Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is the demo going to be released?

Comments

• Options
    CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Could be tomorrow, but I don't know when EA has its gamescom presentation. Maybe they will announce it then.
  • Options
    PapierzastaPapierzasta Posts: 19 New Member
    Yup, fingers crossed! I never really followed info on any other EA game, so I don't really know how they handle these things :P.
  • Options
    kristinnicolexokristinnicolexo Posts: 65 New Member
    They should've released it in order to which you signed up. I signed u July 17th & here we are almost a month later and im #TeamDemoless
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 640 Member
    Yeah I signed up July 15. And what kills me the most are the people who signed up dont have the demo but those who are complaining about the game do.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    REDTOGREY wrote: »
    @aihaou perhaps if its not the 12th, we know at the 13th more. pressconferece at the gamescom :P

I cannot wait one more day -.-
  • Options
    Sims VIP said she thinks, it will be the 13th. This way, EA can announce it on Gamescom. I must say, I agree.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    This is absolutely ridiculous.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    kristinnicolexokristinnicolexo Posts: 65 New Member
    What was the point of having an early access email sign up if people who didn't even sign up have the demo before people who did. To get thousands of emails for sims 4 newsletters?? That's what I'm starting to believe!
  • Options
    What was the point of having an early access email sign up if people who didn't even sign up have the demo before people who did. To get thousands of emails for sims 4 newsletters?? That's what I'm starting to believe!
    Obviously it was just for show.

6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    I'm guessing the only reason they gave it out slowly is to monitor their Gallery capabilities and make adjustments to the servers. I mean there's probably almost 200,000 creations there now (haven't checked) so if you imagine that if everyone got it at the same time there'd be an enormous flood of uploads. If that caused a crash they'd only know it was overloaded, but not much else.
  • Options
    Of course, it was for the newsletters. EA doesn't give something away for free, if they can't get something out of it. Even the free code friday had you to follow the origin twitter account. They get a lot more out of those giveaways than we do.
  • Options
    smimax73smimax73 Posts: 35 New Member
    I'm guessing the only reason they gave it out slowly is to monitor their Gallery capabilities and make adjustments to the servers. I mean there's probably almost 200,000 creations there now (haven't checked) so if you imagine that if everyone got it at the same time there'd be an enormous flood of uploads. If that caused a crash they'd only know it was overloaded, but not much else.

and when the full game comes out?
    I'm sure to register some problems will attend so why not do a test now giving everyone the demo?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member

It would have been MUCH fairer if they had set a temporary cap on the number of sims each person could upload and let more/all people try it. Then there would be far fewer complaints, I think. Well, maybe some people would be screaming "I want to upload more" but many of us would accept our limitations and happily play with the demo. Instead we are left to wait and express our frustrations here or on Twitter.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    It would have been MUCH fairer if they had set a temporary cap on the number of sims each person could upload and let more/all people try it. Then there would be far fewer complaints, I think. Well, maybe some people would be screaming "I want to upload more" but many of us would accept our limitations and happily play with the demo. Instead we are left to wait and express our frustrations here or on Twitter.

That does sound much fairer. I'm pretty sure the reason they didn't do it like that is because this way creates more attention. People want what they can't have, after all. It also gets people checking Origin more, following Origin's twitter account, signing up for the newsletter all just for a chance to get the demo.
  • Options
    Temporary Cap would have been great, or the demo just without the gallery
  • Options
    RawrKoryRawrRawrKoryRawr Posts: 22 New Member
    Yeah I don't have it. I'm so eager to try it. And it kind of sucks seeing everyone else sharing their creations, learning most of the features before the actual game. And Im just kind of watching. And jealous.... hahaha
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    I got it last Friday, opened it for five minutes and then shut it down again. Lot's of presets. :'( And yes the sims do look nice. But seems like the entire game revolves around your sims emoting all over the place like a Bratz doll. In addition, there's been so many screenshots posted that cas is now... a bit boring... in the same way that any other similar program for the base game would be. Cas is not the game and I'd rather look at the base game.
  • Options
    Hopefully we won't have to be jealous much longer. <3 I know there are other ways to.. get the demo, but that is not something I want to do, so I'm waiting.
  • Options
    So unfair. When is our turn?
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Very much agreed, a cap would have made it possible for more people to try the demo. I haven't messed with it a whole lot, but I can imagine there's some folks with upwards of a hundred shared creations. I really do hope that this rumor of the 12th will pan out, CAS takes some getting used to.

I haven't encountered too many glitches, but there are some that I've experienced that have been reported already. Sometimes a changed feature (think it was the nose area) is unable to be undone and basically makes you start over on that feature.

• Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    Don't feel bad, is what I'm trying to say. If you've seen all the screenshots and even one youtube video of the walkstyles, then you've seen cas. Because everything in the screenshots and youtube video, is the extent of what's in cas. There's nothing else hiding in there.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,110 Member
    Don't feel bad, is what I'm trying to say. If you've seen all the screenshots and even one youtube video of the walkstyles, then you've seen cas. Because everything in the screenshots and youtube video, is the extent of what's in cas. There's nothing else hiding in there.

I understand that you are trying to help us but looking at someone else's pics/videos or opinion is not quite the same as trying it for ourselves. We want to see if the game is for us or not, see if we can make sims the way we want to, and how difficult the new tools are.

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TheDeamonTheDeamon Posts: 83 Member
    On the one side i feel like it fits perfectly with Gamescom to release it tomorrow. I would be supper happy.

On the other side though... Being in the camp of people Super dissapointed in the objects... err... babies in sims 4... I've felt the sting of EA and know its entirely possible for them to not even bring out the demo before The base game is released, Or at all for that matter...
    Things change afterall.... :(
  • Options
    TheDeamonTheDeamon Posts: 83 Member

While thats technically true... There's nothing like actually making a sim yourself on your own account.
    Lets take my favorite example...

Your friend has Cake... Yummy delicious cake...
    You see it...
    You Smell it...
    You even hear it as your friend eats it...

But its not your cake...
    You cant eat it...
    You can only drool...

Seeing and experiencing is not the same.
  • Options

I understand that you are trying to help us but looking at someone else's pics/videos or opinion is not quite the same as trying it for ourselves. We want to see if the game is for us or not, see if we can make sims the way we want to, and how difficult the new tools are.

I was going to type something similar, but you've beat me to it. It is true though that there's not a whole lot left but hands-on to the demo.