Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member

FORUM ID: Ainsleyf
    ORIGIN ID: Ainsleyfr
    LEVEL:Established
    LOT: Grandma's House II https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/36AA2D814EB511E787DEC9CBD14E8863
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST:28,499
    TOTAL COST: 29,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/MNCEj
    ENTRY DETAILS: Nice open space design with fireplace and chimney. It has an attic, but it's an attic, not really a second floor. Very useful for a computer desk and art studio. It's right on the river with lots of fishing and the tree to Sylvan glade is right next door. Garden has a nice variety of herbs, vegetables and fruit. There's a punching bag, chess table, violin, computer, TV, easel and , of course, stove for lots of skill building opportunities. Play tested. Everything works. It's a nice home for someone of retirement age. If the stairs get to be too much, room can always be made on the first floor for the desk and the garden for the easel.
    oP1gpK5.png

SIM: More Coffee, Hon? https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/DD0917034EB011E78A09C9CBD14E8863
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/JffBa
    ENTRY DETAILS: Purdie is one art-loving, creative, if not a little gloomy, grandma, with a dream of becoming a successful artist. She's funny (5), can cook and bake (5 each) and has just taken up the violin.
    aZBlGWb.png
    ROOM: N/A
    Constructive Criticism is always welcomed, but no name calling..HAHA! And thanks for the great challenge @buildnshare, @faithofkaela and @StSciurus and anyone I'm missing..oops.
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 71 -The Hawthorne Project Part IV
    FORUM ID: pronterus
    ORIGIN ID: pronterus
    LEVEL:Expert
    LOT: Purdie Cottage
    LOT COST: 1500
    BUILD COST:28,497
    TOTAL COST: 29,997
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: HERE
    ENTRY DETAILS: Charming garden cottage with everything that Ms. Purdie requires. First floor is semi-open plan, which includes a living area, dining area, study, and the kitchen. It also has a lavatory for guests. The yard has the veggie garden and easel area, while the back porch has a punching bag. The second floor has a reading nook at the landing, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Originally had one floor and an attic, the small house was expanded with a bigger second level to accommodate all of Ms. Purdie's needs.

pz1Yuxi.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.
    Post edited by pronterus on
  • Options
    glen1974glen1974 Posts: 86 Member

omg what amazing entries already!! I'm over here working on a square box :/
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    I know just how you feel @glen1974 :confounded:
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    thanks very much @PersRealmsShadow @Ainsleyf & @commeuneplume :blush:
    beautiful homes Ainsleyf and @pronterus , and wonderful Purdie and study PersRealmsShadow :)
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    edited June 2017
    Official Entry Form

CHALLENGE #: 71 The Hawthorne Project Part IV
    FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Deco Delight in Windenburg https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4A6578A5514511E78AD0C9CBD14E8863?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST:1500
    BUILD COST:28500
    TOTAL COST: 30000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/MhWUF

ENTRY DETAILS:This Windenburg home is a modest 1 bedroom model with hints of art deco. The landscapping has 6 cherry trees so she will be able to "make a cherry pie, darling Billy", plus 4 garden boxes. There are two matching fountains for curb appeal. A Bookcase came with the small computer desk. The appliances are midrange but very functional. There are "Gnomes" to attend to any malfunctions, a "Sunny Aspect" to help curb grumpyness and it is "Homey" to help her feel happier as she develops her gardening, cooking and other handy skills.Purdie seems to love music and has been supplied with a violin AND a piano. The decorating is low key but pleasent with some art to make the home feel richer. A modest but comfortable cottage style house very suitable for a single person.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SIM:http://imgur.com/a/9pEFy

SIM:https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/EBB3906B4F9611E788393A4C1C746172?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/9pEFy
    ENTRY DETAILS:Purdie Stafford is a grumpy, creative genius. She prefers to be on her home turf. Purdie dresses well being an accomplished seamstress she has not given up style and elegance in spite of her demotion to a simple food server. Purdie takes good care of herself, eating regular meals, playing basket ball, working out and jogging. She very much enjoys the style and fitness magazine. A punching bag helps her work off some off some of that grumpiness. She was not happy with the boxy look of the first build and demanded a more stylish facade. Purdie now seems quite pleased with her move to the shores of Windenburg.

Room: Painters Play Room
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/F17E0049563311E781A0C9CBD14E8863?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false
    cost 14991
    Slide Show: http://imgur.com/a/AtOee
    Entry Details: This a large, well equipped studio is ideal for Sims with painting aspirations. It is large, bright and has plenty of artificial light for evening and night work. It has all that an artist could desire plus extras such as a refreshments bar. Sure to inspire painters and sculptors! The lot traits a "Home Studio" with "Natural Light" and a "Sunny Aspect".

