Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you take screenshots for the Sims 4 CAS demo?

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys, :D

I am at a loss about how to take a screenshot of the household and my simself that I have made. :oops: :oops: I shared both of them in the gallery and someone even downloaded it :shock: but I cannot figure out how to take a pic! I know some of you have the CAS demo too and I have seen pictures of your beautiful sims and so I thought I would ask you guys. Would love to share my household and simmie self with you guys. :D

Comments

• Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    You could try using the print screen key and pasting the picture in an image editor then saving the image. Hope this helps since I'd love to see your sims :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi yanti,

Great! You have the Sims4 Demo too :thumbup:

Push the "Windows" and "Print" button, but it works in the windows-screen only. :) You find the screens in the picture folder and then I edit it with Photoshop. :-)
    x6kikn.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thanks Fischio and Anches! How nice of you guys to help me! I will definitely try that. ((Hugs)) :D:D
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi Yanti! How are you enjoying the demo? I've read something about this in another thread (think it was Imoger's) about people having the same issue. Apparently there's no short cut like the 'C' button in Sims 3 to take screenshots, and they all used the Print Screen button too, and then pasted it in Paint to get their pictures. Hope you're having fun with the demo! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Corwim wrote:
    Hi Yanti! How are you enjoying the demo? I've read something about this in another thread (think it was Imoger's) about people having the same issue. Apparently there's no short cut like the 'C' button in Sims 3 to take screenshots, and they all used the Print Screen button too, and then pasted it in Paint to get their pictures. Hope you're having fun with the demo! :)

Hi there Wim! Lovely to see you here! ((Hugs)) The demo is good! I like the various features of Create a Sim! It is much more detailed than Sims 3. Some of the outfits are good too but I still miss the Create a Style tool! I want to change colours and patterns of the outfits! :( Also, some of the hairstyles looks so unreal! Disappointed with the graphics a bit! I was running the demo on ultra high settings! Didn't like the fact that I have to be connected to Origin constantly to play the demo! I do not trust Origin! :lol: I hope they change that when the game is released?? The gallery thing bothered me too. There is no filter! So if you download from the gallery you can never be sure whether a build/ sim is CC free or not! Will take some pics when I get more time. Still hooked on to Sims 3 and cannot stop building to play more with the demo! :lol::lol: Thanks for your help! You are sweet! :D
  • Options
    withthecrimelabwiththecrimelab Posts: 691 Member
    edited July 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    4. I would like to be able to take screenshots of my household and simmies. Hope that will be added to the game?

yanti, if you're on windows 7 like me, and even the screenshots you take manually show up as blank; you can right click on the sims4 cas demo (in your start menu or wherever) and go to properties, then go to the compatibility tab and click disable desktop composition. Then you should be able to take screenshots manually by ctrl+prtscn and then copy and pasting them into an image program like paint or photoshop.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you very much for helping me out withthecrimelab! Very nice of you! I will post some pics soon. :D