Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure what to think about the sims 4.

So was looking into the sims 4 and stuff. I saw some posts about it and I have mixed feelings about it.

I saw a thread that there are no open neighborhoods and that there is no story progression. But I havent found any info on the official site if that is true or if its just suspected because there still isnt much info about the game yet.

Also Im very disapointed hearing there are no toddlers. Its hard to imagine how the game would work without them.

Heard there are no pools even though Im not happy about it that will probably be fixed with an expansion pack in the future so I can wait on that.

I am impressed with the cas expecially with the weight sliders and being able to shape and mold your sim. Even though there is no create a style I did think the hair colors and skin tones were nice.

Also love the new trait and apsration combined system they did. I always loved the asperation in ts2 and love the trait system in ts3 so im really happy they are both part of the new game. So happy about that,
Even though I dont get why there is a family one when there is no toddlers in the game.

Also think the walks and emotions are cool.

Still over all I have mixed feelings about the game. I dont have a lot of money so I dont know if this is a good investment or not cuz Im mixed about it. If I had plenty of money I wouldnt worry about it. Id just get the game and if I didnt like it no big deal. But I dont and I still havent been able to complete my sims 3 collection. So I guess I just want some thoughts on whether the game is worth the investment and why it is or isnt. And I would like to know because I still dont have all the sims 3 expansion packs and still have plenty to explore. But Im torn cuz the sims 4.

Also wondered if anyone knows for sure that its been proven that there are no open neighborhoods please let me know cuz I havent found anything about whether they are open or closed. Thanks
my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3

Comments

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    They are closed, bunch of threads floating around. If you really want it and have limited funds I suggest waiting til the price drops. I am not buying too much was removed from the base game for my taste I feel. That is my opinion. What you decide is truly up to you.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    There will be no more open worlds, but you will be able visit other worlds. :P
  • Options
    LinaraYodLinaraYod Posts: 115 Member
    edited July 2014
    Closed.

They're adding loading screens for EVERY lot you want to visit. There is a 'public area' that doesn't require a loading screen...but that's just the street area, and it's not going to be all that large, anyway, because the 'neighborhood' is sectioned off into five (?) areas. So even walking down the street, you'll eventually run into a loading screen.

*sigh*
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2014
    You could always wait for the price to go down after a few months or when a ep comes out.

I wouldn't rely on wether to buy or not based on folk's opinions here. SimsVip has a large info article on the game that can explain the world system better than I can.

What I can infer is loading screens are back but we have public places and you can explore that.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the imput.

I did write this post before someone gave me some interesting info on the sims 4 that I think is helping me decide.

Im leaning more on giving the game a chance and buying it then not.

I at 1st thought that when they said closed worlds that it would be like you are at your home lot then your sim walks off the edge at your home lot.

But I read that there are 5 neighborhoods and the sims arent limited to the house itself like i thought. That they can walk by a neighbors house or go to a palyground 3 doors down. So honestly I think of it as partially open.

I think its an ok comprimize because on one hand i love fully open neighborhoods cuz there is no loading screens, but on the other hand it takes longer to load the whole thing then it does for me to load the sims 2. And also since the sims 2 is my favorite even with loading screens because in ts2 when you go to a lot its much more busier then when you go in ts3 and find out theres only 2 sims on the community lot. So to me it sounds like a good compermize.

But I think the hardest thing for me is not having toddlers.

Im disapointed about the no pools too because i love sending my sims for a swim and since i got ts3 seasons ive enjoyed having my sims swim in the ocean thats going to be a hard thing to lose. but i think an expansion could fix it. but i dont know how an expansion would fix not having toddlers. it would be harder to introduce toddlers to a game thats used to skipping that lifestate unless added early on in the gaming via patch or the 1st expansion pack is released. other then that it might be harder for them to put toddlers back into the game.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3