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    EAT4xjz.png
    JZAUSQM.png
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options

Purdie can not interact with the coffee pot! I do not understand it. I tried moving it, I tried a different (better) pot, nothing works! She can use every other appliance and facility. Just no coffee for Purdie!
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @pronterus What neighborhood did you build in, I love the surrounding terrain and especially the river! You did wonders on such a tight budget! (Edited for spelling)
  • Options
    misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    @BuildnShare - sorry! I didn't check the forums until today, I was away for the weekend. It's all right, I had lots of fun building the limited Eco spot, and it's been uploaded in the gallery...I think. I can double check.
  • Options
    @pronterus What neighborhood did you build in, I love the surrounding terrain and especially the river! You did wonders on such a tight budget! (Edited for spelling)

@FoundMarbles Thanks for the comments! I built my house in Cottage Am See in Windenburg :)\

Thanks @folala I like your art deco home :)
  • Options

@pronterus :smiley: Thank You for the info! I think my next build will be on that lot. It really is a nice "Country Lane" and I had not noticed it before you used it. In fact, I built 2 full and furnished houses for this challenge; I think I'll download the one not entered to that lot. It will be a really nice fit.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS70 - ECO-EXISTENCE

Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options

@BuildnShare Is it allowed to change one's entry, replacing it with a different / updated build?
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @BuildnShare Is it allowed to change one's entry, replacing it with a different / updated build?
    Any changes are allowed up until the closing date @FoundMarbles :)

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options

Sorry, Imgur will not allow me to rearrange images so 2,3 & 4 are out of order. I can not even delete them!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sorry, Imgur will not allow me to rearrange images so 2,3 & 4 are out of order. I can not even delete them!
    @FoundMarbles - Have you tried clearing your :cookie:'s???

Post edited by Simming_Spoonie on
  • Options
    Working with a style you're not comfortable with is REALLY difficult....
  • Options

Thank you, but it's working now. Apparently their system had some kind of glitch. It is all working well today and pics have been rearranged as needed. Now if you could just help me with the coffee pot issue I would be Sooo grateful. Purdie can not have coffee, no mater where I place the machine and no matter which coffee pot I place. I never saw this in game before
  • Options

Thank you, but it's working now. Apparently their system had some kind of glitch. It is all working well today and pics have been rearranged as needed. Now if you could just help me with the coffee pot issue I would be Sooo grateful. Purdie can not have coffee, no mater where I place the machine and no matter which coffee pot I place. I never saw this in game before
    Which pot are you using @FoundMarbles?
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    no coffee for Purdie!
    - That's probably why she's so grumpy.
    Great house and Purdie btw. I love the way you worked with the mustard and cranberry and then worked in the dark blue..it's really chic!

@pronterus - I agree - fantastic choice of lots, it has great scenery..and your house is absolutely adorable. I especially like the worn brick with the greys and mauves.
    @persrealmsShadow - Great study and I like your choice of outfits for Purdie..she is stylin'
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf Thanks! Your house looks great, too :)
  • Options

@FaithofKaela I started with "Joe Jockey" & then tried "The Caffeininator" both failed. Bulldozing the lot twice and a fresh build, coffee is now doable. I'll never know why the first 2 pots failed. I moved them all over the kitchen but until I wiped out that build I could not make the coffee happen. Much to my frustration. I find fresh downloads of a lot fix many problems (Like no functional coffee pots & garden plants that disappear). Thank you for asking, one of the great things about the Sims community is everybody's willingness to help out!!! I am nothing, if not tenacious with making my houses functional! For me, looks are secondary to functionality. The lots must be playable. (Another reason I stay away from CC & mods, I want players to be able to download and use the lots even if brand new to Sims. So much CC is pretty but not functional.)
  • Options

@Ainsleyf Yup, I'd be really grumpy if I could not make coffee EVERY morning! :smiley:
  • Options

@pronterus , @Ainsleyf , & @PersRealmsShadow Thank you all for your kind comments & compliments. :blush:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @pronterus , @Ainsleyf , & @PersRealmsShadow @FaithofKaela Do any of yo know where I can see Maxis Favs? I just found out the my Camp Glen got a favorite from Maxis and I'm dying to see the notice!! HELP! :smiley:

"I GOT IT!" Maxis Favorites are under the advanced tab, "Maxis Curated". WOW! Soooo many comments! This was exciting!
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top