707 I really like the flowerbeds around your build. The layout is done very well and fitting to the style you choose. It fits really well into Willow Creek too. Would have loved to see a bit more clutter, but that is just personal taste

@SimTresa I absolutely love your roofing. It looks so interesting! The colours all go well together, however I would have loved some bright and really colourful accents in the downstairs. I think that would have made it pop a bit more.

@AlJay I love your idea! Love the windows you have choosen. The gardening bot is such a cute idea :) What is the light over the dining room table made out of?
  • Options
    Thanks @Talea12345 The lights in the house are the Unidentified Lamp from Strangerville.
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Stay Calm and Sim on!
    Very nicely done all
  • Options
    Thanks @Talea12345 !
  • Options
    PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    FORUM ID: Pinklady1
    ORIGIN ID: Pinklady633
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Harriet
    NEW LOT LINK: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0F5C717D6DEE11EA8A59F1AA7B1EA5C5?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Pinklady633&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false://
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 100,106
    TOTAL COST: 102,106
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rdwa6Rk
    ENTRY DETAILS: A quaint home with a modern country flair. The interior design use hues of blue with a touch of gold/yellow tones. It includes a large family with fireplace for a heartwarming family gathering. There is also a small study area found in the large living space. A small gardening area is located in the rear of the house as well as a swingset. There is a grilling area provided for a summer family cookout.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC Used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    V5b4ubP.png

UcFvIbZ.png
  • Options
    AntipastiAntipasti Posts: 13 New Member
    Heyo, it's first time participating in something like this and I want to make sure I've followed the rules correctly. Is there a kind soul out there willing to take a quick look at my entry? :)
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    FORUM ID: Shakerella
    ORIGIN ID: Shakerella
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery Link
    GALLERY COST: 101,338
    TOTAL COST: 103,338
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the lamp because I love modern homes. Perhaps I am not great at building them, but I will get better with each build! The lamp sits on a table in the entryway. I playtested the house and everything works. The son wants to be a veterinarian and so his room is full of pet stuff. Especially his favorite, dogs. The daughter is a little older and loves music and being girly. The 4th bedroom is a guest room and also used as a study and family room. There are many activities for the family. A pool, chess table set, swing set, gaming system, books, computers, and television to name some.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc

SPACE FOR PICTURES: XHBYpTl.jpg
    wHsFvRd.jpg
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    Hi @Antipasti is there some way I can help?
  • Options
    > @JojoMOMSTER said:
    > Hi @Antipasti is there some way I can help?

Hi! I've made an entry and posted it to the gallery, but I'm not super familiar with The Sims 4 terminology yet and want to make sure I haven't broken any of the rules/not included something important (Are sleeping spaces beds or rooms? Is there a limit on staircases? What makes a room a study? What is 'laundry'?) I was hoping someone who's good at this would kinda be my proof reader.
  • Options
    @Antipasti I can give you my perspective, though it may not be the same as the judges. Is your gallery ID Antipasti also? I will tour your build if you are just looking for a second set of eyes and then inbox you back. I am not doing this build but have done quite a few.
  • Options
    > @JojoMOMSTER said:
    > @Antipasti I can give you my perspective, though it may not be the same as the judges. Is your gallery ID Antipasti also? I will tour your build if you are just looking for a second set of eyes and then inbox you back. I am not doing this build but have done quite a few.

That would be really appreciated! I get the feeling I'm a bit out of my depth here. My ID is BlkForestK -it's the one called Spring Designer Showdown, creatively.
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    @Talea12345 Your house looks so hidden from the sky view! Neat idea! I love the rocks around the pool area. Such a nice home!
    @TwtyBrd0707 Beautiful home! Love the porch a lot.
    @SimTresa I always say that I'm going to use the sky lights roof trick, and I always forget. Amazing kitchen island!
    @AlJay Your house is freakin amazing! You should just move it to Bargain Bend for this challenge, forget the dome. I know it is a shame because the dome is wow!.. but your house is so awesome!
    @PINKLADY1 I had to go and comment on the gallery after looking at your pictures. You are such a great builder and decorator! Love it!
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    FORUM ID: AntiPasti
    ORIGIN ID: BlkForestK
    LEVEL: First Time Entry
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cookout Lookout
    NEW LOT LINK: The Birdcage
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 100,777
    TOTAL COST: 102,777
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/fcULN3Y
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to use the blue and gold urn for inspiration, and focused on incorporating it's beautiful colour palette, subtle floral detailing, and old fashioned elegance into my home. The shape of the conservatory is also meant to to echo the shape of the urn. I imagine the person who lives here is an older lady who spent most of her life travelling the world, but who now spends her retirement painting and taking long walks with her dogs. There's a spacious master bedroom, a guest room, and a room where her two grandchildren stay when they come to visit. Her painting studio is outside on the balcony so she can enjoy the beautiful spring weather. :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

Bare with me while I figure out how to post photos!
  • Options
    Evidently I haven't been active here long enough to edit my posts or post photos. I apologize :(
  • Options
    Antipasti wrote: »
    Evidently I haven't been active here long enough to edit my posts or post photos. I apologize :(

If you post linkes to your pictures like this: h.tttp://website.com someone can quote yur post and fix it for you so they show up. :) Welcome to BuildnShare!
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top