Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
  • Options
    Nice little drive-thru Reastaurant @iampes23 Somehow, I almost expected a Mustang sticking out of the building. :p
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron definitely gives it character, cookie roofs are supposed to look hand made 😉

@Talea12345 I use a laptop but gave up on trackpad and hot keys.....my advice, just buy another mouse, even a cheap one better than none!
  • Options
    sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    @Mikkiness Thank you so much, that means a lot!

@Talea12345 Definitely agree with AliSim19. There's usually some cheap mouses at the store if you have a chance to get one :)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #128 Whimsyville Video Arcade
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs, 30x20
    NEW LOT LINK: The Button Masher Arcade
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $185,004
    TOTAL COST: $187,004
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Button Masher Arcade Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Inspired by all of your clever builds, I finally had an idea for a giant ‘something’ – welcome to the Button Masher Arcade! It has a video arcade with both retro and the latest tech, plus an internet cafe, a bar and a skate park. I deliberately used in game glitching to try to create a light up console top – it doesn’t look as good in the stills but I *think* the effect works in game….I liked it anyway lol

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    4xuYJ93.png

PW9v8Mc.png
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Catching up on all the builds is as much fun as creating them! So here goes...

@SimTresa I love your whimsical landscaping for the Drive In, clever way of doing it! I was thinking how much I'd like to visit until you mentioned the public restroom - somehow just telling me this one was clean made me think how horrid they can be sometimes :D Guess I'll just have to stay in the car until the movie ends haha

@Taoron That's an awesome library!! The huge book is so clever but adore that entry way too, and those reading nooks are sooo cute - have to admit that looking down the Rabbit Hole made me feel a little sick though lol. My highly critical assistant designer (who with an 11yr olds frankness bluntly dismisses most of my ideas as 'lame') adored the entire build - apart from slight outrage at the fact that you'd used one of the same pieces of Aljay's amazing NOCC art that we'd put in the thrift store.....seems to have no problem on the other 6579 items that we all share though :D Nothing is ever going to beat the book but your cookie roof comes close - I love the whole bakery (I mean seriously, who couldn't love fudge bars for awning??) but that roof...... <3

@Talea12345 Your imagination is fantastic - I hadn't got a clue what to do with a bus station but you aced it! The toilets here look a bit grotty too though, looks like I'm waiting until I get home :D I'll be stopping off at your Mushroom Cafe first though, that is adorable!

@AlJay Even your whimsical build is so pretty and put together! Truly beautiful <3 you have a such a great eye for style and colour it wasn't a surprise to learn what you do for a living :) Love the clever combs, scissors and immense barber pole too, just fab.

@WILDFLOWER1971 I adored your church at first view, the whole build is just inspiring - you clearly have a beautiful soul 😇😇

@CaleSims I guess the weather near you is the same as near me, way too cold and wet most of the time to have an outdoor school :/ I would have loved to attended your Whimsyville school - my favourite bit is still the light up numbers for each grade though :)

@iampes23 Your Pet Lover's Village is so clever and pretty! I don't really play with pets but I might get one just so I can find a reason to download your store <3 And The Fry Box - such a great idea and seriously, you even made a box of fries pretty?? You and @aljay are a matched pair - so clever!

@matchmaker Anther amazing imagination - no way I could have thought of all of that, it's fantastic and so well done! I want to see those air traffic controllers parachuting in now too haha

@Mikkiness I am in love with your Petting Zoo, the whole thing is super adorable! My assistant designer's favourite piece of CC is that chicken coop so you get complete thumbs up from her too (in fact I think she's already downloaded it!). You can move into the library, I'm moving into the Petting Zoo lol. You get a total win for the slide show though, think you've just overtaken @Talea12345 research station one....Under the Sea completely stole the show :D And your idea for Gnome More Tears is simply random whimsy at it's best....although I only get one pic in the slideshow is that right?

• Options
    @Mikkiness I was sure I'd posted to thank you for your lovely comments on our builds but looking back through I haven't seen it so.....thank you so much :) The bedsit was totally my daughter, she had the hugest smile when I read her your comment so thank you for that too!
  • Options
    AliSim19 wrote: »

@Taoron That's an awesome library!! The huge book is so clever but adore that entry way too, and those reading nooks are sooo cute - have to admit that looking down the Rabbit Hole made me feel a little sick though lol. My highly critical assistant designer (who with an 11yr olds frankness bluntly dismisses most of my ideas as 'lame') adored the entire build - apart from slight outrage at the fact that you'd used one of the same pieces of Aljay's amazing NOCC art that we'd put in the thrift store.....seems to have no problem on the other 6579 items that we all share though :D Nothing is ever going to beat the book but your cookie roof comes close - I love the whole bakery (I mean seriously, who couldn't love fudge bars for awning??) but that roof...... <3

I'm in the middle of an insomnia episode. Just finished a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and wondering why I'm having coffee at 5am, when I've been up all night, and pretty miserable about it. You just opened my eyes and made me laugh...a lot. Just the adoration and approval of an 11 year old, makes me feel as if it was a job well done.

The cookies. They may be what's not letting me sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see cookies. I feel like Sybil. The cookies! The cookies!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Thank your 11 year old for making me smile and laugh.

I'm just seeing your arcade, for the first time. What a great idea! Absolutely some 'whimsical' in that. As a child of the 70s and teen of the 80s, who spend most of his time in actual arcades, I have to give that one much love.

