Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hooray for sim weddings! Always eventful. LOL.

That's pretty bad.

My worst was where the groom just didn't show up at all, but the bride kept waiting, and all her guests got mad at waiting and left (not very supportive of the girl who just got left at the alter).
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    A meteor killed Jamie Jolina's soon-to-be husband, Jared Frio, on her wedding day.
    original.jpg
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    edited July 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    A meteor killed Jamie Jolina's soon-to-be husband, Jared Frio, on her wedding day.
    original.jpg

That's horrible! I always liked Jared lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:

That's pretty bad.

My worst was where the groom just didn't show up at all, but the bride kept waiting, and all her guests got mad at waiting and left (not very supportive of the girl who just got left at the alter).

Poor sim :( Did they eventually get married?
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited July 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    original.jpg

Even the wedding arch is singed :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sheesh, ya'll have had some rotten luck. :cry:

Mine isn't nearly that bad.

My simself and husband's simself exchanged rings in the bathroom. I didn't even realize it was the bathroom really until I wanted to go take a picture and the toliet was in the background. That's when it dawned on me. But the only reason I did the rushed wedding was because I just found out I was pregnant from a risky woohoo and IRL my husband and I were pregnant before we were married and I wanted it to be true to facts in my game. So I rushed the interactions to get married. Silly me. Should've waited until she'd finished throwing up and left the room. :lol:

ETA: IRL my husband and I were pregnant AFTER (not before like I said) we were married. Gosh, my brain isn't functioning today.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, that is rotten luck. So far all the ones I threw went off perfectly, but I don't go through all the work very often for public weddings.

My favorite one, and this one went off without any problems...almost. The only problem I had in this one, is that I had to send the mother to CAS to try to change her winter outfit. She walked in and refused to change out of her coat. This was the closes I could find to replace that dreadful thing she was wearing. I had to cheat to make that happen because mom does not live in the household. It was a small wedding, because two of those guys hates it when there is a large number of sims in the same room. So it was kept to this small number, her mom and dad, and his best friends were the only ones invited. I kept plenty of Plasma Fruit laying around to keep anyone from killing over.

1016038_206548829495420_946638372_n.jpg

1004584_206548559495447_156399461_n.jpg?oh=b3d6f279a7d6c8295499ec97f36b4058&oe=5448120B

945927_206548676162102_325617913_n.jpg?oh=3c97bd4960c4db6d32a4043eb89b2980&oe=54574CEA&__gda__=1413035940_69510af22d369e3d7bce163ee2f35008

1016515_206548329495470_67446219_n.jpg

1004576_206548706162099_744401783_n.jpg

The only reason I went through all this work, when I normally don't was because of this.

225819_205919712891665_775382850_n.jpg

When she was a little girl, she would always have little thought bubbles of a wedding, so I took that as a little girl's dream of having a fancy wedding. I do miss her.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:

That's pretty bad.

Poor sim :( Did they eventually get married?

No, that was the end of their relationship, she wasn't too forgiving after the humiliation.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    original.jpg

Ouch, that sucks.
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited July 2014
    Never really cared much for the wedding parties themselves.

More often than not for me, it's a private wedding between Shark Racket and Sinbad Rotter. One time it took place in a bathroom, and Shark was heavily pregnant. (This...tended to happen a lot between the two of them, thanks to mods. 60 percent of the time, Sinbad knocked up Shark and ended up marrying him to save face)

And then Shark had his baby shortly after they got married, so...I guess that counts as eventful. :lol:
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know a player who described a botched up wedding where she repeatedly clicked on the bride to exchange vows, but was refused. It turns out she wasn't really clicking on the bride, but a guest who looked similar. Eventually the real bride-to-be came over, slapped the groom in the face for being unfaithful, and stormed off.

Reportedly the poor guy never recovered from this player-induced mistake and lived out the rest of his sim life alone and miserable. :cry:
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, this pregnant bride got sick at her reception:

YpFCw6hFiM48fJYVuBrhLIqDAWGHUf3JJHzHt8eoWhA=w457-h255-p-no

And I learned not to schedule a wedding on the night of a full moon:

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/XvS6vLtHUDQpB0hCBNnEv5q3Pq4Ly1RPBiBszWRqmeM=w458-h255-p-no[/img]

Here a zombie guest cleans up - in the newlyweds' bedroom while they are sleep. Nope, not at all creepy.

wDHyux541egOyW-mW60pgnSmFm4D4hJy-B0WsOf9y3g=w457-h255-p-no

At least she liked the party.
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    My worst one was when my Sims in Monte Vista got married, and one Sim showed up in his astronaut uniform instead of formal wear...then died right after the ceremony. Then his widow spent the whole reception crying. That was a bit of a downer. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    igazor wrote:
    I know a player who described a botched up wedding where she repeatedly clicked on the bride to exchange vows, but was refused. It turns out she wasn't really clicking on the bride, but a guest who looked similar. Eventually the real bride-to-be came over, slapped the groom in the face for being unfaithful, and stormed off.

