Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2: UC - Try the "More..." option, go on!

Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
It doesn't work :oops:

When you click on a sim there are many actions, you should see "More..." on the top of the pie menu (With the sims head), the more... option doesn't work :(
Me on a spiritual level
30vnk7k.gif

Comments

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't understand what you mean.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    He means in the interaction pie menu.
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had the exact same problem with my TS2 UC :( I had to rapidly click 'More' like 50 times and then MAYBE it would work, but by then it would have skipped ahead back to the main menu again.

My laptop has a dedicated graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce) and an integrated card (Intel HD). My dedicated GC is default for all of my installed games but I found out that for some reason TS2 was running with my integrated card and it was causing issues like this in my game as well as loads of graphical issues (I've heard TS2 and Intel HD really don't mix). Now whenever I play I right click the application and select "Run with graphics processor... NVIDA GeForce" and I have no more problems. I've tried changing the default graphics card for TS2 but every time it goes back to Intel HD so I have to make sure I do this every time I launch the game. If you have integrated or Intel HD graphics, this may be causing your problem.

I hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No I have a GTX 770 so that won't do anything.

If anyone knows of a fix let us know!
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did yall download the patches? You right click on the coverart I'm told in your games catagory and it installs the updates.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    Have you guys tried restarting the game? I had the same problem the first time I loaded up the game, but not the second one.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It still happens once it's restarted. This is really annoying. I also have it updated/patched as well.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member
    edited July 2014
    EA has closed down Sims 2 support, and they don't even give the player's a space on this board.

No problem.. pop over to MTS http://modthesims.info/ and ask over there in the Sims 2 discussion boards, plenty of people there to provide help.

Please watch your manners, it's different from the Sims 3 boards.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had this issue until I read that you need to update the game.

-Open your origin client,
    -right click on the game
    -select "check for updates"
    -Let it do it's thing.
    -Then reload the game, and all fixed.

You have to let it do whatever it does, then I would restart my pc if I were you(for good measure). Then load the game. It will work. It fixed it for me, and I had that more... stuck thing for days. Which really was not fun, because I was trying to run a business. Now I have no issues at all. :wink:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    occonooccono Posts: 41 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have this problem too. Will try update.

Edit: Update didn't work. It still requires lots and lots of clicking "More..." to get it to work. :/
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:

Have you double checked that the game is actually running with your GTX 770? I didn't even know I had an integrated card as well until I checked mine :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SlyBoots wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:

Have you double checked that the game is actually running with your GTX 770? I didn't even know I had an integrated card as well until I checked mine :lol:

In my case I know for sure it's running on my 7670m.

I don't think this would be a graphics card issue. It's like the game has trouble loading up the "More...." options. It'd be more like a CPU/Compatability issue.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    How strange... I have no problem clicking on "More" and getting the options to come up.
    I'm on a laptop.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    I remember another thread where this was a problem. I was thinking it had to do with the graphics driver and having to roll it back to an earlier version. I'll try to find it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I do have one other minor issue: A dog dug in my yard and created these piles, the ground around the piles is a transparent void.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had this issue until I read that you need to update the game.

-Open your origin client,
    -right click on the game
    -select "check for updates"
    -Let it do it's thing.
    -Then reload the game, and all fixed.

You have to let it do whatever it does, then I would restart my pc if I were you(for good measure). Then load the game. It will work. It fixed it for me, and I had that more... stuck thing for days. Which really was not fun, because I was trying to run a business. Now I have no issues at all. :wink:

Thank you for this. While I wasn't aware of any problems while I played, I did wonder if it came fully patched or not. I appreciate the step-by-step you gave, also. The other poster simply said to right click on the coverart. I went into my documents and realized no such "file" existed in UC. :shock: So glad you responded. I'm not fully patched. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I've found the solution. For Windows 8.1 users you need to run TS2 in Windows 8 not 8.1. This worked for me x
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I have the same problem. I just push the tab key and it will show you the 'more' options.