• Options
    @Taoron I feel your pain - I gave up at 4.30 this morning and 6 hours later it’s finally time for work!
    Glad we brightened your day a little 😁 And thank you so much, I was also that child so this build was double fun haha
  • Options
    wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @AliSim19 What a clever idea to make an arcade look like a game cabinet!
  • Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    edited October 2019
    FORUM ID: equuest
    ORIGIN ID: equesstrian
    LEVEL: First official entry since I messed up my last entry (or at least in a long time)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: (Which lot did you build on?): Tranquil Crescent, 30x30
    NEW LOT LINK: Blossom Park
    LOT COST: §2,500
    GALLERY COST: §93,348
    TOTAL COST: §95,848
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Blossom Park was created with whimsy and sims of all ages in mind. With a floral theme there are plenty of activities for your sims to do.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure :)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    WAkmW11.png
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you so much @AliSim19 :)
  • Options
    SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    I know I'm coming down to the wire again, but I wanted to share an in-progress shot (still have to do a lot of landscaping; the building interiors/exteriors are finished). I'm so happy with this build I want to cry. T_T

Y0EsAbu.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I am running so low on ideas for this post office i might just not finish it. Seems pretty empty inside I think.

XaQcWxW.png
    1duOaCJ.png
    image.png
  • Options
    @wendyology thank you so much 😊

@equuest what beautiful gardens, I could happily spend hours in there! Those flower roofs (rooves?? I never know!) look so fantastic, great work! 😊

@SimsIslandheart Oh please power through, I know you can do it! Your build is so creative, I can’t wait to see the inside too!

@SimTresa You too girl, I know you’ve got this! The inside looks good but yep, somehow does look to be a bit short on your usual detail - probably predictable from me but maybe some colour?? Bring the 🌈!!! 😁
  • Options
    @wendyology thank you so much 😊

@equuest what beautiful gardens, I could happily spend hours in there! Those flower roofs (rooves?? I never know!) look so fantastic, great work! 😊

@SimsIslandheart Oh please power through, I know you can do it! Your build is so creative, I can’t wait to see the inside too!

@SimTresa You too girl, I know you’ve got this! The inside looks good but yep, somehow does look to be a bit short on your usual detail - probably predictable from me but maybe some colour?? Bring the 🌈!!! 😁

Thanks. I may end up with all the color in the landscaping.
    image.png
  • Options
    MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    I only get one pic in the slideshow is that right?

???

Ahhh???

No???

!!!

(have fixed now, I think, but thanks for waking me up properly lol - no idea what the issue was)
    owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    NEW LOT LINK: Whimseyville Post Office
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 40,767
    TOTAL COST: 49,947 (Descrepancy due to artwork)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/QLc5xzP
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Whimsyville post office may be small, but this gives it a more personal feel, where customers can be assured the employees care about them and will handle thier mail with care. The break room is narrow but has space for a fridge, coffee pot and microwave as well as a TV, bookcase and stereo for use during breaks.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none Art credits; JUWELS64 and Michan8
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    DbydBcO.png
    DNFKXkT.png
    image.png
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot)

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rippling Flats in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Here
    LOT COST: §3,000
    GALLERY COST: §467,252
    TOTAL COST: §470,252
    ENTRY DETAILS: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Well, why don't you quit all that racket and get yourself to the Cone of No Shame Creamery! With ample seating, both inside and out, several facilities to make a quick pitstop, and an ice skating rink - yes, an ice skating rink! - there really is no better place to stuff yourself on a dish of Forgotten Marshmallow, Magic Realm Ripple, or Willow Creek Crunch. Oh, and, while you're there, be sure to check out the gift shop. You too can go home with a Freezer Bunny or Coolala of your own!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0vFOTfa.png

uwAzn0J.png
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    I cannot express how very happy I am to see so many people participating on this community build! I may have to think up some more :D Great job everyone! So many, many wonderful builds! They are all inspiring in their own way, and this will be one heck of a town to live in (if we only had a world big enough for them all).

And thanks to those who wrote kind words about my two builds!
  • Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    I have a brain tumor and I started experiencing some headaches and neck pain and nausea a couple weeks ago. Started taking a new medication to help but the side effect is tingling in the fingers and feet. It's been difficult to work on my entry but I'm very close to finishing my lot. So I don't think I'll have my entry posted until tomorrow. I hope that's okay.

I'm blown away by all of the entries. They look so fun and I can't wait to have them in my game! Great work everyone!
  • Options
    I have a brain tumor and I started experiencing some headaches and neck pain and nausea a couple weeks ago. Started taking a new medication to help but the side effect is tingling in the fingers and feet. It's been difficult to work on my entry but I'm very close to finishing my lot. So I don't think I'll have my entry posted until tomorrow. I hope that's okay.

I'm blown away by all of the entries. They look so fun and I can't wait to have them in my game! Great work everyone!

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've b3ene feeling so bad, Archer_Girl. It's perfectly fine, the community lots can still be built after the challenge officially ends, they'll just be in a new thread. Don't feel you have to rush to finish.
    image.png
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Take care of yourself @Archer_Girl
  • Options
    Please take care of yourself @Archer_Girl =(

Great looking lots @Rostri-Jodu & @SimTresa
  • Options
    MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2019
    FORUM ID: Mikkiness
    ORIGIN ID: PrettyPuzzle
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Civic Cliffs
    NEW LOT LINK: Web-gallery seems to be down for me atm, but it should be available either by searching prettypuzzle (there's no CC at all this time) or through the in-game gallery. I've got torun out for a bit, but I'll try add a link this evening if it's playing nice by then.
    LOT COST: 2k
    GALLERY COST: 178,952
    TOTAL COST: 180,952
    ENTRY DETAILS: I can explain how my city hall for #BNS128 became a hedge maze. What I can't really explain is how it become a loving take on a labyrinthine underworld*. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this Whimsyville entry evoking the halls of the dead.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Always :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    None!
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Ip7jTnf.png
    t87RzUl.png

*Probably we can blame my desire to make a Dread Gazebo reference, though.
    owEyOd7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top