Reportedly the poor guy never recovered from this player-induced mistake and lived out the rest of his sim life alone and miserable. :cry:

Oh my gosh, that is so horrible, but also very amusing. :lol:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Oh my gosh, that is so horrible, but also very amusing. :lol:

Yeah, I guess "But honey, I thought she was you" only goes so far as an excuse no matter how much charisma a sim has. :D
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2014
    I decided it would be brilliant to stage a wedding on a beach so I went into Edit Town and added a wedding arch, seats, stereo, buffet and wedding cake table to the chosen beach, then returned to Live Mode and duly threw the Wedding Party and then sent the bride to the beach to wait for her groom and the guests.

So far so good. Unfortunately, as soon as everyone arrived at the beach, they all immediately switched into their swimwear and started swimming in the ocean! Including the bride and groom! The bride was the only controllable sim there, so I cancelled her Swim In The Ocean action, told her to switch back into her Formal wear and then clicked on the wedding arch and told her to get married. Her groom duly started to swim back to the shore but she got fed up with waiting, cancelled out the Get Married action, changed into her swimwear and made her way down to the ocean, so by the time her groom arrived at the wedding arch, she was back in the water.

This repeated a few times, with me desperately trying to get both of them to the wedding arch at the same time - shouting at the screen that they were idiots. Eventually they were both making their way to the wedding arch at the same time and I thought finally things were back on track. Then the groom suddenly changed out of his formal suit, jumped into a taxi, and drove away, presumably to work, and as he wasn't a sim that I controlled, I couldn't cancel it.

Then all the guests started to leave, complaining that it was an awful wedding party because no-one had got married!

My bride was devastated.

I learnt my lesson and never tried to have a beach wedding again.

:roll:
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    halouja wrote:
    I decided it would be brilliant to stage a wedding on a beach so I went into Edit Town and added a wedding arch, seats, stereo, buffet and wedding cake table to the chosen beach, then returned to Live Mode and duly threw the Wedding Party and then sent the bride to the beach to wait for her groom and the guests.

So far so good. Unfortunately, as soon as everyone arrived at the beach, they all immediately switched into their swimwear and started swimming in the ocean! Including the bride and groom! The bride was the only controllable sim there, so I cancelled her Swim In The Ocean action, told her to switch back into her Formal wear and then clicked on the wedding arch and told her to get married. Her groom duly started to swim back to the shore but she got fed up with waiting, cancelled out the Get Married action, changed into her swimwear and made her way down to the ocean, so by the time her groom arrived at the wedding arch, she was back in the water.

This repeated a few times, with me desperately trying to get both of them to the wedding arch at the same time - shouting at the screen that they were idiots. Eventually they were both making their way to the wedding arch at the same time and I thought finally things were back on track. Then the groom suddenly changed out of his formal suit, jumped into a taxi, and drove away, presumably to work, and as he wasn't a sim that I controlled, I couldn't cancel it.

Then all the guests started to leave, complaining that it was an awful wedding party because no-one had got married!

My bride was devastated.

I learnt my lesson and never tried to have a beach wedding again.

:roll:

:shock: That's horrible! I don't have many either. I usually have private weddings too. I should have got the hint when Grim Reaper showed up at her bachelorette party lol
  • Options
    LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2014
    I play a lot of legacy families over time, so I have seen the bathroom/ open air wedding many times to the point that I'm almost used to it. Never had a massive fire break out/ meteor kill the bride or groom, so I'm lucky in that regard.
    I DID have one though that SEEMED to be 100% fine and dandy until after they were wed. My 7th or so gen heir had married his high school sweetheart Raina Fox, and I had splashed out on a nice outdoor wedding in the garden. I had the arch, cake and plenty of seating. I invited over some of his VERY extended family, and friends and everything was great. The guests got along great, the wedding was brilliant, weather a bit cold, but hey the house was HUGE and had plenty of things to do. However during the ceremony I noticed one of the guests was upset and I thought he was just so happy for the couple that he was crying. But he acted like the wedding was a BAD thing. I jokingly thought, oh he's in love the the bride! Hah! Yeah sure! Like the game wouldn't tell me they had a fling together! Her status only shows her fiancee/ husband. Oh, how stupid was I. As soon as I switched to her after the wedding I checked her relationship panel to see who her friends and family were and there it was. Raina Fox had a romantic interest in this guy. OH HECK NO! Why did her partner thingy never mention this during her romance with my heir? So the guy, who funnily enough was the groom's best friend, was in LOVE WITH HIS WIFE!
    AND I INVITED HIM BECAUSE...I thought I could pretend he was the best man and....Raina...why? I had her sneak over to the guys house to let him down gently *he was still P.O'd but I didn't want the heir to suddenly divorce her before any babies could arrive.* It was like something out of a soap opera. The groom had no idea his best friend throughout childhood was in love with his wife. I had to pause the game when I found out because I was laughing so hard.

I've had MANY birthday parties that had a guest/ member of the family die of old age.