Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Are You Enjoying The New Forum?

Hey everyone!

My family and I are really enjoying this new forum, so far we've had no problems with Trolls and hopefully we never will. I really like the new style of this forum - everything goes so well together. How are you liking it all, any improvements you might suggest?

Comments

• Options
    MiffemortMiffemort Posts: 121 Member
    Fuzzyair wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

My family and I are really enjoying this new forum, so far we've had no problems with Trolls and hopefully we never will. I really like the new style of this forum - everything goes so well together. How are you liking it all, any improvements you might suggest?

Yeah I enjoy this forum. Kind of hard at first but now it's so easy. You were trolled, that's sad. I read through your old posts and now I see why you were trolled. You can't say online that you have lots of money and a nice house, even if you do, that is a good target for trolls and especially the fact that you write for Becky! Becky sounds older than me, meaning her ASD is most likely worse than mine but perhaps to stop these trolls you could let her write her own messages. Read through my posts, a troll hasn't targeted me, they most likely targeted you because of how your wrote for Becky - let her write herself and I am sure she'll be fine :)
    Or if your happier writing for her, just try not to mention your family to much.

But back to your question. Yeah I LOVE this forum. It's so fun and appears to be safe, which is always a good thing. I'd give this forum a 10/10 and will probably still be using it in four years times....

Belinda (*)

• Options
    PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    Its much cleaner and more their style, and adds a bit of review function to give people the happy feels and let others know what people who don't speak up really feel. Its quite nice.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    I was enjoying it until a perfectly harmless post of mine was marked as spam, it left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth. I can see the rating system being abused like this, which makes me wonder why they didn't just have options of

Agree
    Lol
    Helpful

I don't think there's a need for the negative options, and since there are minors on the site I can see them causing a lot of upset.

Also, I think rather than the flag option a simple report button like the one on the other forum would have been better. It might dissuade those who are out to cause mischief as you had to actually put a bit of effort in; stating the reason for reporting, rather than quickly clicking a button.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    kovu0207 wrote: »
    I was enjoying it until a perfectly harmless post of mine was marked as spam, it left a pretty bitter taste in my mouth. I can see the rating system being abused like this, which makes me wonder why they didn't just have options of

Agree
    Lol
    Helpful

I don't think there's a need for the negative options, and since there are minors on the site I can see them causing a lot of upset.

Also, I think rather than the flag option a simple report button like the one on the other forum would have been better. It might dissuade those who are out to cause mischief as you had to actually put a bit of effort in; stating the reason for reporting, rather than quickly clicking a button.

It depends on if the thread has been posted before. A lot of the veteran simmers really don't like to see the same things posted constantly, and there is a large majority of them who really hate it when people don't search the forums for information. I personally am not bothered by such things unless its a flame post calling people who like the game sheep, but thats just me :/
  • Options

It depends on if the thread has been posted before. A lot of the veteran simmers really don't like to see the same things posted constantly, and there is a large majority of them who really hate it when people don't search the forums for information. I personally am not bothered by such things unless its a flame post calling people who like the game sheep, but thats just me :/

Ah now I would agree with you if the thread had actually been spam, but that was the point of my post, it was not.

Someone just decided they didn't like it and thought it would be a good idea to mark it as spam, since it's so easy to do so, they can remain anonymous, and there don't appear to be any repercussions for falsely flagging something. It has left a bitter taste in my mouth since it is now highlighted on my profile, and if it has bothered me i'm sure someone younger than me would have been pretty upset.

The thread in question, if you want to check.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/760141/oww-over-21-000-signatures-on-the-petition-now-o-thats-a-lot-of-angry-fans/p1
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only one who thinks this forum sucks? I don't want a 'feed' where I have to see everything that people I have never heard of post. And I don't want to see an entry everytime someone gets a stinkin' badge! And I don't want a hundred notifications on a thread that I am not even participating in! I want the friends system back and I only want to see what my friends post! This forum doesn't make any sense to me. OK.....I'm done.......carry on! :| Oh, and I hate that 'plum' thing!
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    FuzzyairFuzzyair Posts: 229 Member
    Miffemort wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Yeah I enjoy this forum. Kind of hard at first but now it's so easy. You were trolled, that's sad. I read through your old posts and now I see why you were trolled. You can't say online that you have lots of money and a nice house, even if you do, that is a good target for trolls and especially the fact that you write for Becky! Becky sounds older than me, meaning her ASD is most likely worse than mine but perhaps to stop these trolls you could let her write her own messages. Read through my posts, a troll hasn't targeted me, they most likely targeted you because of how your wrote for Becky - let her write herself and I am sure she'll be fine :)
    Or if your happier writing for her, just try not to mention your family to much.

But back to your question. Yeah I LOVE this forum. It's so fun and appears to be safe, which is always a good thing. I'd give this forum a 10/10 and will probably still be using it in four years times....

Belinda (*)

OK Belinda I'll speak to Becky and see what she says. Hopefully she'll want to use the forum by herself, because last time me posting for her did cause some problems. Thanks for your help.

We're grateful.

• Options

Agree
    Lol
    Helpful

Sadly that sort of thing does happen...

• Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    So far I can't really complain, I like it better than the older forums! I still think the censors need work and I think replacing censored words with 'Plum' instead of asterisks is stupid.

