Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems installing store content (I think)

Purchased Sims 3 plus UL and ITF during Steam sale only to find that XPs and SPs purchased through Origin will not install on top of the Steam install. Bad Valve, bad EA - learn to play nicely in the sandbox. <sigh> OK, fine </sigh>.

Uninstall Steam version, reboot, remove leftover game folder from Steam directory, reboot. Download Sims 3 through Origin and patch it. Download and install XPs through Origin (no particular sequence other than how they show up in Origin client - top of the list first, bottom of the list last). Drop Overwatch mod on top of that. Game and XPs seem to be running just fine.

Only issue is bonus store content, specifically the Riverview world. Absolutely will not install. Same with other bonus store content, although less of an issue since it's mostly stuff. Shows up in the launcher as downloaded and installed. Shows up in the main game menu as not downloaded and not installed. Downloading and installing from the main game menu does not make it appear on the drop-down starting world list, even though it says it should be there ("yep, I've finished and your world is now on the list," but it isn't), but it duplicates in the launcher list (multiple copies of Riverwood showing). Stuff also does not install and duplicates in the launcher list, but I rather like the Riverview world, so it's the larger issue for me. There is also a persistent message about patching the store content, which I do, but when I tell it to patch, it says that everything is fine and up-to-date only to say that it's unpatched the next time I launch.

Since the game itself seems to be otherwise working just fine, I'm kind of at a loss on this one. Any help/tips/suggestions for where I went wrong? Thanks.

(EDIT: Riverwood changed to Riverview - will get names straight eventually)

Comments

• Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2014
    Bumping in the hope of a solution. Thanks.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    edited July 2014
    Short version of solution: remove the installation, clean up lingering file and folders, run registry cleaner, reboot, redownload base game and patch. Riverview went in as the first content after the base game installation and patch. Other content went in after that. Finally, expansion packs on top of that. Could have really lived without the several hours of babysitting the downloads and installations. There are still five or six items (stuff) that won't download or install, but the rest did and everything seems to be working correctly.