March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Laireen35 wrote: »
    As far as I know Google Photos IS Picasa... Bc I tried to login to my picasa account and it took me to Google Photos...

That's correct! Picasa uploads to Google Photos. Google has been consolidating their more popular services and sidelining their less-popular ones.

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member

I'm not really proud of this one, as I don't feel it was my best work and know I skimped on décor and landscaping in an attempt to stay under budget. It feels like it needs more. But I really wanted to do the sim challenge, and they needed a house, so here it is...

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #99 Back To Their Roots
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Rippling Flats
    LOT COST: 3,000
    LOT NAME: Morning Glory Farm
    BUILD COST: 81,953
    TOTAL COST: 84,953
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/i9oguDQ
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's a country style house with two beds and two bathrooms. Mr. and Dr. Chen take turns using the study for meeting with clients and patients. The guest bedroom can easily be converted into a nursery. The loft provides a look down into the living room, but it can also be extended out over the open area if more room is needed.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    yVJ6Dpk.png
    yiiQ8gt.png

SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: TresaofPern
    ORIGIN ID: TresaofPern
    LEVEL:Established
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/541B21C886D611E884870BD7C32EF32B (Note: This gives Dr. Chen's name as Xiaolin instead of Xiaolian, a typo I didn't catch in time. I decided not to replace the one on the gallery over a minor error.)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/T0cNtv3
    ENTRY DETAILS: Wei and Xiaolian Chen were High School sweethearts who grew up in the city, attended the same University and married after graduation. They continued to live and work in the city until they both agreed it was time to leave the fast paced hustle and bustle of the city for the slower pace, clean air and sense of community to be found in the country. They bought a farmhouse where Wei can garden between clients and Xaiolian can prepare herbal remedies for her patients. She tends the small herb garden herself as well. Wei believes every farm should have a dog and is working on convincing Xaiolian.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: www.facebook.com/cindy.cherry1
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Y0lDnIV.png
    Ou5F9tG.png
    image.png
  • FruUtterFruUtter Posts: 128 Member
    NOTE: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links. Therefore I can not post links here.

FORUM ID: FruUtter
    ORIGIN ID: FruUtter
    LEVEL: Established or Expert
    LOT: Light House, Winderburg

LOT NAME: French Country Farmhouse

BUILD COST: lot value in build mode 71,304

TOTAL COST: 84, 408

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/Arae1HL

ENTRY DETAILS: Dr. Chen and Mr. Chen each have their office since they need income before they learn how to be self sufficient. Simple living means ability to have a lot of time that they can spend together in the games and music room as well as in the lovely garden with many plants. Also the couple did all the renovation themselves. Dr. Chen is into herbalism and her medicin. And Mr. Chen is helping the village folks with legal issues.

In the ample garden grow many differnt plants as well as the cowplant.

Masterbedroom and nursery Two Offices, games room, wash room, BathroomStyle and design are modern yet country.Simple life with baking, gardening, playing musicm shack and cardsSpecial feature: baking table.

NOTE! Place MOO or the carpet in the kitchen will remove columns (EA-bugg)

Entry to #BnS99, #farm, #countryside, #family, #rural#newengland#FRENCH #COUNTRY#FARMHOUSE::: #FruUtter

Gallery link: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
    PLS VISIT my Catalogue in the gallery

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: no thanks :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    TWITTER TAG: -
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: -
    TUMBLR LINK: fruutter.tumblr.com
  • FidgetyAtomFidgetyAtom Posts: 128 Member
    edited July 2018
    FruUtter wrote: »
    NOTE: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links. Therefore I can not post links here.

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/Arae1HL

ENTRY DETAILS: Dr. Chen and Mr. Chen each have their office since they need income before they learn how to be self sufficient. Simple living means ability to have a lot of time that they can spend together in the games and music room as well as in the lovely garden with many plants. Also the couple did all the renovation themselves. Dr. Chen is into herbalism and her medicin. And Mr. Chen is helping the village folks with legal issues.

Masterbedroom and nursery Two Offices, games room, wash room, BathroomStyle and design are modern yet country.Simple life with baking, gardening, playing musicm shack and cardsSpecial feature: baking table.

Entry to #BnS99, #farm, #countryside, #family, #rural#newengland#FRENCH #COUNTRY#FARMHOUSE::: #FruUtter

Gallery link: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4DEB0BBE8C3211E88DC50BD7C32EF32B

TUMBLR LINK: https://fruutter.tumblr.com/

Money can't buy you happiness
    but it can buy The Sims
    which is pretty much
    the same thing
    NOTE: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

I am greatful to you who heps me with this problem :)

HOUSEHOLD: www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/24A615C98CCC11E885E5F981CF0FE371?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=FruUtter&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: //imgur.com/gallery/9h4Q7uW

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Country Style Kitchen entry to BnS99 Simple life for Chen’s means DIY, re-use and junk shop finds. Kitchen walls are weathered yet it good shape and the stone/brick add to the rustic feel. The large table in the middle is very suitable for baking and cooking for the family which is part of so called Slow Life which Chens are after.

