Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't upload my sim?

Hey everyone,

Recently I've been trying to upload my sim so I can make her my avatar. I've saved her to the launcher and I set her name as her sim name. ( Sapphire Burrak ) Everything seems fine, because I hit upload, the launcher loads the sim and soon it says "uploaded." But as soon as I check my studio, there is no sim. I even checked the exchange for her, but she's still not there. Can anyone help with this?

( P.S I've already renamed her, I've heard that was a bug. )

Comments

• Options
    chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had this issue and discovered it was custom content that was causing the issue. Right now I can do maybe 1 piece of custom content and it MIGHT upload... but basically the way I do my avatars is I make a really boring/generic base-game sim with no custom content whatsoever, then I replace the original thumbnail with the avatar image I want to use. Make sure it is 512x512 pixels in dimension or it might get stretched/squished and look weird.

To find out how to do this, consult this thread, I felt she had easy to follow instructions.
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • Options
    AttheedgeofusAttheedgeofus Posts: 69 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Aww.. that must be why, because my sim is LOADED with CC. And thanks for the link :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Yeeaaahh.... none of my CC-loaded sims ever showed up lol :( tis sad. And no problem I hope you can get an avatar working soon!
    b11vVIw.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I just uploaded a picture of the sim and her daughter, can I set that as my picture or no?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lol that was a pointless question, sorry. Going back to that link you sent me
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    No it's fine... you'd think EA would have a simple system for just uploading whatever image we want as an avatar... but nope, they gotta make it hard for us with lots of CC LOL :(

Like I said, just use the Sims UIC program that that link talked about and replace the first big headshot image with whatever image you want to use, but to make sure it doesn't get stretched or squished try to make sure it's roughly 512x512 :) After replacing it you can upload your plain jane sim and hopefully that will work.
    b11vVIw.jpg