All in all I am not hating the new changes!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks this forum sucks? I don't want a 'feed' where I have to see everything that people I have never heard of post. And I don't want to see an entry everytime someone gets a stinkin' badge! And I don't want a hundred notifications on a thread that I am not even participating in! I want the friends system back and I only want to see what my friends post! This forum doesn't make any sense to me. OK.....I'm done.......carry on! :| Oh, and I hate that 'plum' thing!

You could always mention the friend thing on the suggestions page on the forum? Plus this forum does seem kind of odd, yeah, but I think Fuzzyair needed the help. Hopefully he can get his daughter posting instead of him, that way he shouldn't get trolled.

But yeah I agree. A friends system sounds cool.

Belinda (*)

• Options
    XaneritheXanerithe Posts: 275 Member
    I am really enjoying the new forums!
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Belinda (*)

OK Belinda I'll speak to Becky and see what she says. Hopefully she'll want to use the forum by herself, because last time me posting for her did cause some problems. Thanks for your help.

We're grateful.

No problem, happy to help another Simmer. Remember tell Becky, not to speak to much about you and your wife. If she has a question then Great but don't let her just come on the forum for a chat! I did that on a forum once and I became a pest ... I since then have learnt to help others (like I'm doing now) or if I have a question then I'll just ask here. :)

I hope Becky decides to give the forum a go.

Belinda (*)
  • Options
    GleekenGleeken Posts: 6 New Member
    Yeah I agree. Should't be a disagree... But then everyone should be free to make their own opinions. Some take disagree/dislike too personal sometimes. Not everyone will like/agree with you. I wish everyone did. Then the world might be peaceful... Boring yes, but peaceful :p
  • Options
    SmellySimFeetSmellySimFeet Posts: 199 Member
    This forum is gonna be better than the game will ever be.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    I've notice over there seems a bit dark and gloomy and here seems a bit bright and cheery <3
  • Options
    @gleeken, I don't mind people disagreeing with me, like you say everyone has a different opinion and the world would be boring if we all liked the same things. :) I just draw the line at falsely being accused of spam.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    chauschaus Posts: 61 Member
    I really like it! It's has homey feeling :)
  • Options

Agree
    Lol
    Helpful

Gleeken wrote: »
    Yeah I agree. Should't be a disagree... But then everyone should be free to make their own opinions. Some take disagree/dislike too personal sometimes. Not everyone will like/agree with you. I wish everyone did. Then the world might be peaceful... Boring yes, but peaceful :p

How very true. I agree with you, everyone is entitled to their own opinions but sometimes people do get a bit mean. People found Fuzzyairs posts weird, true they did sound a little odd but there was no reason to start trolling him - I wish the world could be a bit nicer, I do, but sadly that is part of life.

But yeah like you said, everyone is entitled to say something, they just shouldn't be cruel.

Belinda (*)

• Options
    FrankenCookiehFrankenCookieh Posts: 52 Member
    I like it, although I was hoping I would be able to change my username when I signed in for the first time. That's not possible, unfortunately.
  • Options
    chaus wrote: »
    I really like it! It's has homey feeling :)

I agree with you on that one.

Belinda (*)

• Options
    I like it, although I was hoping I would be able to change my username when I signed in for the first time. That's not possible, unfortunately.

I've seen a lot of people annoyed with that. It's been 5 years since sims 3, people have grown, changed and their usernames are no longer relevant, or others just fancy a change. It would be nice if you could change it, even if it was just the once. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Belinda (*)

We're grateful.

No problem, happy to help another Simmer. Remember tell Becky, not to speak to much about you and your wife. If she has a question then Great but don't let her just come on the forum for a chat! I did that on a forum once and I became a pest ... I since then have learnt to help others (like I'm doing now) or if I have a question then I'll just ask here. :)

Belinda (*)

Yeah we're going to do this. Hopefully she won't get trolled! I just hope people understand, some people with ASD can be very difficult to understand...

Thanks very much for your help Belinda. In fact, thanks to everyone whose helped us out.

• Options

I've seen a lot of people annoyed with that. It's been 5 years since sims 3, people have grown, changed and their usernames are no longer relevant, or others just fancy a change. It would be nice if you could change it, even if it was just the once. :)

I agree with you. I got Sims 3 for my birthday and my family set up my account, they called me miffemort because I LOVED Harry Potter. Personally I'd love to change my username, the name given to me wasn't one I would have picked... :)

Belinda (*)

• Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »

@dark5id3 I'm thinking they will add a friend function back in once the game goes live. Otherwise, all this Facebook 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is pointless. Also, you can change your notification settings from you forum profile page, so that you don't get ones you don't want. I do like that I can finally see my post history without having to figure out what my user id is and bookmark the page.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    Hey everyone!

Belinda (*)

We're grateful.

Belinda (*)

Yeah we're going to do this. Hopefully she won't get trolled! I just hope people understand, some people with ASD can be very difficult to understand...

Thanks very much for your help Belinda. In fact, thanks to everyone whose helped us out.

Excellent. Becky will enjoy the forums I am sure of it. People with ASD sometimes do struggle, but if she does then help her and eventually she will become an expert on the forum. And if she is trolled, just ignore them, don't let them get her down. And you're right Fuzzyair, people with ASD are hard to understand and they are all different ... Becky sounds a lot like me when I was younger, I always got my family to do stuff for me but in the end I started doing it myself - And I Loved It!!!

I'm sure she'll really love The Sims 4 and it's forum!

Belinda (*)