Examples:
    Different style chairs are the finds from the antique and junk shops.
    Kitchen walls are weathered yet it good shape and the stone/brick add to the rustic feel.
    The bare stone wall adds to the simplicty and rural charm.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: -
    TUMBLR LINK: //fruutter.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: unable to add
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited July 2018
    NOTE: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

HOUSEHOLD: www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/24A615C98CCC11E885E5F981CF0FE371?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=FruUtter&max=50&maxis=false

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Country Style Kitchen entry to BnS99 Simple life for Chen’s means DIY, re-use and junk shop finds. Kitchen walls are weathered yet it good shape and the stone/brick add to the rustic feel. The large table in the middle is very suitable for baking and cooking for the family which is part of so called Slow Life which Chens are after.

Examples:
    Kitchen walls are weathered yet it good shape and the stone/brick add to the rustic feel.

A little help for you, dear ;)
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

ENTRY DETAILS:

Examples:

Hello hello hello Gallery Friend <3 welcome .. hope you have fun here (I love this one .. I have not been able to participate because I was ill for a bit now but I will love seeing yours!)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/Arae1HL

Gallery link: According to the forum: You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.

TUMBLR LINK: fruutter.tumblr.com

<3<3<3 commenting you :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »

ENTRY DETAILS:

Examples:

I little help for you, dear ;)

*waving hello
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited July 2018
    Hello again, dear @lisabee2 ! :wink:<3

Isn´t wonderful to see our dear @FruUtter here? :smiley:

HOUSEHOLD: https: //www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3708A79D8CD811E881C8F981CF0FE371?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=FruUtter&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

Link 1: the sims outfits and faces
    https: //imgur.com/gallery/AQEYPX3

Link 2: A Day in Chen's new good life BnS99
    https: //imgur.com/gallery/pfSquXf

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dr. Chen and Mr. Chen are between 35-40 years old and are ready for a more quite life. Which means lots of gardening, musical and card evenings, reading, marshmallows and a child or two. I have given them 3 outfits: gardening, relax-at-home, and office (since they still practice law and medicin). Se links as well

FACEBOOK PROFILE:-

TUMBLR LINK:

https: //fruutter.tumblr.com/

https: //fruutter.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: the same as above can not add yet
    @AIRIS6962 and Lisabee2: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <
    ^^
  • jhgkjhgkjhjhgkjhgkjh Posts: 256 Member
    Yeah!!! Welcome dearest of all Utters and Otters! <3
    It is so good to see your here with your wonderful entries!
    Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

There you go....

HOUSEHOLD: https: //www.ea.com/sv-se/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3708A79D8CD811E881C8F981CF0FE371?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=FruUtter&max=50&maxis=false

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

https://imgur.com/gallery/AQEYPX3

https://imgur.com/gallery/pfSquXf

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Dr. Chen and Mr. Chen are between 35-40 years old and are ready for a more quite life. Which means lots of gardening, musical and card evenings, reading, marshmallows and a child or two. I have given them 3 outfits: gardening, relax-at-home, and office (since they still practice law and medicin). Se links as well

FACEBOOK PROFILE:-

TUMBLR LINK:

https://fruutter.tumblr.com/

https://fruutter.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES: the same as above can not add yet

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
    Maya Angelou

Please excuse my English and feel free to correct any mistake you find. :) It is not my native language.
    Gallery ID: kjhgkjgkjhgk
    @jhgkjhgkjh : <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    Welcome FruUtter!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @BuildnShare the lot testing is going really well. For the CAS entry is it only Dr and Mr Chen or can we have their BIG toddler Lilly and the puppy too?
    mc0keK6.png
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited July 2018
    FORUM ID: gmcrozier
    ORIGIN ID: gmcrozier
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 721 Seneca Drive
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: 81,693
    TOTAL COST: 84,693
    ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: 721 Seneca Drive is just far enough out of town to afford spacious lots ideal for gardens, but close to enough the Chens are close enough to be able to walk to their offices.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    gTHQ8fm.png
    LBalcLv.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Songshu Nonchang
    LOT COST: §3,000
    LOT NAME: The Summer Home (Windenburg)
    BUILD COST: §78,887
    TOTAL COST: §81,887
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by images I researched of rural dwellings in China. For the interior, I used traditional Chinese or Asian-style furnishings and decorative items with pops of red, but included a modern kitchen. I thoroughly tested the lot by playing through an entire year.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC was used, but I did use the MOO, SHO and IGPUE cheats (the lot is best placed with MOO activated)
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: @stsciurussimblr
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    rmAqSGS.png
    pbqY3zC.png
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    HOUSEHOLD: The Chen Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Simpler Life
    ENTRY DETAILS: Dr. Gang Chen and his husband Jawlong Chen, a prominent lawyer decided they needed a simpler life than the fast-paced one they were living in San Myshuno, so they moved to a traditional farm in Windenburg (Songshu Nonchang) to begin again with their cat, Hui. During their first year on the farm, they found a stray fox (Jiaohuá) and added it to the family. And after a year, they decided it was time to adopt a child, so teenager, Lánhua joined the family!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    TWITTER TAG: n/a
    TUMBLR LINK: @stsciurussimblr
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    tIvZBw8.png
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    CHALLENGE #99 Back to their roots

