December 6 - It's Friday. What does it mean in The Sims forums? Time to highlight some awesim discussions!
December 5 - It's patch day for The Sims 4 on console! Read the patch notes here.

Build-n-Share Challenge #132 - Triple the Joy** Due 13th December 2019**

Comments

  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    edited November 14
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville (Residential/Sims)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Got them replaced without the two custom buffs that were showing up before. Von-Windenburg

    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/JT8Qmnp (Still working on it, sorry.)
    ENTRY DETAILS: Friedrich Von-Windenburg is the family's patriarch and a widower, though being a romantic, he still has an active social life now that he is done grieving. He's also a snob and likes to look good except when he's relaxing at home with his family, then his clothes tend toward casual comfort. He still has some old-fashioned views about what's fashionable, and interestingly enough prefers the color green to red.
    Heinrich looks quite a bit like his father and likes to be in charge, which probably serves him well in his business career. He and his wife Adalheid are still verty much in love and he loves spending time with his children when he can, though his father belives that's the nanny's job. He doesn't understand how his heir, Richard, could have turned out to be lazy and irresponsible.
    Adalheid wasn't born into money, but she enjoys all the benefits it provides - namely the ability to throw lavish parties on a whim and donate to all her favoirte charities. She likes to wear nice clothes and enjoys an excuse to dress up.
    Richard is going through a bit of a goth phase, preferring to wear mostly black. He loves nothing more than to spend the day listening to or playing music, preferrably somethinng of his own creation.
    Sara is, as her name implies, a little princess, a girly girl who loves pink and would rather draw or tell stories about her dolls than play sports or roll around int he dirt. This doesn't mean she's queamish though, she can't afford to be with an older brother who loves to tease her.
    Stefan is the spoiled baby of the family who is always into everything in his quest to learn all he can about the world around him. His favorite toys are dinosaurs and trains. He deosn't really have a preference in clothes yet, happily wearing whatever cute outfit his parents choose for him.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes pleasez
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    co7rMY2.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 3,316 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 3,316 Member
    edited November 14
    AmhCDLM.png

    Munching on brownies the "Box" family gave you as a thank you, you think back on the last few hectic months of building. You actually have a few hours of quiet today. Not that you aren't keeping busy, as you have just rearranged the furniture in your office so that more natural light hits your desk. You swallow the last bite of brownie just as Karl knocks on the door. Feeling a bit like the cat that swallowed the canary, you open the office door yourself. Karl steps in and closes the door behind him.

    "Uhm...," Karl whispers, looking shaken. "I think there is a cult in the lobby wanting to see you."

    You laugh out loud. "Well, it would be something different!" You motion for him to show them in.

    Karl ushers in four people in unusual clothing. The two men are wearing plain, homespun overalls. The two women are wearing long, plain dresses. Somehow the outfits remind you of the Amish and Mennonite cultures, but you can see why Karl thought they were part of a cult.
    "Welcome! Won't you please have a seat," you greet the foursome with a smile.

    They sit down, and one of them introduces the group. "Thank you. This is Rayne Collins," the man says, pointing to a raven-haired, younger woman. "Mr. and Mrs. Ankit Patel. And I am Anders Hans. We are all foster parents, and Mrs. Patel and I are also social workers. We have been lucky enough to get the go-ahead for a new youth camp. We would love for you to design it for us."

    "I would be delighted to design it," you say without hesitation, immediately starting to take notes. "How many children will be involved? And is it a day camp or an overnight camp?"

    "We are hoping to have up to 30 youths a day, with about 15 to 20 of them staying at night," Mrs. Patel tells you in a brisk manner. "The camp is really going to be a working farm that will help the teens connect with the earth and plants and learn some real life skills."

    "But..." Mr. Patel hesitates. "well, some of the teens will be troubled youths from the detention system. And some of the foster kids will be known run-aways as well. Unfortunately, we will need high fences around the farm. If you can camouflage the fences in any way, we would be grateful. It would be awful for the kids to be discouraged by the fences as soon as they saw the place. But it is a necessary precaution."

    You nod at him. "I understand. So, concealed fences, large garden plot... Will there be animals?"

    "Heavens, no!" exclaims Miss Collins. "Keeping up with the teens will be bad enough!" She laughs easily. "We will need two different houses or wings for sleeping and bathing, each with enough room for 10 boys or girls. Two beds maximum per room, to keep conflicts down and give some privacy to the kids. Each wing or house also needs a bedroom and en suite for an adult or adult couple. The main building will house a cafeteria and four classrooms."

