Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can EA change the teen height before release? (not bashing)

I'm a bit more upset about the teen height now than the toddler situation, (although I'm still upset about that too).

After I saw this photo, I was thinking how this Sim would make a prefect preteen and if teens were shorter than we could possibly make a preteen like Sim.

image.jpg

Did they ever give a reason why teens are the same height as adults? I think I read on someones post that it's not hard to make the teens shorter. Is that true? And if so you think EA could change the height of the teen to how they were in previous game?

It's such a big gap. It feels like a stage is missing. And I can't get over this. :cry:

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not an expert (maybe someone else with more experience can answer), but I don't think it would be possible due to the time constraints as they'd have to make new animations and clothing for the smaller teens.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    I'm not an expert (maybe someone else with more experience can answer), but I don't think it would be possible due to the time constraints as they'd have to make new animations and clothing for the smaller teens.
    ^^
  • Options
    13dawidch13dawidch Posts: 77 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Teens are 16-19 so they might have the same height as their parents :) One of Gurus announced that they are going to add new stage - pre-teens (13-16) and they will be smaller than adults!
  • Options
    jirlucfanjirlucfan Posts: 447 Member
    edited July 2014
    13dawidch wrote:
    Teens are 16-19 so they might have the same height as their parents :) One of Gurus announced that they are going to add new stage - pre-teens (13-16) and they will be smaller than adults!

Who said that and where?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    13dawidch wrote:
    All I remember hearing is that SimGuruSimedi (Graham Nardone) said that it would be possible to some day add toddlers and pre-teens. But nothing was definite.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, not this time for TS4, but maybe for TS5?
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    edited July 2014
    13dawidch wrote:

If this was true then this would definitely fix the teen issue for me.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Claire17 wrote:

I really wish they could though. :oops: :cry: I forgot where I read it but someone said it's not that hard to make teens shorter. I wish could find that person who said that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Chimp2678 wrote:
    No, not this time for TS4, but maybe for TS5?

I have to wait another 5 years? :cry: I hope not.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:

I really wish they could though. :oops: :cry: I forgot where I read it but someone said it's not that hard to make teens shorter. I wish could find that person who said that.
    I read that too. He/she said that the way animations are created is by mapping points on a mesh. They said the interactions would be scalable if say a teenager were 90% the height of an adult Sim. I don't recall who said it, though.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:

I read that too. He/she said that the way animations are created is by mapping points on a mesh. They said the interactions would be scalable if say a teenager were 90% the height of an adult Sim. I don't recall who said it, though.

Yes I think that's what I read! Thank you!

But if this is the case, then why did they make the teens the same height? Hmm, maybe they will add preteen?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ^ ^

Dunno. I've yet to be able to figure out EA and how they do things.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    ^ ^

Dunno. I've yet to be able to figure out EA and how they do things.

It's frustrating! :x
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2014
    13dawidch wrote:

Link, proof? Highly unlikely.

If a Guru really announced this then they are even dumber than I thought, because 13-16 is still in the teenage years. Pre-teens are 11 or 12 (some might include younger too).
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    13dawidch wrote:
    Agh! It's misinformation and rumors like this that are making people foolishly preorder a game despite they haven't even really seen a video of gameplay (and others paying $20 for day one DLC in the limited edition)

In fact she said nearly the opposite, that it was technically possible, but a very low priority. I don't think anything was said about height.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Thanks.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.