Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After Mac Update, TS3 Ignoring the TS3 Folder?!

So, I've been avoiding updating my OS for a while in fear that it would affect my very perfectly tuned Sims. I had all the Nraas mods I wanted and a bit of non-risky CC.

I recently updated my Mac for...some reason? (I don't remember why.)I hadn't played snice before updating, but when I tried to the other day, the stupid launcher popped up. Which is odd since I went in and made sure to bypass the launcher. Before the update on my OS, anyway. I go ahead and start the game, and whattya know. Not a single bit of mods in my game. No save files. No saved sims. Nothing.

So I tried removing my The Sims 3 folder from the Electronic Arts folder to let it make a new folder.

And the game loaded up fine, but it never made a new folder. So that means it's completely ignoring the folder which is baffling. Anyone know what's up or how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited July 2014
    Did you try any of BlueBellFlora's suggestions?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page

She might have something in there to help you out.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm no stranger to her Mac help. I figure I can try a clean reinstall, but I am just confused as to why, all of a sudden, TS3 is completely ignoring the Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 folder. It not creating a new folder is proof that it's ignoring it. But it still seems to run, just...without anything. I obviously can still play, but it's the saved games and sims that I'm most bummed about. I still have them, just...can't do anything with them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh, don't delete them! I find it strange that the game didn't regenerate a new Sims 3 folder. Did you search your computer to see if another one is out there?

I'd rather see if we can fix the "routing" instead of having to reinstall the game.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I've looked, but I'm not sure where to start. I used spotlight (which didn't find anything). I'm going to try to save a game after moving the TS3 folder out to see if it generates a folder then.

Even my launcher is swiped of CC. It's...just strange.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited July 2014
    Put the Sims 3 folder you moved on a USB/External HD so you know it's safe, then unplug the USB/External, restart your Mac and boot up your game. See if it's recreated another one in the Documents folder.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oh, and look in the Preferences folder in your hidden Library folder (for instructions on how to locate it read my uninstall/reinstall post). I've read that some peoples' TS3 folders have popped up there!
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Mine did on my Windows side. I hadn't thought of that!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Weird!
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nope. Not in my Preferences folder. And my Cider Preferences folder is completely empty. There are, however, transgaming files littering my entire Preferences folder. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That would be because the game is installed. Did you try my previous suggestion of using a USB? Did the new save vanish too?!
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I did, but my USB didn't have enough room, so I just gave up. I might just do a clean reinstall. It's not that big of a deal to me.