    Mr. Hans adds, "Could you add a rec room as well? The kids will need a way to unwind. And tons of storage for games, sports equipment, etc." He pauses and thinks. "A small office. Oh, and a shed for the gardening tools. I think that is it..." He looks around expectantly, and the others nod.

    "Okay," you murmur, looking over your notes. "That is all do-able. I can get all that done in two week/four weeks. What is the budget?"

    "We have $150,000. Will that be enough?" Mr. Hans asks nervously.

    "I can make that work," you assure them, mentally noting to donate the cost of the lot.

    They all express their thanks on the way out. You immediately call Karl in to start looking for a suitably large lot for your new project.

    The Brief:
    • The budget is $150,000. Do not include the cost of the lot in the budget this round.
    • Use a 30x40 or larger lot.
    • Must include a garden area and a shed.
    • Either 2 wings of a large building OR 2 different buildings for the sleeping quarters, each with a master bedroom and en suite plus five other bedrooms with two beds each and either public bathrooms or enough bathrooms for the 10 kids per building
    • The main building must include: a cafeteria, a small office, public restrooms, a rec room with lots of storage, and 4 classrooms.
    • Enclose the lot in a tall fence. Camouflage the fence as best you can.

    Room Challenge: Create the cafeteria with seating for at least 20 people. The budget is $25,000.

    Sims Challenge: Create one or two of the adults and three of the teens for the farm, showing them working in the garden and enjoying the other parts of the farm. Include their likes, skills, and pictures of their clothing choices.


    Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS131 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be considered for Maxis Fave nomination
    The deadline for this challenge is 27th November 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]

    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 224 Member
    So many amazing builds and sims submitted last night! I'm glad so many of us beat the crunch.
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 1,116 Member
    Indeed! Great work everyone. So many great builds!
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    For sure! Loved seeing everyones take on whimsical builds. This was a fun challenge.
  • LunalaWolfLunalaWolf Posts: 8 New Member
    Can I still post my Whimsyville build without being entered into the challenge? I'm afraid I've been dealing with a family medical problem the last week and haven't had time to make my post (build is complete though, actually I even have a back up).
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 3,316 Member
    edited November 15
    fcuRqPI.png


    Starting Out entrants for #BNS129, your results can be found
    here

    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 121 Member
    edited November 15
    EDIT:
    Got it to work! Scrapping and then reinstalling everything worked out.

    Anyone else struggling with the update and Legacy Edition? My computer is barely three years old and has 64-bits, but the game keeps trying to force me to install the legacy edition 🙈 I manually changed the game to 64-bits and now it keeps crashing... so I might be out for this challenge unless EA miraculously fixes things anytime soon....
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling with the update and Legacy Edition? My computer is barely three years old and has 64-bits, but the game keeps trying to force me to install the legacy edition 🙈 I manually changed the game to 64-bits and now it keeps crashing... so I might be out for this challenge unless EA miraculously fixes things anytime soon....

    Have you tried asking for help at answers.ea.com? You can also see if anyone is having the same problem
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 121 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling with the update and Legacy Edition? My computer is barely three years old and has 64-bits, but the game keeps trying to force me to install the legacy edition 🙈 I manually changed the game to 64-bits and now it keeps crashing... so I might be out for this challenge unless EA miraculously fixes things anytime soon....

    Have you tried asking for help at answers.ea.com? You can also see if anyone is having the same problem

    I did. There are a few people with the same problem and they are working on fixing it. But my experience with EA doing that is that it usually takes a few weeks. I deinstalled the game and am right now reinstalling everything (only two more hours to go! Yay!) Hopefully that helps
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling with the update and Legacy Edition? My computer is barely three years old and has 64-bits, but the game keeps trying to force me to install the legacy edition 🙈 I manually changed the game to 64-bits and now it keeps crashing... so I might be out for this challenge unless EA miraculously fixes things anytime soon....

    Have you tried asking for help at answers.ea.com? You can also see if anyone is having the same problem

    I did. There are a few people with the same problem and they are working on fixing it. But my experience with EA doing that is that it usually takes a few weeks. I deinstalled the game and am right now reinstalling everything (only two more hours to go! Yay!) Hopefully that helps

    Crossing my fingers for you.
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 121 Member
    I was just looking through the results from the last few challenges and noticed that there don't seem to be any expert results past the BnS124 Challenge. I looked through this thread just to make sure I didn't skip any announcements... so, what am I missing?
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 111 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    I was just looking through the results from the last few challenges and noticed that there don't seem to be any expert results past the BnS124 Challenge. I looked through this thread just to make sure I didn't skip any announcements... so, what am I missing?

