Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help Please

ยซ1
Hi, so I got the demo of sims 4 and downloaded it but it will not open it up at all. I try clicking on the shortcut thing to the demo on the desktop after downloading but it will say it cannot acces it and I do not have appropriate permissions? I really need help and want to play this so bad, im getting so frustrated and want to cry. Sorry if this is the wrong area to post here too, I didn't see anywhere else. Please help me, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    What computer are you playing on? Whats your specs?
  • Options
    bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    are you using Origin??
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    By what computer do you mean what type it is? If so its a windows 7 I believe. And how do I find the specs? Thanks for replying!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    To open the demo you MUST BE logged in to your Origin account!! You ALSO must be using the SAME EMAIL and PASSWORD that you had set up when you "opened" your Sims 3 account. If you are not using those, then the demo will not open.

Since you are here (in the new forums), there is an "article" (if you will) about the required system that you need (for now) in order to play the demo. Please have a look at that as well.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    Make sure you are logged into origin, try uninstalling them re installing. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    I am logged into origin and its the same I used for sims 3. Now it shows to download again but when I click it, it says origin was denied access? And it may be due to sercurity or disk corruption and to check the folder permissions or disk for error before retrying? Idk what that all means. Thanks for you guys replying!
  • Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    try running origin as administrator :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    โ€ขCollectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    How do I run it as an administrator? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    right click the origin icon and click "Run as administrator" :) your welcome
    โ€ขNew Zealand
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

• Options
    Ok I unistalled the demo and I am now going to re-install it. I right clicked origin icon and run as administrator, it opened up so clicked download demo and now the window pops up "preparing to download sims 4 cas demo" it shows disk space required "1.06 GB and I have 696.15 GB disk space available. Also shows create start shortcut menu and desktop already checked. So I go on right?
  • Options
    yeah give it a try :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    clicking I have read and accept the rules and terms and continueing
  • Options
    ok so I clicked continue and it popped up "download error, problem writing a file " and to quit and re-launch origin. So im going to quit origin and re-open as administrator.
  • Options
    awesome :) once its downloaded, if you start cas and it says you dont have permission, right click the cas demo icon and run as admin too :)
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    Maybe rather than clicking the shortcut, try playing through origin?
  • Options
    Ok its downloading now. Hopefully after uninstalling and such it will work.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    joop- Ok will do, hopefully it works! :)
    natash- I will try it if joops suggestion doesn't work. :)

Thank you all for trying to help me, I truly appreciate it! :smiley:
    Right now it's downloading, will update news about it when done.
  • Options
    joop- Ok will do, hopefully it works! :)
    natash- I will try it if joops suggestion doesn't work. :)

Thank you all for trying to help me, I truly appreciate it! :smiley:

Your welcome :) i enjoy helping people :)

โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    Ok so it installed and I clicked the shortcut on the desktop, it says "The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions." I tried running as admin too and it said the same thing.... :(
  • Options
    go to c drive\program files\origin games\cas demo\bin there should be an icon in there :) try that
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ok i did all you said and I clicked the cas demo (after the origin games) but it says I do not have the permission to access it but can click continue to get permanent access to it. I click continue but then it says I have been denied permission and to gain access i will need to use the security tab.
  • Options
    hmmm, try make a new admin account on windows
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    How do I do that? :\
  • Options
    :P go to control panel\user accounts\manage another account\create new account
    โ€ขNew Zealand

• Options
    ok thanks