Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Petition]: Robin Williams

JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
Blizzard Entertainment received over 100k signatures asking to commemorate Robin Williams in World of Warcraft and they've agreed to commemorate him in-game! If the studio selects to follow the petition's wishes word-for-word, a new character based on Williams will deliver jokes in the Worlds End Tavern.

I'd really like to see EA do the same thing with The Sims 4, add few plushies we can click on and 'Remember' or 'Squeeze' and it makes your Sims happy :)

Possible Plushies
- Genie (Aladdin)
- Popeye
- Mork: Optional, when you squeeze it you hear Nanu Nanu in your sims voice :)
- Mrs. Doubtfire

I would love something cute like this in TS4 to remember him by.

I know it's too late for it to be included in-game but it could be given in a patch or as a reward for something simple and achievable.

Comments

• Options
    CraziiMikuCraziiMiku Posts: 436 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want to sound rude, but in all respect, what about other celebs that have died over the years?

Rip Robin Williams

I'll sign it though :-)
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Plushies!
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    CraziiMiku wrote: »
    I don't want to sound rude, but in all respect, what about other celebs that have died over the years?

Rip Robin Williams

Honestly, I never considered him a celeb, he managed to stay out of the tabloids (aside from his addiction) really well as I became an adult. The Sims has been something that makes me smile and laugh, just as his jokes did for myself and many others.
    He was more of an uncle I saw on TV, to me and a lot of other people. If you squeezed or remembered, it would only be fitting that your Sims become happy. That's what he did for a lot of us.

• Options
    vgchatvgchat Posts: 101 Member
    No support. Don't need this for Robin or any other recently deceased celeb.
  • Options
    windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    I'll sign. He was my favorite actor in my childhood and growing up. I know EA will have to be careful with copyright, but I can see them making a Mrs. Doubtfire Sim.
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    CraziiMiku wrote: »

Rip Robin Williams

There are not many celebs that have died who have done what Robin Williams has. He was an honest to goodness, "good" man. He helped so many people, made people laugh, which is the best medicine, all while fighting his own demons in his mind. He is one "celeb" who deserves to be remembered in this way.
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    No. Before you know it, we get petitions to have the Kardishians in the game. I hate it that Robin Williams commited suicide and I really enjoyed his humor and respected his philantropy, but I don't want to be remembered of IRL dead or alive people in a game.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited August 2014
    As much as I loved him, this would not be appropriate. Not to mention all those plushies are other people's intellectual property.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    No. Before you know it, we get petitions to have the Kardishians in the game. I hate it that Robin Williams commited suicide and I really enjoyed his humor and respected his philantropy, but I don't want to be remembered of IRL dead or alive people in a game.

This is one I will sign, but EA pretty much ignores petitions anyway.
  • Options
    bamcam30bamcam30 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Hell yes! :D
  • Options
    GenuineGemGenuineGem Posts: 135 Member
    I think the CC community might be more able and better equipped to execute this idea :smile:
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    I love Robin Williams, but the reason Blizzard has agreed to memorialize him is because he actually played WoW and Warcraft.
  • Options
    SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'll sign I loved Robin Williams :) He will surly be missed :'(
    justlurking.gif
  • Options
    I'll sign. He was my favorite actor in my childhood and growing up. I know EA will have to be careful with copyright, but I can see them making a Mrs. Doubtfire Sim.

Hey EA doesn't have to make a sim, we can! It would be awesome to see the gallery filled with Sims of not only Robin Williams but everyone's favorite characters that he played. Some of my faves are Mork, from Mork and Mindy, Good morning Vietnam, Genie from Aladin, and of course Mrs. Doubtfire.
  • Options
    FloofFloof Posts: 76 Member
    GenuineGem wrote: »
    I think the CC community might be more able and better equipped to execute this idea :smile:
    I'm going to have to agree here, while it's nice Blizzard is doing that with their game, they will most likely make him into a quest with a reward.
    I'm sure someone in the CC community will make a Robin Williams tribute when the game is released and there are more tools at hand~

• Options
    GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    Lauren Bacall, the 20th greatest female star of the 20th century according to AFI, passed away this week and yet no one here is raising a fuss.

You don't see people petitioning for Shirley Temple or Mickie Roonie, do you? Just because these actors were before our time doesn't mean they're unimportant. I'm with @LittleMinxUndr on this one. Keep them all out of the game.
  • Options
    GenuineGem wrote: »
    I'm going to have to agree here, while it's nice Blizzard is doing that with their game, they will most likely make him into a quest with a reward.
    I'm sure someone in the CC community will make a Robin Williams tribute when the game is released and there are more tools at hand~

No I think they are making him an NPC that will tell jokes when asked or clicked on, at the World's End Tavern. He would have to be an object in the sims. I do agree though that the Sims Community will probably be more likely to create tribute sims. Which will leave EA free from the Copywrite issues, since people creating them will not making any money, nor will EA, since it is a free download.

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I think it's a nice idea, but I think it would be awesome to have him as a downloadable from the Gallery :)
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think it's a nice idea, but I think it would be awesome to have him as a downloadable from the Gallery :)

A lot of people have him uploaded on the gallery.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    I find this uncomfortable, the idea of being memorialised in a game.. we don't know if this is something Robin would have liked or not. You can recognise his good work, sense of humour, talent, personality without making a plushie out of him in the sims game. It just seems a little tacky to me. He will live on through his past work, his family, his friends and all the people who felt some kind of connection to him though they never met. They all act as a far superior and more appropriate memorial to him that a plushie in the sims 4 ever could.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    A downloadable sim or an in game book named after him would be a better option, I think.

Also, you forgot to put Hook on his list of films. I do love that one.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SmellySimFeetSmellySimFeet Posts: 199 Member
    Mister Williams was a Zelda fan, I don't know if he liked Sims games. It is best to let his legacy speak for itself and not taint it with post mortem fanservice.
  • Options
    Kristen4810Kristen4810 Posts: 243 Member
    I think that would just be too sad for this kind of game
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,864 Member
    Gillie wrote: »
    Lauren Bacall, the 20th greatest female star of the 20th century according to AFI, passed away this week and yet no one here is raising a fuss.

You don't see people petitioning for Shirley Temple or Mickie Roonie, do you? Just because these actors were before our time doesn't mean they're unimportant. I'm with @LittleMinxUndr on this one. Keep them all out of the game.

I was just going to bring up Lauren Bacall! Yes, on the same day or the day after one and yet no petition.

Do not get me wrong. Robin Williams was an amazing personality, gave the world a huge amount of laughs and his death has has left the world bereft of one of the greats, but you could say that about so many other stars as well. Immortalizing just one of them in such a way as an in game character could be considered a slap in the face to all the other greats who have passed. I just feel it shouldn't be done.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    jennemm75 wrote: »

Hey EA doesn't have to make a sim, we can! It would be awesome to see the gallery filled with Sims of not only Robin Williams but everyone's favorite characters that he played. Some of my faves are Mork, from Mork and Mindy, Good morning Vietnam, Genie from Aladin, and of course Mrs. Doubtfire.

They still would have to pay royalties to those that own the copyrights to those characters. This will never happen. There are some great renditions in the Gallery though.
    Long live the new Doctor!