Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help needed, Sims 2 Ultimate Collection unplayable?

Hi everyone, I just installed the ultimate sims2 collection on my laptop. And it is basically unplayable, the loading screen show that it is loading "the pets" expension pack and yet when you can choose the towns (where it should be three) i see nothing but "create a custom town" which I do not really want to do. Ok, so before downloading the sims 2, I uninstalled every thing from my sims 3 collections because my laptop don't have too much space. The whole sims 3 collection I had is around 14G. Yet, now I installed this huge sims 2 collection which is almost 12G, it did pop up saying "you have limited disk space and it might cause some problem, are you sure you want to launch the game?" (not actual quote, I am paraphrasing)I launch the game anyway and this happened to me

I want to ask if anyone had this problem as well? Or any suggestions of how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    mytoughgirlmytoughgirl Posts: 18
    edited August 2014
    @Rflong7 thanks, that is exactly the problem I am having right now!!! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi :)

Sorry about it not working. Here's another link that might help-
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/SOLUTION-No-Neighborhoods-to-pick-from/m-p/3155346
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Rflong7 Sorry to bother you again, but I cannot find any folder named EA games in my registry editor, I tried finding it in "KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE--> SOFTWARE" and also tried "Wow6432Node" both cannot find any EA game folder.
    Also if this mean anything to you, I did not go with the Origin default setting of installing downloaded games ins C:\ because I do not have enough space in it, I changed the setting to
    Downloaded Games: D:\Program Files(x86)\
    Game Installers: D:\Origin Games\cache
    So these are my settings that I DID change, other than that, I have no trouble with the Sims 3.

If you can tell me what should I do, that would be really great. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I use the default install but I would guess you could use the Search feature in the Registry. I'm on Win7 so in the Registry I use Ctrl+F keys to bring up the search and type in EA Games - that brought up the folder. =]
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited August 2014
    I couldn't find it either, but I went into Documents>EA Games>The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

That little "TM" after the "2" needs to be removed. Right click on the UC folder and select "Rename" then delete the "TM" and enter.

You should see towns when your game starts up.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ErnesaT I checked, my sims 2 folder just said "the sims 2 ultimate collection" there is no TM sigh at all. I am really confused at this whole thing maybe I should re-install it again? I checked all of my sims 2 realted stuff, it all says "the sims 2 blah blah blah" and no TM sign anywhere.
  • Options
    starburstcecestarburstcece Posts: 40 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi! You might want to try this-
    (also please note that I just had this exact same problem a couple days ago!)

Go into your origin and then click MY GAMES.

Right click on the game and click Check for updates. Let it do it's thing and then try opening the game again..
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    programfiles.png
    neighborhoods.png

This is how I reset my towns. I copy the neighborhood files I show highlighted in the pictures above ^^^^ from the programs directory, and paste them in the My documents location shown below ...

destination.png

Let me take a moment to locate the other neighborhoods. :wink:

eta: Here's 2 more. The town froms season and freetime.

Seasons.png

freetime.png

I think there's more let me check...

Here's the one for apartment life, Belladonna Cove
    apartment.png

Just make sure you copy and paste. Do not cut and paste, or you'll lose your unaltered backup of the original towns.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @statburstcece Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it now!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @exotickitten I tired your method but it is not working... I am still stuck with "build your own neighborhood" Don't know what is left to try. But thank you for the effort anyway! I am so surprised that most people on this forum is so nice. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I also have a quite confused problem as I keep reading a lot of people have their "EA games" folder and I looked EVERYWHERE in my laptop, nope, nothing. I only have the folder called "Origin Games" are they the same thing??
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2014
    Did you go to documents/EA games/ TheSims2 Ultimate Collection?
    :) Smile!

• Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think you need:
    -to go through your computer and decide what programs you don't need and get rid of them
    -Uninstall the sims 2
    -You probably should run a program like ccleaner (cleans up temporary/obsolete files and registry)
    -then do a disc cleanup
    -then a disc defrag

Then see if you have enough memory to install the game. Because it sounds to me like you may not have enough memory.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited August 2014
    Is your game in 'my games' in Origin?

If it is, right click & select 'repair'.

I read someplace else that this method worked for another Simmer.

Good luck.