Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I find my original bookmarks??

GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
On the old site I had about 15 really useful threads bookmarked - tutorials, a list of nectar recipes, advice about how to keep your game corruption-free, great stuff like that. I'd refer to these threads quite often for information.

When I go to the bookmark section here, I just see 129 PAGES of threads I've commented in. How am I meant to find my bookmarks in all of that?

I understand that I can un-bookmark threads quite easily, but there's no way I'm going through 129 pages.

Thanks in advance
You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @lucyvp86 The tab next to categories?

That one is even worse for me...417 pages
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @lucyvp86 Oh, on my profile page?

I have 122 entries there, which is definitely the best yet but still more than it should be.

I think it's everything I've ever bookmarked rather than the ones meant to be on my current list.
  • Options
    Okay, thank you!

122 entries will be much easier to sort through than 129 pages :)
  • Options
    lucyvp86 wrote: »
    @greencats actually, I have to take something back. You can't edit that list, hopefully it's in the works. I just tried to remove a bookmark by clicking the star and it stayed. Nothing changed. It is your bookmarks list but you can't edit it right now and it shows everything you've ever bookmarked.

I had made the changes before the "move" which is why mine is smaller. I cleaned it up as part of my preparation for the forum going down.

Thanks for the info :)

Like you say, maybe it's something they'll fix eventually.

Weird - my list was very small before the move too, as I like to keep it trimmed so I can find the important stuff easily - but here it is still very big.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    I have too a little bit confusion here.
    For now I'm opening my old bookmarks in old forum (fortunatelly this still work), and I'm copying (Ctrl + C) part of text in related topic.
    Fortunatelly search engine in this forum works XD and I'm able past (Ctrl + V) in it text copied before from my old bookmark.
    For now, Google search brings me on old forum.
    (I'm also too not able to remove stairs here). :blush:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    That's a good idea, @Bily_jednorozec!

I think I might just copy and paste their content into a word document so that the web team can't mess with it any more.
  • Options
    I have too In my PC saved many *.docx - but I have too many bookmarks saved under various folders on Google preferences (not using IE and another browsers, then I do not need all saved in MS_Word) - it is less work ;)
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I've understood finally how to remove my bookmarks from here :sweat_smile: : Opening related bookmarked topic, unticking star directly in topic - and what I've by this way unticked so far, I've not found more in my bookmarks (under my page)
    Edit: Oh mamma, it seems it has bookmarked each my message in this forum :scream:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been going through the list of bookmarks EA kindly gave me on my profile here and clicking on each star to unbookmark them. I've now done them - YAY!

And I've added my originals from the other site, thanks to Bily's tip about copying some text over. At least this site has a great search function, I found them all with no problems!

Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    lucyvp86 wrote: »
    Under your avatar and above your badges, there are a group of links. Right under "invitations" is one called "discussions". Mine has the number 14 after it and those are my bookmarks.

I think something must be wrong with mine then. Under the Discussions tab on my profile are just threads that I had made, not my bookmarks. I suppose I will have to search them out manually.
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    Activity
    Notifications
    Invitations
    Discussions: 13
    Comments: 3306
    Inbox
    Moderation

Yup, that's how mine looks too Lucy. But I have created 13 threads on the Sims 3 Forums. That is what is listed as Discussion on my profile. On the Sims 3 Forums I have over 60 Bookmarks. These are not linked anywhere on my Sims 4 Forum Profile. Now I will admit that I need to clean out my bookmarks, but the majority of them are tutorials or technical threads that I would really like to keep. It may be possible that all my information hasn't transferred over yet, but I don't want to risk loosing those threads. I know someone mentioned that the search function on the new forum works well, I think I will just make a list of the ones I would like to keep and hunt them down.