FORUM ID: 4Sanne
    ORIGIN ID: 4Sanne

LOT: Gallary link to 'Hygge House'
    LOT COST: §2.000
    LOT NAME: Rustic residence, Windenburg
    BUILD COST: §82.991
    TOTAL COST: §84.991

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Slideshow 'Hygge House'

ENTRY DETAILS:

Welcome to the Hygge House!
    Hygge is the danish word for the concept of comfortable coziness achieved by indulging through basic pleasures. This rough stone cottage has the natural feel that achieves an atmosphere of hygge beautifully. The location of this cozy french cottage is a big selling point to the Chens; beautiful natural farmland and rolling hills, but just a stones-throw away from the little village where they can work and enjoy the community.
    The building is old, but made to fit the Chens standards. It has everything they need for a simple, slow-paced country life, but not a drop more. It has abundant charm and rustic country vibes, a beautiful natural garden and lovely outdoor living space. The house itself is small but sufficient. We hope the Chens will adapt well to this new lifestyle, it's quite a change from modern city life.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC, but I've used MOO and Hiddenobjects

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    SyitoNE.png
    W2B54MK.png
  • ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    CHALLENGE #99 - Simple Living
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE9EBAD68DDD11E883B2CC385454BB23?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Pique Hearth
    BUILD COST: $79862
    TOTAL COST: $ 82,362
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/gallery/ZujHxN9
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cozy simple yet beautiful house for a young couple
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    i.imgur.com/y7eZ3uJ.png
    i.imgur.com/1lrN8Dr.png
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: wrathofcath
    ORIGIN ID: wrathofcath
    LOT: A Simpler Thyme Farm
    LOT COST: $3,000
    LOT NAME: The Lighthouse
    BUILD COST: $81,366
    TOTAL COST: $84,366
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/F13CkEd
    ENTRY DETAILS: A simply designed farmhouse with simple furnishings, keeping the concept of a simple lifestyle, in mind. The main floor has a large eat-in kitchen, cozy living room, full bath and master bedroom. The upper level has two guest bedrooms, a full bath and a study nook in the landing area. There are porches at both the front and rear of the home for relaxing. The back porch has a chess table and easel. The enclosed garden has perfect quality fruits and veggies, for healthy eating and tasteful cooking. Meandering paths wind through lovely gardens and to a fishing pond. There is a yoga mat and meditation stool out back for the Chens to use, to keep fit both in body and soul.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

8sgYOKk.png

iS2K4FU.jpg

• 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    edited July 2018
    Here you go @ShadowFairy74 :smiley:
    CHALLENGE #99 - Simple Living
    FORUM ID: ShadowFairy74
    ORIGIN ID: ShadowFairy74
    LOT: https://ea.com/nl-nl/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AE9EBAD68DDD11E883B2CC385454BB23?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=shadowfairy74&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    LOT NAME: Pique Hearth
    BUILD COST: $79862
    TOTAL COST: $ 82,362
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZujHxN9
    ENTRY DETAILS: A cozy simple yet beautiful house for a young couple
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    y7eZ3uJ.png
    1lrN8Dr.png

• withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: withlovejuien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien
    LOT: Farmhouse & Garden 2bd80k
    LOT COST: $3,000
    LOT NAME: Optimist's Outlook, Newcrest
    BUILD COST: $79,908
    TOTAL COST: $82,908
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/mUvxHUS
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went with a bit of a modern take on a farmhouse for the Chens. It has the classic lines and built-over-time look of a farmhouse with a metal roof to add clean lines and black painted mullions to add a graphic look to the architecture. The building also includes a home office with its own entrance from the front porch so Dr. & Mr. Chen can see patients and clients in their new home. The interior reflects a more modern take with a little eclecticism and sleekness to keep it from looking too "country kitsch" and with little to no clutter, keeping with a simpler lifestyle and modern living. A large patio with stone walls allows for outdoor living when the weather permits with a seating area, a dining area, and a grill. The second room upstairs, which can serve as a nursery when the Chens are ready, is currently set up as a guest bedroom/office. The kitchen has open shelving as homage to the kitchens of yesteryear but the simple shelves reflect modern sensibilities and the lack of upper cabinets keeps the kitchen feeling open. The greenhouses are divided into flowers and ingredients. The orchard is fenced in on the right side of the house. All plants are perfect quality. The shed includes a flower arranging table and a woodworking table.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please!
    TWITTER TAG: withlovejulien
    TUMBLR LINK: n/a
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    uXyomFQ.png
    Mvrs8r7.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,624 Member
    edited July 2018
    Duplicate post - sorry
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on