Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    I won't be able to make the Ice Cream Shop, best of luck to all of you!

If possible, I'd like to throw my hat in for this location. I'd be building it on the Rippling Flats lot. Thank you!

• Options
    ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    @Allears Thanks!
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Mikkiness Thank you for your lovely compliments! I agree with you, the ROM windows are beautiful... and interesting as well. And as soon as I added the ROM fridge to the kitchen and chose the 'stainless steel' coloring for it... I wanted it in my own kitchen and it instantly became one of the items I would not consider for downgrade if needed for those tough budget cuts in the end. ;)<3

@AliSim19 Super cute and whimsical town layout!! <3 Love it!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    XenamiXenami Posts: 160 Member
    I would like to try a clock shop!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Rangerlucy wrote: »
    I would like to do the park. :smiley:
    psykt wrote: »
    I won't be able to make the Ice Cream Shop, best of luck to all of you!

If possible, I'd like to throw my hat in for this location. I'd be building it on the Rippling Flats lot. Thank you!
    Xenami wrote: »
    I would like to try a clock shop!

All added! Sorry you've had to withdraw, @psykt.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    So a couple of questions - I’m virtually done with my build, although still need to do slideshow - do I post like a normal entry? And then can I just say which one I’d like to try next? (Two weeks to kill with my newfound building addiction, I’ve got to try another right??!)

@equuest Love those flower buildings, clever!
    @Taoron So cute! Not sure I’m hitting whimsical inside but you’ve nailed it! 💖
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    AliSim19 wrote: »

Too sweet. Thank you. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm having some pictures made now for it, as well.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    So a couple of questions - I’m virtually done with my build, although still need to do slideshow - do I post like a normal entry? And then can I just say which one I’d like to try next? (Two weeks to kill with my newfound building addiction, I’ve got to try another right??!)

@equuest Love those flower buildings, clever!

Yes to both.
    image.png
  • Options
    The toy store is coming right along. Just had to share this sneak peak after all the work I put into it.
    fN5OqDv.png

And the change I had to make so the sign would be visible int he morning. Thoughts? Should I leave it as is or make the lower part the same color?
    SjVWBa8.png
    image.png
  • Options
    @SimTresa Thank you 😊And you made a toy box haha, love it!! That rainbow lettering is awesome 🌈😁😁 Personally I’d keep the two tone, think it makes the sign stand out better in the day light. (I was inspired by your rainbow nursery for my build this time btw, we’ll have rainbows everywhere!)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited September 2019
    Loving all these whimsical builds! <3 This concludes the initial sign-up period for this challenge. At this time, you are welcome to claim an additional building to work on. Please only have one building claimed at a time to give others a chance to participate. Thanks, and let us know if you have any questions.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #128: Whimsyville

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F1E165FDDBED11E980E13A1BE21D5EF6?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns128&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: BnS128 Railroad Diner
    BUILD COST: 66,549

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/b8fzq8b

DETAILS: Welcome to the Abandoned Railroad Diner. Traditionally Diners where small informal restaurants situated next to railroads and other large trade routes, so the owners of this old railroad depot thought to go with the theme when their depot found itself in the middle of a newly zoned residential zone....

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    hiTY6C0.png
    spYOm8S.png
  • Options
    I'd like my second build to be a research station please
  • Options

Well, I guess I am done building already, so here it is:

> CHALLENGE #128: Whimsyville

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6D4DFAF7DBEC11E98BCD3A1BE21D5EF6?category=all&searchtype=item_name&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns128&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: BnS128 Research Station
    BUILD COST: 360,386

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/05xHYl4

DETAILS: Turns out building a whimsy research lab isn't the easiest task, but I did my best: This is RS128. You are probably guessing what that stands for? Well, it basically says Research Station on 128. 128th is the road we are on... but don't tell anyone, the guys here like to keep their secrets! Kinda like Area 51, which you know, is the Government Testing Area 51. Just with the difference that we actually have Alien plants here.... ups, I wasn't supposed to tell you that I guess?! Hmmmm, well, I can show you around the public areas today and if you promise to keep RS128th secrets I might be able to show you what we have in our domes.... maybe.... with a signed confidentiality agreement....

