Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GREAT new starter home! Under 18K! Feedback wanted!

So, this is my first "starter home". It is a 1 bedroom, 1 bath home on a 30x30 lot so there is room to grow. It is $17,271 Furnished and $12,318 Unfurnished. There is some minor landscaping, (not exactly my forte). Any (constructive) feedback is appreciated! I'm looking for ways to make my starter homes layouts more player friendly and cheaper! Thanks!

Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=770924

Outside:
t05ftd.jpg

View from living area:
2z3nqu0.jpg

Kitchen:
2ah7346.jpg

Living Area:
2jeee1k.jpg

Bedroom:
1038py9.jpg

Bathroom:
20fvwqp.jpg
Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
Looking forward to seeing you around!

Comments

• Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2009
    Very cute :D The roof on the extension on the right is not working..it needs to be a different one. Might want to play with that. Interior looks really good, except I would suggest playing around with the wall coverings a bit. That is a great way to add some interest and style to your rooms for not alot of money...and a good way ti introduce color. That putty brown color is a tad depressing, at least to me. :D Overall, I think you have a really great start...keep on building.
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited July 2009
    Ruthless gives great advice! This is a great start, so definitely keep on building. And don't be afraid of a little color! hehe
  • Options
    Polly2009Polly2009 Posts: 78 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That's a cute wee house. Not dissimilar to one I made recently. I think you managed to get more in than me for less money though.

You did get some landscaping in - which is more that I achieved. I have a tiny wee house on a huge plot at the moment!

I agree about the colours - I wonder if the brown emphasises the smallness of it. It is nice to have a theme but vary it a little from room to room.

Very nice overall.

Px
  • Options
    adonay11adonay11 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like this house and might download it for my next family!

I like the landscaping! Good work!
  • Options
    lmsmbulfroglmsmbulfrog Posts: 793 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Very nice Landscaping.

I'd play with the wall coverings a bit as suggested. Also you might want to try to make sure your wood tones are compatible, though I notice sometimes they look different in screenshots than they really are due to lighting etc.

All in all a very cute house!
  • Options
    3mmagreen3mmagreen Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love it! :D It's amazing!
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited July 2009
    This is such a cute house :-) Good job
  • Options
    BeccaRoxBeccaRox Posts: 368 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It's a really cute house. I have to agree with ruth that the roof on the extension looks a little out of place. Maybe you could try changing it to a different roof style. I also noticed that you have the same color of wall throughout the entire house. I would suggest making the bedroom and bathroom a different color. Too much brown tends to make a house look a little bland.

Overall you did a really great job. I think starter homes are harder to make than big mansions. It's that whole "make it look nice on a small budget" thing. Keep up the good work! :D
  • Options
    commeuneplumecommeuneplume Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks SO much for all of the suggestions and feedback! I really appreciate it!

:D
    Avid TS3/TS4 player, wannabe storyteller, novice builder.
    Looking forward to seeing you around!