Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Freeplay has more lots than TS4

ยซ1
So I just realized that the mobile game has 43 lots (not including the island lots), and the Sims 4 can only have up to 25.... what?
Also the sims freeplay has pools and toddlers...
Why in the world is the mobile game better than the PC game?
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited August 2014
    So I just realized that the mobile game has 43 lots (not including the island lots), and the Sims 4 can only have up to 25.... what?

I wondered that too.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited August 2014
    EA, you're doing it wrong.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited August 2014
    Go home EA, you're drunk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Really? Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was actually planning to post this today. No need now...

100% agree
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Blue_Moon_LoverBlue_Moon_Lover Posts: 503 Member
    edited August 2014

Are you kidding me?! :shock: :shock: OMG, WHO is going to buy this CRAP CRAP CRAP of a game in the end? :-o I really don't get it... better donate that 60 or 70 dollars to charity, you'd help someone actually.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    But I bet the mobile game doesn't have bromotions or rocket ships

8)
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    Too bad freeplay has to be run in realtime....
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm honestly starting to wonder if they are cheaping out on features because they know how big the modding community is. With a company like EA they would no doubt rather spend less money on content because they know there are people out there making it for free.

I'm sure all the features they are leaving out will be in ep's to make more money. Each ep will probably expand the neighborhood and they know players will want it so it will be a key feature for sales.

Their first ep better be good and it better be a "here's all the stuff we left out including Weather and University(which should be in base game by now anyways), we're sorry" ep or they may lose an even larger part of the fan base.
  • Options
    LMORRISLMORRIS Posts: 7 New Member
    I had the original The Sims game with all it's expansions, then The Sims 2 with all it's expansions and stuff packs, which was a giant leap forward form The Sims. next I bought The Sims 3 with all it's expansions and stuff packs, again significantly better due to open worlds, toddlers, lot sizing, swimming and much more. But it seems all the good stuff went by-by in the Sims 4 in exchange for emotions and better animations. what the heck!! I squealed and jumped when I saw cars, trams and riverboats background buildings, only to find out they are just decoration. the build part would be perfect if it had underground spaces like basements,and pools. I am disappointed and still on the fence about buying The Sims 4
  • Options
    Twoyys4meTwoyys4me Posts: 68 Member
    Freeplay isn't fun anymore though since the sims age and die because you don't have enough time or LP's to actually keep them alive enough to want to do anything with them or earn the annoying orbs that you need to unlock everything. So you can have all those lots but trying to keep your Sims alive long enough to use them all is another matter. Don't even get me started on the Volcano isle. :dizzy_face:
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    As soon as I found out they my Freeplay Sims were gonna start dying on the next update - I quit updating - and decided to wait for TS4 - and now they are doing this to TS4 - well I now have TS2 Ultimate Collection 'for free' and I always have TS3 :)
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    It also has pools and toddlers. Seriously.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    Yeah, it's kind of sad. Freeplay has gotten more advanced, it's kind of a competition for TS4, which should really be worrying EA. I don't like that Sims can die now though :( and the volcano island thing is actually kind of stupid.
  • Options
    Considering they gave The Sims 2 ultimate out to everyone, well, that should be competition enough. I mean, does EA really expect this game to succeed? Its like 3 steps backward.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    I agree with everyone. It takes all the fun out, when your Sims are just gonna die. Twoyys4me your so right no time to get anything done, or have any fun now. They want you to pay for everything. I cannot stand those orbs. I'm never able to get them, If you want your Sims to to not die, you have to use your life points! What is up with that! :p
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    I use to play everyday, I now play about every two days. I'm just not having the fun i use to have. :\
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

The base game of the Sims 4 is already coming with 50 lots though.

You guys are missing the point of the neighbourhoods. They want you to travel inbetween Neighbourhoods in The Sims 4 (which you cant do in The Sims 3 or Freeplay) which means your family will have hundreds of lots to travel/live on when we get a few more Neighbourhoods.

Think of Neighbourhoods as smaller parts to one big city.
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Because its Free and everyone knows that the best things in life are Free.

I wonder if they made the PC version free and gave it the lots, toddlers and pools along with the same amount of customization like the Mobile and having to use Life Orbs how long would people be happy.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    The base game of the Sims 4 is already coming with 50 lots though.

You guys are missing the point of the neighbourhoods. They want you to travel inbetween Neighbourhoods in The Sims 4 (which you cant do in The Sims 3 or Freeplay) which means your family will have hundreds of lots to travel/live on when we get a few more Neighbourhoods.

Think of Neighbourhoods as smaller parts to one big city.

That sounds pretty neat, but that must mean loading screens are back.:/
  • Options
    The Sims Freeplay lost its charm once they literally started making EVERYTHING pay to play. That "Free" ring that you get during the marriage quest wont work without 10 Life Points. How is that free? lol
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    However you can't customize the sims shapes, toddlers look ill (Once again had to speed their aging) and limited in build mode. but think about the game itself (Sims 4) it actually has 50 lots if you mash Oasis Springs and Willow Creek together. Given Sims Freeplay (My first and Favorite Sims game ever next to sims Medieval mobile version) is free and they won't put everything in that the main series has.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    mctheoristmctheorist Posts: 2 New Member
    maybe in TS4 EPs, there should be a Floors and More expansion pack (attics, basements, pools), and a families plus pack (Toddlers, Any other life stage missing, and a new community building where babies (toddlers) can go and play on the playground)
    and maybe a houses and vacations pack (prefab homes and mansions that have moderate level of customization, and finally being able to upload homes to the cloud- and bring vacations from TS2+3 which i loved so much:))
  • Options
    xxDriftingAwayxxDriftingAway Posts: 79 Member
    I would rather not spend over $100 on something just to purchase the base pack and what was missing in the base pack. This is just EA's way of getting you to spend more money on things that were included in the base pack of the original versions. While it may work on some of the die-hard Sims fans, it won't work on me. I loooove the sims but this new iteration just killed it for me. If I ever do buy the sims again, it'll have to have these packs from TS3 all in the base version:
    Generations
    University
    Base Version of TS3 (all the features it has and stuff, including pools and toddlers and open worlds)
    Pets

Don't get me wrong. I did pay for this and play it for about 3-4 hours the day it came out but as soon as I got into CAS & couldn't find anything I started to get turned off... even more so when I entered the world and saw that the biggest lots (or only lots you could buy without cheats) were 30x20. I normally don't have enough space in 60x60 lots because I build out and not up. I'm a fan of 1 story houses as the stairs/elevators take up needed space in both levels (or all levels if I have more than 2, which is rare).
    There are good features when it comes to building rooms with how you can pick them up and move them, how they have already designed rooms (saved me a lot of time in build mode, usually I'm in CAS for 12 and build for 12 but this time I was in case for 2 and build for 1 and played for 1).
    Speaking of CAS, Why do you have to click the face to take sunglasses/hats off of sims... why couldn't they do what they did in TS3 and group all accessories together? I was in CAS trying to figure out how to remove this crap and I was in the accessories section and didn't see either of these... then my sister suggested that I click on the face... BAM! That's when I found everything for the face. I was like "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ?" this makes sense but in a backwards kind of sense. It was easier to create your sims in TS3. Why couldn't they add the drag thing to TS3 and keep everything else? Aka the grouping and everything.
    Speaking of the drag and shape, it didn't work that well on my computer. I have a good graphics card and processor. Certainly one that would 100% work for this game and I was clicking and I had to drag my mouse 2 inches to change anything even a little bit. Most of the stuff you could change, you could already do in TS3, there just weren't specific sliders for unless you downloaded mods. While, you couldn't make their boobs saggy (lol) or their butt huge (lol; made one hell of a hilarious sim before creating a real one) without making them fat, those are minor things to me. Especially since they removed Create-A-Style. That was something I actually used in TS3... a lot! I would download patterns and install them and use them in my game. Now, you are more likely to have 10 sims wearing the same thing because there are only a certain amount of colors/styles that you can get from the game before you are forced to download mods with new stuff... which I'm not even sure if you can download mods with new stuff... if you can, then that seems ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ backwards to me.

Just a note: No, I don't like to play those stupid preview games. They just build up hype for something like this that just lets you down, so I didn't play the CAS only version. No, I didn't watch anything at E3 as I was busy and never got around to it.

All-in-All, I give TS4 a 3/100... & That is a high rating for me. I gave them such a high rating for the features they do have:
    The way you build houses & can move rooms. This is a ++ for the game.
    How real the sims look and act. You can actually multi-task which is fun and useful. Why you couldn't before is ridic...

I realize that EA wanted to strip all of the features because they wanted it to be played on really low end computers, which is understandable, but why not state that in all of your advertisements and whatnot. Why just avoid the topic? Oh, right... to make money. They made it for low-end computers but gave it a high-end game price... that makes complete sense. The people who have these low-end computers can most definitely afford to pay $80-120 for a base version of the game with no extra features.... yeah, total sense. /sarcasm
    I just role my eyes at The Sims 4 at this point and what EA has done to it. It is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    The sims freeplay has been around for a long time (years? I'm not sure when it came out), the Sims 4 has been out a week. And didn't anyone ever tell you that size doesn't matter...
    Customers donโ€™t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter