Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still Waiting for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? Got a Physical Copy? Click Here.

Hey Everyone,

I got my TS2 Ultimate Collection yesterday, but only after calling into customer service again, AFTER they gave me the code. The person I chatted with online who gave me the code told me that I should wait a few days and then TS2 Ultimate Collection would be in my Origin.

But after refreshing and refreshing for a week, I got frustrated and called customer service with the "Call Back" option. When the person called me, he apologized for the other attendant's mistake and said that players who want TS3UC have to call in to ask for it--it will not just appear in Origin.

So, if you are still waiting, call in and explain that you have TS2 on Origin, and that you need TS2UC still.

Also, if you have a physical copy, and/or you do not have the code for the game, you are first going to have to contact them to put the regular TS2 in your Origin in the first place. If you do not have your game code, try searching online for a code to the game. This is not unethical, as someone has previously stated, because codes can be used an unlimited amount of times.

Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you do not have your game code, try searching online for a code to the game. This is not unethical, as someone has previously stated, because codes can be used an unlimited amount of times.

This is not good advice. When I contacted them to get my copy of TS2UC, I provided them with the code from my physical copy. I had unknowingly registered it to an old account with a username I could no longer recall. Since I could not provide that detail, they asked me for my date of birth instead. And because I provided the correct date of birth, they added the UC to my account.

If people start searching for codes online and using those, if the game has previously been registered under that code, then the reps are going to cotton on when people cannot provide the correct details. Who knows, it may get you blacklisted, so I do NOT advise doing this.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    Double post.
  • Options
    Nigerian373Nigerian373 Posts: 673 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you do not have your game code, try searching online for a code to the game. This is not unethical, as someone has previously stated, because codes can be used an unlimited amount of times.

This is not good advice. When I contacted them to get my copy of TS2UC, I provided them with the code from my physical copy. I had unknowingly registered it to an old account with a username I could no longer recall. Since I could not provide that detail, they asked me for my date of birth instead. And because I provided the correct date of birth, they added the UC to my account.

If people start searching for codes online and using those, if the game has previously been registered under that code, then the reps are going to cotton on when people cannot provide the correct details. Who knows, it may get you blacklisted, so I do NOT advise doing this.

I completely disagree.

1) If you search for a code online and find one, then that code has obviously been posted freely by the owner for people to use.

2) If someone were to find themselves in a situation like the one you described, where they are being asked for more details than they have, the solution is simple: close the chat, or hang up. There is no threat of being blacklisted, unless you yourself take the situation to that point.

Anyway, the point of this thread was to let people know that The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection may NOT automatically show up in your Origin, so if you have been waiting for a while, then try calling in.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited July 2014

I completely disagree.

1) If you search for a code online and find one, then that code has obviously been posted freely by the owner for people to use.

2) If someone were to find themselves in a situation like the one you described, where they are being asked for more details than they have, the solution is simple: close the chat, or hang up. There is no threat of being blacklisted, unless you yourself take the situation to that point.

Anyway, the point of this thread was to let people know that The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection may NOT automatically show up in your Origin, so if you have been waiting for a while, then try calling in.

Just because the person who posted it doesn't mind people using their code, EA does. EA will ONLY give the game out to people who the code is registered to.

And if the code is not registered EA will likely ask for picture proof you own the game.

And the locations of these codes may not be in the safest places for people to visit with regards to computer safety.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't think using a code you found on the internet is wise, or fair, and suggesting that people do this shows a lack personal integrity. :? It would be better to suggest that they take pictures of their original discs and/or boxes to prove they indeed possessed a copy of the game.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe and still have the book with the code for it though I was never able to register on the old site until I got AVG on my old computer because i was missing the protection and I was able to get TS2 Ultimate Collection just by giving correct information from my current TS3 account and the install code from the disk I had.I didn't get the virus protection installed onto my old computer before the TS2 site went down.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg