Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Technology doesn't allow for" excuse

dbgwlj.jpg
This is the graphics for the new WWE 2K15 game, which isn't even on PC. its only on consoles. Look at the detail. The Sims 4 is a disgrace, and dont give me that ******** that the sims 4 is supposed to be cartoony because it gives EA an excuse to make a **** game and it doesnt make up for the poor detail in the entire game aswell. EA is a huge company with lots of money; definitely bigger than 2K. But they make a game that a group of chimps could make better.

Comments

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want an uncanny valley game.

The sims is meant to be silly, not realistic, and once again if The Sims were meant to look realistic, it would look like the latest Simcity.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    That guy kinda looks like a chimp :lol:

I suggest you go crouch behind a table, the forums are a war zone and I can here them coming
    *Rides away on unicorn*
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2014
    If sims ever went that route, then I would be gone. That's not what the sims was ever meant to be. Ever.
  • Options
    GazpachoidGazpachoid Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    That guy kinda looks like a chimp :lol:

I suggest you go crouch behind a table, the forums are a war zone and I can here them coming
    *Rides away on unicorn*
    well the guy looks like a chimp in real life
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    fullspiral wrote:
    If sims ever went that route, then I would be gone. That's not what the sims was ever meant to be. Ever.
    im not talking about the graphics style. im talking about the detail. however, the graphics for the face is completely different technology that cannot be used for the sims 4. it is technology that actually uses the real life photo of the person and converts it into a 3D game face. the sims cant use that because the sims are random people, not depictions of real life persons. BUT STILL, the detail is the main point of my argument. the texture of the skin and the skin tone.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    fullspiral wrote:
    look at the clothes for example. l;ook at his blue shorts, see how real it looks? now look at the shorts from a sim in the sims 4, its a one tone color without any creases or texture.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    Do not want.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:
    dbgwlj.jpg

Yeah.. Comparing the 2, it seems as though your "Realistic" game has his face wrong..

JohnCena.jpg

• Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought I was looking at a photograph. :shock:

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:
    fullspiral wrote:
    im not talking about the graphics style. im talking about the detail. however, the graphics for the face is completely different technology that cannot be used for the sims 4. it is technology that actually uses the real life photo of the person and converts it into a 3D game face. the sims cant use that because the sims are random people, not depictions of real life persons. BUT STILL, the detail is the main point of my argument. the texture of the skin and the skin tone.

I understand what you mean, details, which are important. Yet, they said, eh TS4 doesn't need details. :roll: :roll:

Once upon a time, they did put details into the sims, now they just slap crap together, cut a bunch of stuff out and say TA DA! Look its a new sims game. :roll: :roll:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:
    dbgwlj.jpg

Yeah.. Comparing the 2, it seems as though your "Realistic" game has his face wrong..

JohnCena.jpg

are you blind or something?
  • Options
    loosmaloosma Posts: 372 Member
    edited August 2014
    woah I thought it was a real picture LOL

• Options
    edited August 2014
    I thought I was looking at a photograph. :shock:
    yea, first time i saw this i actually legit thought it was a photograph. if you look at it a bit zoomed out, it looks 100% like a photograph. its just when you look closer into the face that you can finally tell its a video game.
    Ray-Allen-2k14.jpg
    This is from the game NBA 2K14, also from 2K sports. they have really good game face technology. you can even see the pores on his forehead.
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited August 2014
    If the Sims wanted graphics like that, they could. That's not the look they're going for. I, personally, like the look. Fits the games quirky sense of humor. :-)
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AeroFunk80 wrote:
    If the Sims wanted graphics like that, they could. That's not the look they're going for. I, personally, like the look. Fits the games quirky sense of humor. :-)
    no they couldnt. they cant even put open world or pools or transportation. why would anybody think that they would have time to work on the sim's detail.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited August 2014
    Agreed....I don't want the sims to look exactly like that but they could look way better than how they do now. Like if they looked like that but a little more toned down I would.love that style. Seriously though has anyone seen the pics of the grass its so blocky and ugly like a game back in the 90's Idk how Ea even thinks the grass looks good....It's disgusting....At least make the grass look like TS2 or TS3 grass.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited August 2014
    alexandrea wrote:
    Agreed....I don't want the sims to look exactly like that but they could look way better than how they do now. Like if they looked like that but a little more toned down I would.love that style. Seriously though has anyone seen the pics of the grass its so blocky and ugly like a game back in the 90's Idk how Ea even thinks the grass looks good....It's disgusting....At least make the grass look like TS2 or TS3 grass.