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    DLhnxCs.png
    owNvDfV.png
  • Options
    @SimTresa Thank you 😊And you made a toy box haha, love it!! That rainbow lettering is awesome 🌈😁😁 Personally I’d keep the two tone, think it makes the sign stand out better in the day light. (I was inspired by your rainbow nursery for my build this time btw, we’ll have rainbows everywhere!)

:) Thanks! ANd I agree with you. Glad I insipried you! Rainbows are great fun aren't they?
    image.png
  • Options
    LD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #128 - Whimsyville (Community Lot)

FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Beech Byway
    NEW LOT LINK: The Toy Box
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 82,850
    TOTAL COST: 84,850
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/cuAZwqN
    ENTRY DETAILS: Originally, this build was inspired by the giant toybox prop from Get Famous. When I couldn't find a way to get the roof (lid) to look right, I switched to the closed lid version. Though the gallery shows it has 2 levels, it actually only has one, the upper level existing to give the illusion of a deep toybox with handles on the sides. The toys available are varied, though in most cases only one version of each is actually offered. I imagine merchandise would be swapped out as items are sold.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes pleased
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    fN5OqDv.png
    kPSazmp.png
    image.png
  • Options
    sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    @Talea12345 Both of your builds look amazing. The railroad diner is super creative.

@SimTresa So cute and creative!
  • Options
    sgemm wrote: »
    @Talea12345 Both of your builds look amazing. The railroad diner is super creative.

@SimTresa So cute and creative!

Thanks!
    image.png
  • Options
    CHALLENGE #128 Whimsyville Thrift Store
    FORUM ID: Alisim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres, 40x30
    NEW LOT LINK: Another Sim’s Treasure
    LOT COST: $3,000
    GALLERY COST: $257,226
    TOTAL COST: $260,226
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Another Sim’s Treasure Slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I think I might have driven straight through Whimsyville and on to Absurdia with this but it’s been such good fun!! So many items that’s I’ve never found a use for before (who knew that Flower Power lights spin around??!) and probably never will again haha, and lots of playing with resize and moveobjects.
    So welcome to the whimsical world of Another Sim's Treasure, an eclectic thrift store collective where there's a preloved bargain for everysim...... made up of four different stores that each sell different kinds of items, with a small bedsit apartment above for when the owner needs a well deserved break. Like any proper treasure trove, sometimes sims will have to wait until one item has been moved/sold before they can get to the one they’ve spied. Sadly I couldn’t make the photos show the spinning flowers or the bubbles coming out of the water but it’s a fun store to play in game 😊

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used. NOCC artwork by Aljay2000
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    V5abc8E.png

MKchI7m.png
  • Options
    MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited September 2019
    Okay. I'm working on some rooftop gardens atm for the petting zoo.

I've got a roof I can't decide which way to go on, so can I grab some opinions?

6wHCTfD.png

So I've extended the roofline while I try to do a compare and contrast, and it's only go to be as big as the area between the white columns, alternating black and red lines. I'm just not sure whether to place reeds down on the two black rows, or bushes up on the three red rows.

3pOnabL.png

Same roof, just overhead.

Any thoughts which looks nicer here?

owEyOd7.png
  • Options
    @Talea12345 two great builds! Your slideshow for the research station is my favourite thing though, made me giggle the whole way through, so clever 😂😂

@SimTresa rainbows inside too haha, love it! Not sure I’d ever get my sim kids out of your store, they’d be in heaven!

@Mikkiness I like both of them! From the side view I’d chose the reeds, from the top view the bushes.....overall I think the reeds pips it for me but only just
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @BuildnShare After much squabbling discussion with my daughter we’d like to try the theatre build next please
  • Options
    If I ever recover from this travel day (9hour flight, a 8 hour layover due to delays, 2 hour flight and then another two to three hours by different trains) I would like to do a bus station. Hope that is ok :)
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @Talea12345 two great builds! Your slideshow for the research station is my favourite thing though, made me giggle the whole way through, so clever 😂😂

Thank you! I had a lot of fun building that one

@Mikkiness I like the reeds better I think. They offer a better contrast when looking from the side, which is how people would see it from the street I guess
  • Options

@SimTresa rainbows inside too haha, love it! Not sure I’d ever get my sim kids out of your store, they’d be in heaven!

@Mikkiness I like both of them! From the side view I’d chose the reeds, from the top view the bushes.....overall I think the reeds pips it for me but only just

Thanks! And your thrift store looks like a fun place to spend hours exploring! I love the idea of the bedsit apartment!
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top