Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Tidbits about Whims

Lyndsay Pearson ‏@SimGuruLyndsay 1h
@SimGuruJohn I think it's cool when my Sim has a whim to Cry Under the Covers when she's sad. It always makes me feel so bad for her!

John Berges ‏@SimGuruJohn 1h
One of my favorite little Sims 4 features: Hovering over a whim will tell you WHY your Sim wants to do that thing; it's a fun bit of insight

These little things being added to the game are what get me excited! I love little interactions like this and also having insight into the mind of our sims. The main thing I love with the game is the concept of having characters that are living their lives and telling their stories. Emotions and realistic interactions will help immensely in creating fun and believable stories. :)

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    alan650111 wrote:
    These little things being added to the game are what get me excited!
    frabz-NOT-SURE-IF-BEST-DAY-EVER-OR-JUST-EASILY-EXCITED-5f8c0d.jpg

I go with B.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    alan650111 wrote:
    Lyndsay Pearson ‏@SimGuruLyndsay 1h
    @SimGuruJohn I think it's cool when my Sim has a whim to Cry Under the Covers when she's sad. It always makes me feel so bad for her!

John Berges ‏@SimGuruJohn 1h
    One of my favorite little Sims 4 features: Hovering over a whim will tell you WHY your Sim wants to do that thing; it's a fun bit of insight

These little things being added to the game are what get me excited! I love little interactions like this and also having insight into the mind of our sims. The main thing I love with the game is the concept of having characters that are living their lives and telling their stories. Emotions and realistic interactions will help immensely in creating fun and believable stories. :)

I agree, thanks for the info.
    I think our Sims are going to be more alive then ever before. I can't wait to see my sims emotions and why he wants to do things. This is going to be so much more interesting and fun.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    alan650111 wrote:

I go with B.

You just criticized one of my posts in another thread. Perhaps you have a problem with people enjoying the game because they made a formulated opinion? I really don't understand why it matters so much to you if I am excited about Sims 4?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Another tidbit:

@calibos33 @SimGuruJohn The emotion specific whims usually help to repair an emotion (like sad) or to make it stronger (like inspired)
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    Little features like that are nice but...the whole problem lies in that they tell us about these things instead of showing us. In the sims 3 they told us traits would have a major impact on personality and it would be this vibrant open world. Neither of those things came true. With their track record of not being truthful I won't believe anything without seeing it.
  • Options
    Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think these things would be fun!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    alan650111 wrote:
    You just criticized one of my posts in another thread. Perhaps you have a problem with people enjoying the game because they made a formulated opinion? I really don't understand why it matters so much to you if I am excited about Sims 4?
    Its not that you have an opinion, but that your opinion is so blind to the truth of what is really happening here.

I'm sorry, but you guys crack me up. There is nothing, nothing at all, to justify the release of Sims 4 at this point. Its not a true or worthy successor to the Sims 3, and anyone that believes that either is unaware of whats missing or will buy anything "Sims"...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    alan650111 wrote:

1025708d1364429749-dear-japanese-watchmakers-please-stop-24-hour-subdials-stop-liking-what-i-dont-like.jpg

Thanks for the info, sounds interesting. I often wonder why my sims in TS3 have a certain wish when it doesn't seem like anything could have given them that idea.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    Little features like that are nice but...the whole problem lies in that they tell us about these things instead of showing us. In the sims 3 they told us traits would have a major impact on personality and it would be this vibrant open world. Neither of those things came true. With their track record of not being truthful I won't believe anything without seeing it.

That is what bothers me. They keep tweeting all that goes on with their Sims but don't post pictures or video. Instead they show us a video from a month ago.

Those features sound nice but I want to see them in action.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    alan650111 wrote:

I go with B.

Should they spend all their time recreating everything we had in the sims 3? Because I thought this was a new generation of the sims not a recreation of previous games.. I like all the new features that they added and I'm happy with it.. I'm a sim player just like you, your mad and I'm happy... They cant please everyone.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    This. This is amazing! I love all the little things. They're so lifelike now.

I can't even stop watching that Gameplay demo. :lol:
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    I_am_beanI_am_bean Posts: 1,568 Member
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    1025708d1364429749-dear-japanese-watchmakers-please-stop-24-hour-subdials-stop-liking-what-i-dont-like.jpg

This sums up the forums in one epic meme. Thanks for the laugh, you made my night! :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Should they spend all their time recreating everything we had in the sims 3? Because I thought this was a new generation of the sims not a recreation of previous games...
    Wow, this is almost TOO easy.

No, they shouldn't spend all their time recreating the Sims 3. They should use that for a baseline of features though. So if they elect to use a new engine, mostly due to a VERY stupid decision, then they better be able to recreate the baseline feature set.