^This exactly. They could have created better hair, skin, clothing textures,...and don't even get me started on the environment and that blurry eyesore they're calling grass. Instead, they attempted to salvage their scrapped Olympus project that was built to run on not only PC's, but tablets and phones as well.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Gazpachoid wrote:
    fullspiral wrote:
    look at the clothes for example. l;ook at his blue shorts, see how real it looks? now look at the shorts from a sim in the sims 4, its a one tone color without any creases or texture.

It's irrelevant to me. Mind you, the lack of detail on clothing looks totally out of place in 3, but in 4? I don`t tend to think so.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the new way the Sims look. I don't want them looking hyper realistic because if I wanted that I would've bought a game that looked like that. I want the Sims to be goofy and humorous. I don't want it to be an exact copy of real life, because that wouldn't be any fun, since technically I'm already simulating it.

I don't play Sims to make them look like real life, I play the Sims to have crazy, wacky character that are like extensions of myself that can tell stories that would never happen in real life.

Besides that isn't the type of style that the game is going for at all. You can't compare two VERY VERY VERY different games that aren't in the same genre of games.

It's not that Technology doesn't allow cause it definitely can. It's just that it doesn't fit the style of the game. AT ALL.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oops, double post :oops:
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    It doesn't need to be hyper realistic. Effort, time and some nice details. I could stand some realism, lets not go over board thought. Even pixar movies have more realism them TS4.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think people are missing the OP's point. You can have fantastic graphics while still keeping it cartoony. From what I've seen, imo, the graphics look fine and I really like the art style. However, as always, the terrain paint looks horrible, blurry, and void of detail. Pigs will fly the day we get real, animated, 3D grass and our simmies can mow the lawn.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want an uncanny valley game.

The sims is meant to be silly, not realistic, and once again if The Sims were meant to look realistic, it would look like the latest Simcity.

People keep throwing around this "uncanny valley" term as if it is synonymous with "realistic". The uncanny valley is a dip in the realism graph where something looks close to humanoid but not close enough and therefore is creepy.

From Wikipedia:
    The uncanny valley is a hypothesis in the field of human aesthetics which holds that when human features look and move almost, but not exactly, like natural human beings, it causes a response of revulsion among some human observers. The "valley" refers to the dip in a graph of the comfort level of humans as subjects move toward a healthy, natural human likeness described in a function of a subject's aesthetic acceptability. Examples can be found in the fields of robotics and 3D computer animation, among others.

The Truth About Robots and the Uncanny Valley
    When fantasy is just too close for comfort

uncanny_graph_blog.jpg
    uncanny-valley_500_392_80.jpg

Maybe it's just because I'm used to them, but I don't find realistic looking sims to be creepy. If they were, why would so many people be making them and asking for them?

sclub-ts3-skin-F1.0.jpg
    nosec4.jpg
    3105.jpg
    1338449528_sims-3-imho-4.jpg

Now these are creepy:
    1072399_212961135563102_167498580_o.jpg
    CGI-Face-640x353.jpg
    Feature-570x300.jpg

rifJadC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Feature-570x300.jpg

That's based on the Blythe doll from the 70's. I had a couple of them. I wish I still had them because they are worth 1000's these days.

I wouldn't part with them though. :lol:

• Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought that was actually a picture of John Cena at first glance... Then I read that it's a game lol. Those graphics are amazing.

To be honest, I don't really want realistic graphics for the Sims. I honestly think it would make them look kinda uglier lol.
    original.gif