    I was wondering about this too, i thought maybe i missed something but i see i'm not the only one wondering :p
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 224 Member
    Quick question, for the foster challenge... Am I gearing the camp to just teens or is is children and teens?
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 121 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    Challenge #131 - Fostering the Future

    FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

    LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0C89F896093511EA8F52342C8609C7AD?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BnS131&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 22,575

    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/NVMMUm8

    ENTRY DETAILS: The cafeteria. I wish I could build that big of a cafeteria in my main build, but money is way tighter in that one!

    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: The kitchen that can be seen through the window was made by Cluttersim

    TWITTER TAG: /
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: /
    TUMBLR LINK: /

    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fjomUfO.png
    1jXpA4j.png
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 121 Member
    wendyology wrote: »
    Quick question, for the foster challenge... Am I gearing the camp to just teens or is is children and teens?

    I used mainly kids stuff. There is way more play equipment/decoration. I tried to do some teen things, but I wouldn't know what to do with them besides plopping down some benches and computers (which would have exploded my budget). I am affraid most of the teens I know are terribly boring :blush:
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 224 Member
    @Talea12345 I'm leaning more towards teens, unless I hear otherwise.

    That said, they'd probably haaaaaaaattttttttte my place for the first week or so. It's out on the island in Windenburg so probably their phones don't work so well and I think my computers will be limited. I wonder if "unplug" is being quietly mentioned to RL parents as a camp feature.

    I'll make sure there's lots of other stuff to do.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 111 Member
    Also this challenge is harrrddd xD the budget is killing me =) hahaha
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    edited November 18
    A thought: Teens can use the swings and monkey bars the same as kids can, and like lounging int he kidde pool if you hvve Seasons. Maybe some enjoy painting or playing chess or cards. That gives you some more activities. Don't Wake the Llama is also for all ages.
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 111 Member
    What are you guys doing with the classrooms?
    I thought of making a painting class, but for how many students per class?
    30 youths a day? all at the same time in class? about 8 per room?
    so 8 easels? cheapest is 350, so 8 times that plus one for the teacher, but maybe skip that one so ehh 2800 +other stuff, for one classroom.
    Afraid im gonna have to start over again since im running out of money ahhaha xD
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    Devilariah wrote: »
    What are you guys doing with the classrooms?
    I thought of making a painting class, but for how many students per class?
    30 youths a day? all at the same time in class? about 8 per room?
    so 8 easels? cheapest is 350, so 8 times that plus one for the teacher, but maybe skip that one so ehh 2800 +other stuff, for one classroom.
    Afraid im gonna have to start over again since im running out of money ahhaha xD

    How about basing the number on the largest amount of sims you can have in a group? Or make it five if you have Get Together and pretnt ehy're a club.
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 111 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Devilariah wrote: »
    What are you guys doing with the classrooms?
    I thought of making a painting class, but for how many students per class?
    30 youths a day? all at the same time in class? about 8 per room?
    so 8 easels? cheapest is 350, so 8 times that plus one for the teacher, but maybe skip that one so ehh 2800 +other stuff, for one classroom.
    Afraid im gonna have to start over again since im running out of money ahhaha xD

    How about basing the number on the largest amount of sims you can have in a group? Or make it five if you have Get Together and pretnt ehy're a club.

    how many can you have in a group xD?
    i mainly build lol...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 2,190 Member
    Devilariah wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Devilariah wrote: »
    What are you guys doing with the classrooms?
    I thought of making a painting class, but for how many students per class?
    30 youths a day? all at the same time in class? about 8 per room?
    so 8 easels? cheapest is 350, so 8 times that plus one for the teacher, but maybe skip that one so ehh 2800 +other stuff, for one classroom.
    Afraid im gonna have to start over again since im running out of money ahhaha xD

    How about basing the number on the largest amount of sims you can have in a group? Or make it five if you have Get Together and pretnt ehy're a club.

    how many can you have in a group xD?
    i mainly build lol...

    You know what, I can't actually remember. Know it's 8 to travel...
    gHZmPMU.jpg?2
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 111 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Devilariah wrote: »
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Devilariah wrote: »
    What are you guys doing with the classrooms?
    I thought of making a painting class, but for how many students per class?
    30 youths a day? all at the same time in class? about 8 per room?
    so 8 easels? cheapest is 350, so 8 times that plus one for the teacher, but maybe skip that one so ehh 2800 +other stuff, for one classroom.
    Afraid im gonna have to start over again since im running out of money ahhaha xD

    How about basing the number on the largest amount of sims you can have in a group? Or make it five if you have Get Together and pretnt ehy're a club.

    how many can you have in a group xD?
    i mainly build lol...

    You know what, I can't actually remember. Know it's 8 to travel...

    Think im gonna settle for 6 in class + teacher haha, thnq you though! =)
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top