Period. This is not rocket science. I mean seriously there is NO preorder incentive or reason to be on board at this point. Folks that have preordered today absolutely REFUSE to be wrong and insist they MUST see it for themselves EVEN THOUGH there will be plenty of reviews released on day 1 blasting the game. Its common sense.

If Grand Theft Auto went back to the overmap view from the original I am pretty sure you would get the same response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't evolution or next generation. This is just, well nothing much at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

YAS! This is exactly the mentality of the toddler-like whiner side of the forums. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not all of them are like that but most I've seen. Heh heh
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    YAS! This is exactly the mentality of the toddler-like whiner side of the forums. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not all of them are like that but most I've seen. Heh heh
    Don't even ask what we think of you guys...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Should they spend all their time recreating everything we had in the sims 3? Because I thought this was a new generation of the sims not a recreation of previous games...

No, they shouldn't spend all their time recreating the Sims 3. They should use that for a baseline of features though. So if they elect to use a new engine, mostly due to a VERY stupid decision, then they better be able to recreate the baseline feature set.

Period. This is not rocket science. I mean seriously there is NO preorder incentive or reason to be on board at this point. Folks that have preordered today absolutely REFUSE to be wrong and insist they MUST see it for themselves EVEN THOUGH there will be plenty of reviews released on day 1 blasting the game. Its common sense.

If Grand Theft Auto went back to the overmap view from the original I am pretty sure you would get the same response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't evolution or next generation. This is just, well nothing much at all.

Yeah, Im not reading all that whining and complaining. Its not worth my time. I guess I just got to come to the realization that theres going to be a lot of crying over things that the whiners didn't get and just skip over that crap. Seriously, I understand loving the game but at the end of the day it is still just a game and hopefully someday you get over it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:

And those explanation points? Looks like throwing a fit to me..
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:

People are wondering why TS4 has no toddlers. I tell you it's because the toddlers escaped to this forum to throw unnecessary fits. :(
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And BOOKMARKED! Let's see how you feel in a few weeks (assuming they don't delay it).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    bflury wrote:

People are wondering why TS4 has no toddlers. I tell you it's because the toddlers escaped to this forum to throw unnecessary fits. :(

lmao EVERYONE THAT PRE-ORDERS IS WRONG!! They must be blind lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    And BOOKMARKED! Let's see how you feel in a few weeks (assuming they don't delay it).

Im not crazy like some. Im a big girl and can get over it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    If telling me I am acting childish is supposed to trigger something, you may have the wrong person.

Look I have enough common sense to realize this is a stinker. I was all pro Sims 4 BACK IN MAY. Now, not so much. How many features do they have to cut before you all change your minds? I don't know, nor really care that much. You all can waste $70. Me and "several" others will be happily waiting on the sideline to pick it up once it hits bargain bins a month or two later.
  • Options
    jessidollkidjessidollkid Posts: 100 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    alan650111 wrote:
    Its not that you have an opinion, but that your opinion is so blind to the truth of what is really happening here.

I'm sorry, but you guys crack me up. There is nothing, nothing at all, to justify the release of Sims 4 at this point. Its not a true or worthy successor to the Sims 3, and anyone that believes that either is unaware of whats missing or will buy anything "Sims"...

I swear to god, you are on every single thread, and not one thing you have said in the creation of your account is any help to any living person on the face of the planet. You are so angry, and really, we get it. We get your opinion on the Sims 4. We are not here to make you laugh, and if we're excited for a new feature of the Sims 4, we will be with or without your judging. Your opinion is known to everyone across the whole forum, and us buying a new edition is obviously ruining your life if you need to post the same, sad description of telling us we're blind sheep every time you see an opportunity to do so.

Also: I think that's awesome that the Sims live with purpose other than just their Lifetime Wish, they can actually react to things around them in a more life like manner.

+A million Sims 4.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited July 2014
    @Bfury

Some people are happy with less. Let it be that way for them. I'm just bring my popcorn and my coca cola for Sept 2nd.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    If telling me I am acting childish is supposed to trigger something, you may have the wrong person.

Look I have enough common sense to realize this is a stinker. I was all pro Sims 4 BACK IN MAY. Now, not so much. How many features do they have to cut before you all change your minds? I don't know, nor really care that much. You all can waste $70. Me and "several" others will be happily waiting on the sideline to pick it up once it hits bargain bins a month or two later.

You just don't seem to understand the concept of people liking Sims 4 IN SPITE of certain features not being there. It is not a crime to get excited for this game! The people who are looking forward to the game have read all the news you have and want to buy it still! Anyway, can we please steer this thread back to whims and emotions??? :)