Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aging in sims 4?

Can someone answer this for me, have the gurus even talked about it?

Do sims still age naturally or do they also only age with the cake? Can you set the lifespan like Sims 3?

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it goes both ways. You can turn age off and then get them a cake, or thay can age once that life stage is complete with or without a cake.
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't have link to tweet but I read that there are 3 lifespans - short, medium, long and sims age naturally or via cake. Just like TS3 - although I don't know about age sliders for every age group...
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2014
    The last official word was that there are a few different ways you can set up aging. You can turn aging on or off for three different categories..

The entire neighborhood
    Your current household
    Any household you have played previously

So you could protect your own households from aging up while letting the rest of the neighborhood age up. You could also do the reverse and only age up your current household keeping the rest around as potential partners for your future generations.

As far as they have said, one thing you can not do is selectively set which households age up and which ones don't, outside of making them active and then turning aging off for previously played households.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    One problem.. If you forget to celebrate your sims birthday, they will become sad mostly that whole day and/or have the forgotten moodlet... :!: :wink: