Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But she called MY Sim!! Sims 2

Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
My Sim didn't call her!

Let me tell you what happened. I have a single male Sim living in Belladonna Cove. He went bowling and had had a bite out to eat then went home. Some random chick called him saying she found some new places downtown that she wanted to check out with him. He says sure and they hang up. When the option came up to go downtown it didn't say where this chick was at so I clicked out the option and sent my Sim to bed. Then the woman gets mad and says I stood her up and don't call her again. Okay...I won't call her. And she called my Sim not the other way around. :?

This game is just so random.....

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2014
    The chick would have been at wherever you sent your Sim. The game doesn't know what community lots you have and there isn't a difference in a grocery store to a restaurant to a club in the game's coding. So it leaves the choosing up to you since you can better tell the grocery store from the club :P

Your Sim did stand her up. Your Sim said he would meet her somewhere and then didn't.

The game isn't always very clear on why things happen the way they do :P
  • Options
    bookwormtraitbookwormtrait Posts: 635 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just started playing Sims 2 as well, and it was something introduced with Nightlife. I think it's just a way to help gain a few acquaintances and introduce the downtown atmosphere. Haha the first time I got the call, I was thinking "I don't even know you, and you're asking me to hang out!?! :shock: " Anyway, when the menu for the downtown lot options pops up, you can pick any lot and that's where the meeting point will be. You form a large group with the original caller and a bunch of other townies, and it does help get friendships started, at least I think so! Hoped this helped! :-)

EDIT: Dang it, Seera, beat me to the punch! :wink:
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh...ok. I didn't know that lol. Well I will know now for future reference.

And yeah, I guess he did stand her up, which really was unintentional but the thing that doesn't make sense is that she said not to call her again when SHE called HIM. And I have no intention of calling her anyways.

Sims....